cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough of this

toaster
Grafter

Re: Had enough of this

I appreciate the fact that someone is now doing something positive to aleviate the problem thank you.
However when I suggested this earlier on in this fiasco I was talked out of this by CS as it would take a long time to do this. So how long am I going to have to wait for this to happen. I have been told an engineer may need to come to my house to install a new socket ,well I've read stories here about that and engineers not turning up. I am not sitting in all day waiting for one to be told they have postponed and I have taken a day off.
So can anyone tell me how long this will take to complete?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

So how long am I going to have to wait for this to happen

Once the order is confirmed in our supplier systems we will request it is expedited. So basically the standard lead times shouldn't apply so it should just be down to engineer availability - usually within a few working days.

As it's a new line installation, the engineer will need access to install a second socket. They should provide you with an up to date socket at a location of your convenience I'd imagine.

So can anyone tell me how long this will take to complete?

Our provisioning team will continue to keep you updated.

I'm on annual leave from tomorrow for a week so I won't be around to keep an eye on this but I have set things in motion. I'll follow up week beginning 2nd October though I hope this is all done and dusted by then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toaster
Grafter

Done and dusted by the 2nd of October,obviously you are not following the story, time to stop deaming. Here is my latest Text message (
Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 07/10/2017. Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active.).
ANOTHER TWO [-Censored-] WEEKS.
Please tell me this is a wind up. I have stuck in with you thinking this was coming to an end and now this. I could have had my broadband with talk talk up and running long before now and I wish I had, it was only thier CS reviews that put me off going with them in the first place. Now looking at he experience I am having with you lot my review of this company will make them look very atractive to other people.
I really do not care about your suppliers letting you down ,my contract is with you and you have not lived up to this,you have continually let me down,you have treated me as an idiot by telling me it's not your fault when it is and you have taken no responsibility for you actions.I have been told the same old script by all CS page perfect.Looking back through all of this it appears I am dealing with a bunch of amatures. As for your suppliers you allow them to walk all over you while you roll over and let them. If your company had any b**** then you would come down on your suppliers with all means to your disposal to recify this problem alot quicker than has happened. BTOR BTW are not that inept when it comes to sorting out a glitch in their system.
Thete is something seriously wrong with your company management if it takes two months to supply someone with the service you sold to them.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That will probably be an auto generated message to say the order has been placed with standard lead times.  As @Gandalf has said, once the order has been placed, he will expedite it.

Once the order is confirmed in our supplier systems we will request it is expedited. So basically the standard lead times shouldn't apply so it should just be down to engineer availability - usually within a few working days.

toaster
Grafter

Who was I kidding expecting anything else.below is a repeat of a every update so far.
We can't answer Question 156691877 at the moment.

We've placed it on hold until Wednesday 4th October 2017. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

Dear Mr Mackenzie,

Good Afternoon

I have spoken to the supplier in regards to the broadband order which is still committed for activation on supplier confirmation date which supplier has now placed a further escalation for the service to be activated after 48 working hours, in which next update to be checked by advisors will be on the 02/10/17.

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 4th October at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

toaster
Grafter

Oh what a mug am I
toaster
Grafter

Broadband order completed yesterday and guess what, yes you got it no internet
Switched it on and off, changed filters, disconnected everything else, several times,tried another hub, plugged it directly into the test socket and nothing. Have dial tone but no internet. Don't know why I am suprised. So another let down by Plusnet. No doubt it will be someone else's fault.
toaster
Grafter

Even though you tell me that my fibre is activated and running I still have nothing. Phoned the helpline and was asked to do everything I had already done and then told me that there must be a fault on my line. You lot should be detectives I would never have worked that out. Then you tell me that if the fault is on my property it will cost me £65 even though my line was working perfectly until you got your hands on it. Now I am back to two day updates again, I have already used 30gig of mobile data because of all of this.

I just hope that you are ashamed of your selves and putting people through this ordeal. You are not being asked to do the impossible, just give us the service that you talked us into which in your case appears to be impossible.

How long now?

toaster
Grafter

I see you must have run out of sorrys and thank you for your continued patience, we are doing everything we can to resolve the problem,as no one is answering anymore
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

This forum is not an official support channel, you need to contact customer service.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

This Used to be the best place to get things sorted , but as staff are thin on the ground everywhere waiting has become the norm Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

This forum is not an official support channel, you need to contact customer service.

It might not be, but this channel has somewhat taken ownership of this issue and there is currently no visibility here of continued monitoring.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

toaster
Grafter

Just spoke to CS and they told me an engineer has been out to check the fault and now needs access to my property to find the fault. Why could I not have been informed of this instead of having to to go looking for the information.

As per our conversation, your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 02/10/17 18.00-13.00. Please note if the fault isn't with the service supplied or you miss the visit or cancel with less than 48 hours notice, we will add a one off fee of £65 to your bill. Please call us on 0800 432 0200 if this needs rearranging. Kind regards, M

Now threaten me with the £65 instead of concentrating on the problem, Is that 6pm the night before till 1pm .

I am sure by now that PN are in breach of contact as we are now in week 8 with out a smidgin  if service from their side.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

I came to PN from Sky and had a few initial teething problems switching form one  ISP to another, it has only got better.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry about the length of time this took to get your service up and running.

From looking through your account, I can see your original order completed before we had a chance to request the new order was expedited. I understand that your service didn't work following the order completing.

From reading the engineer notes from yesterday, it looks like the service was incorrectly provisioned as it was not jumpered to a fibre port at the cabinet. Apologies for the inconvenience again.

I'll update this ticket with a gesture of goodwill. Let us know if you'd like to accept it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet