cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online chat doesn't work - no email support?

volresource

Online chat doesn't work - no email support?

Hi
Its been a while since I tried to contact support, I'm sure there used to be an email option! Is there any online option other than 'chat'? I keep on getting "Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key", even if I switch on full cookie support (usually restricted in my Firefox browser).
PS I'm having a DNS look-up issue - every hour for 10 minutes. This has been happening on and off for months, only way out seems to be switching off router for well over 10 mins (to get a fresh connection?).
4 REPLIES 4
sjptd
Grafter

Re: Online chat doesn't work - no email support?

Chat can fail because of plugins such as ad-blockers.  Try either turning off all plugins, or using another browser (just for the chat) which you probably won't have configured so will be using 'native' without plugins.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

^^ Beat me to saying this.
Hi volresource,
I see that a fault ticket has been raised on your account. Is this what your issue is regarding?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@MattyC,....... and ... sjptk

You might find this thread......  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141338.0.html
enlightening, on the subject of how to get "Live Chat" working......  a key point to remember is when you have "messed" with your blocker, to "reload the page"  to make it work.... !..
The thread is a "bit long winded", but ........ Give it some time,....... and it gets there..........    Roll_eyes
volresource

Thanks shutter for that forum link - I had found and started reading the thread but gave up. Looks like Ghostery could be the issue - I've never come across a site it blocked and forgot it could do so!
MattyC - good to know that a fault ticket had been raised. Using the broadband troubleshooter earlier had come up with an error message and no ticket notification received. I'll go over and add the actual issue to the ticket now.