cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

flaming02

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Feed back - Not all of use are available when you are online. I can put in an e-mail the exact diagnostics I have done, ask a direct question and get the answer at a time that is convenient for me. As it happens I've had a problem for days but haven't been been able to raise it as I'm not in when you are online. Hopefully I can get through on the weekend, in the meantime my family has no WiFi and I'm not able to report it for a another few days.

p_tips
Dabbler

I also find email more preferable to me, at least you can take your time.  I've been charged for a call I never made which comes up as a nuisance number online.  I can't hang on too long on the phone and chat still won't work with adblock turned off.

I'll have to double check if using a call blocker incurs a charge

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Gramps wrote:

TSee tried phoning (On her mobile) only to be put in a queue of over 15 mins. (To expensive on her mobile).

How can a free call be too expensive?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gramps
Dabbler

Fair point, I was just passing on the message, but if she "Perceives" the call as being too expensive (Ie doesn't realise its a free call) then the effect is the same. And that is part of the point, people want a quick contact system such as email or the old ticket system, they do not want to search out numbers, check to see if it is a free call then wait several minutes to actually get through.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I did wonder when we were debating this if, with the passage of time, we might come to accept that from a users point of view it wasn't so bad after all.

Have any if you got to that point? I know I haven't - I still think removing the ability to raise low priority queries without hanging on for ages on the phone or chat was a dreadful mistake.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@jelv I agree, I ask myself what clogs up the phone lines and the chat streamCrazy3

But if i remember in the day when staff worked multiple shifts covering 24 hours  they spent the quiet times at night answering tickets!

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@jelv,

To be honest on the customer side of this debate, I do not think I have heard anyone feel that it was anything other than a grave mistake.  However contact via a ticket system is not where the hip youngsters are at.  They want modern interactive dynamic, technically where its all at communications channels ... like twitface ... so valuable technical resource had to be diverted to other communication channels.

I just do not get it! Ticked_off Crazy3

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Chat vs phone vs tickets:

Less experienced people will probably find a phone call or chat easier  at many levels. Both are interactive, and can probably sort out many problems very quickly

The more experienced user has already done the basic debugging, they are at the level of needing to send more complex data (config files, screen captures, detailed problem explanation), that needs to be passed to a much more experienced person, and that typically works much better via a ticket or email.

Plusnet should offer both

Gramps
Dabbler

The last few contacts that I have had with PlusNet the chat system has never been available (Either it wasn't working or more often than not outside normal operating times) resulted in at times a 20 minute wait on the phone. don't get me wrong I think that the chat system is a great ADDITION, but not at the expense of the ticket system. Ticket system was available 24/7, easy to see all previous conversations and more information, pictures, files etc. could be sent. In my eyes customer service went down not up when the ticket system was removed. Like said before, the more options (Phone, Chat, e-mail/ticket system) available the better, do not remove one and replace it with another.