cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and broadband delay

grandad1957

Phone and broadband delay

I signed up on the 30th of June and received a text saying that the "expected" date for my transfer would be 13th of July. When this hadn't taken place by the 15th of July I contacted Plusnet to see if they could provide an update on the date for my transfer. After the agent contacted the order team I was told that the order had failed and I would receive a new date "within 24 hours" Due to the time it took to obtain this info I can only assume that the orders team was unaware of the problem until I contacted Plusnet.
I have now been given a new "expected" date of the 30th of July which seems as though a new order has been placed today. Can I expect that my broadband will be provided free which it would had i ordered it today or will it cost £2-50 a month which it was when I signed up in June? I think I know the answer
2 REPLIES 2
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Phone and broadband delay

Sadly I'm seeing increasing numbers of reports of delays caused by this problem. You need to raise your question with PlusNet's Customer service to ensure you receive credit.
On the other hand PlusNet need to undertake some proper Root Cause Analysis to identify the underlying cause of this system break then make sure it is fixed. Meanwhile they should put a process in place which checks that orders are progressing with OpenReach rather than assuming everything is okay and waiting for the customer complaint. It is they who should contact you with the bad news and not the other way around.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Phone and broadband delay

Unfortunately the initial order failed due to a error by the agent who placed it.
I've fed this back and we'll handle in internally. I can see the new orders are progressing fine.
Really sorry about this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team