Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

That does depend upon how aggressive that protection is!  Can you set it to exclude / white list PlusNet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aldabra
Dabbler

Fair enough.
I did notice that I had not whitelisted plus.net in CS Lite Mod, but that made no difference.
I will not, generally, whitelist Google but I allowed all the domains I could see under NoScript, one at a time, but to no avail.
That is all I am going to do. I have a life to get on with.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

did you try this - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148718.msg1308900.html#msg1308900

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aldabra
Dabbler

I just tried disabling NoScript. This allowed the chat application but is, of course, unacceptable as a permanent solution. Just allowing googletagmanager.com in NoScript does not work.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Did you disable it completely as you can just disable it for the Plusnet Site
You can enable JavaScript, Java and plugin execution for sites you trust with a simple left-click on the NoScript status bar icon (look at the picture), or using the contextual menu, for easier operation in popup statusbar-less windows.
https://noscript.net/
I fail to see why this isn't an acceptable solution
aldabra
Dabbler

I had to disable it completely to get chat to work. I have always had plus.net allowed in NoScript, along with many other domains that I use regularly. I also, frequently, allow domains temporarily to get something to work, but have had no success, yet, with chat using that technique. Only completely disabling NoScript works. Adblock Plus and  CS Lite Mod  can remain enabled.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are you getting some interaction between Add-ons perhaps? I had an issue like that (with Flash blocking IIRC) and ended up having to remove one of the Add-ons as it somehow interfered with another Add-on!
Gramps
Dabbler

Here's my two-penneth worth. The ONE thing that has always set PlusNet aside from other ISPs, is its customer support, Once this has gone it then just comes down to who offers the cheapest package or the fastest speeds and quite often this is not PlusNet. In my opinion there should be at least two ways of contacting customer support.

1. Telephone

2. Email (The old ticket system was a better version of this as there was always a way to view old tickets even from a different PC to the one used to write the original ticket, good in the event of a HDD crash or just buying a new PC).

The online chat is a welcome ADDITION but it should not be used to replace the two previous contact methods.

Also these contact methods should be VERY prominent on the web site. It is a fundamental fact that most people do not even view their ISPs web site unless they have a problem, If they find it difficult to find the help they want in a method they want to use then it is at this point (Don't forget they are already having problems that why they come to the web site in the first place) that they then start to think "Is it time to switch ISP's" 

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Telephone support remains available. That used to have excessive (unacceptable) wait times, but I think that problem has largely been solved.

There is a link labelled Contact Us at the top of each Member Centre page. Also Help & Support on the menu strip guides users through self-help but shows contact information if required.

However I agree the passing of the ticket system is badly missed. Sad

David
dplusr
Dabbler

Very unsatisfactory. It's late, I want to go to bed, and I won't have time in office hours tomorrow to muck around calling support. The online chat is down (presumably they're already in bed). I just want to raise a ticket and leave it to be sorted tomorrow, so I can come back to it late tomorrow evening and find out what progress has been made or advice given. That's all I have time for.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Feel free to PM your issue over, happy to investigate for you.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dplusr
Dabbler

Thanks. Bob Pullen has picked up my issue in this thread. However, I still think that a ticket system would be more efficient - especially for issues such as this where supporting evidence and specific details of message IDs and so on are going to be needed.

Charles101
Grafter

Yes, PlusNet used to have good support. That seems to have vanished. Tried telephone and it was a 45min wait, tried the online chat waited over an hour to be answered starting with a queue of 16 then by the time they were down to finishing the last before me became NO Agents Available. Wasted an hour.

Customer service on a 24/hr/7day utility needs to run longer available times with more staff. The old ticket system would be a very welcome return.

jetbadger

I completely agree with pwatson and I would like to add my name to the list of people complaining about the loss of the ability to raise tickets.

Some questions do not need an urgent answer and it is a pain in the extreme to have to be tied to chat or have to wait for a phone call to be answered (10 mins today and then I hung up). 

Likewise out of hours, it is very helpful to be able raise your question in a few moments online and then to receive the response at a later time.

I have used both the phone and chat system and they are excellent for a quick response, but I do not always need that.

Gramps
Dabbler

The last person that I recommended to PlusNet has just started to give me some stick, They only signed up a couple of months ago and she has since lost her phone line and internet connection, See tried phoning (On her mobile) only to be put in a queue of over 15 mins. (To expensive on her mobile). So she then tried the chat system (Using her mobile data again) only having to wait until someone was available again (Too expensive again). That's when I get a call giving me all kinds of grief about why I recommended PlusNet and where was this fantastic customer support that I and the adverts went on about. She was about to actually cancel her contract on the grounds that they were not supplying a service for what she was paying for and could not easily contact anyone to get it sorted. If this situation doesn't change soon then I am afraid PlusNet are going to loose customers (If they haven't already).

Luckily I went round and managed to sort the problem for her, It turned out to be a faulty ADSL filter that PlusNet supplied.

PLUSNET REALY NEED A TICKET OR E-MAIL SYSTEM (I cannot emphasise this enough).