Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

I have ad blockers installed and they don't block PN chat!
But a warning above the Chat link such as :
" WARNING : If you have Ad Blocking Software installed please disable it before proceeding " would be good advice from PN.
Although;  If someone is savy enought to install Ad Blockers then they are gong to be savy enough to disable it
ebradford

I use Ad Blocker which is probably the most popular ad blocking software. The fact that it appears to be incompatible with Plusnet's website is down to Plusnet and not me isn't it? I don't have any problems on any other websites including those offering online chat which I've used without problem elsewhere.
I just tried Online Chat again and now it's working with Ad Blocker enabled. So it seems someone from Plusnet was reading the forums today and implemented a fix.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It has always worked with AdBlock Plus which is the most popular I believe
ebradford

Sorry... that's what I'm using, I should have been more accurate. If it's always worked then perhaps it wasn't the cause of Online Chat being unavailable for the last two weeks and it was in fact continually offline as I initially thought.  Either way the bottom line is I couldn't get through as a user for some reason which would never have been a problem if they hadn't shut down email and ticketing.
I hope that sounds reasonable.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: ebradford
........ So it seems someone from Plusnet was reading the forums today and implemented a fix.

Good job I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read that!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: ejs
I don't know, I'm not going to check, let's assume it's not there

That was a question aimed at Plusnet.
Quote from: gpsmout
Although;  If someone is savy enought to install Ad Blockers then they are gong to be savy enough to disable it

But they need to be aware that the reason chat is not working might be because of the ad blocker. Let's face it if, something is not working at Plusnet, given our experience our first reaction isn't going to be it might be something at our end.
Quote from: gpsmout
" WARNING : If you have Ad Blocking Software installed please disable it before proceeding " would be good advice from PN.

Far too sensible a suggestion for Plusnet to take any notice of that idea.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BrightonRock1
Grafter

Quote from: gpsmout on Today at 18:12

Actually the problem is more subtle. On my system it is not Adblock+ that causes the problem but Ghostery which is stopping tracking rather than blocking ads. The suggestion is a good one of a message warning of why chat doesn't seem to be available. But better would be re-coding the page to avoid the problem entirely. I don't see why they have to do things this way and create this problem in the first place for people running security that is common-place.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ironically I just went to try to contact PlusNet as a BUSINESS user - thought I would use CHAT.
However, chat was not available for business users ... instead I was asked to raise a ticket (non-urgent issue).
Its a mad old world!  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

freedomit

I've been trying to conjure up a URL that would work for submitting tickets that I could bookmark. This seems to work - can someone else try?
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&wizard_id=38
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It works but won't be much use as most topics can't be raised via ticket - as seen here https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html - so will be met with a comment that you need to use chat and / or phone
freedomit

Thanks Jim, I've just raised a ticket through it for a referral problem (the perfect example of needing tickets not chat or phone) so will see what happens!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There's also an assortment of links to Tickets in my and Townman's sigs.
aldabra
Dabbler

I have not used my email account for a while and when I decided to go in and clean it up I find a an email from plusnet entitled:
Important information regarding your email account

and which contains the following lines:
If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:
https://portal.plus.net/

A few hours later, with an afternoon trashed, I find this thread. (and I cannot get this chat thing to work either)
Thank you, freedomit, for your URL. I used it to raise a ticket and got an email confirmation.
I really must go out and buy a blood pressure meter.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Chat not available - do you have advert / pop-up blockers installed?  If yes, you need to configure your software to not block the PlusNet chat service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aldabra
Dabbler

I seem to remember reading a post that said it worked with Adblock Plus. I also have CS Lite Mod and NoScript.
In my humble opinion, if it does not work with standard protection then its does not work.