cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough of this

toaster
Grafter

Re: Had enough of this

I will tell you which part of the problem this dumb gormless customer does not understand. A month ago I had perfectly good working fibre optic broadband and as the price was about to double and because I am a just a normal person i looked into deals that would be a little lighter on my pocket. having gone through the search process and weighed up all the pros and cons I phoned Plusnet and asked a lot appropriate questions. I asked about line speeds and any known faults and all about the change over possess, I was assured by the customer adviser / salesman that it was just a case of Plusnet taking over my line and providing me with with broadband instead of my then provider. I said I would leave it till I come back from  my holidays but was told if I sign up now it would all take place while I was on holiday, there was nothing for me to do and it would take a minimum of 10 days to complete. when I came back from my holiday I found I was still with my old provider and asked plusnet what was happening, I was told that my old provider had not answered PN's request for ownership of the line, at this point that had been 14 days. two days later my line went dead ad I have been told the same story from every customer support agent ever since.There has been an exception and your order is stuck in the system, so what is not to understand. I cannot believe that it takes all this time to resolve a problem . Its been a total of one month and I get apologies and the same script read out to me every time I contact customer support. This is what I dont understand how can you treat a customer or customers in this manner, if you cant supply the service then why offer it for sale, I understand the problem probably lies with your suppliers but hey are not on the TV every five minutes begging for custom ,PLUSNET ARE .

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You are not the first Sky, or other LLU customer who has suffered this problem, it really is about time the powers that be should be sorting this. The Problem Management team should have stats internally and should know how often this is happening, and should be doing something about it. My own theory is that the LLU suppliers are not following OFCOM's code of practise, and that Openreach do not have accurate records of the LLU suppliers lines - hence the exceptions mentioned above.

Unfortunately the deals for new customers mean that lots of people swap suppliers on a regular basis, which is normally hassle free, alas not always. I left BT about 2 years ago, after they started charging me after I stopped working for them, and move to PN, the move was hassle free, at the end of the 18 months, although I was offered a good renewal deal, the CS script kept mentioning the 1.9 upload, even though I was on 20Mbps. So I have moved to EE, for the extra 5Gbps data on my mobile, again the move was hassle free.

I would come back to PN when my current contract is up, if the deal was right, the CS staff on here are a lot more supportive and available than other places.

toaster
Grafter

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 29th August at 7:00am.
Question [ 156691877 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 31st August at 7:00am.
As per our conversation I am extremely sorry for the delayed experience you are having with your orders. Unfortunately your orders have got stuck in our suppliers system so they have raised a bridge case to get this resolved.

They have advised us to contact them tomorrow to review this and hopefully be able to provide a committed date.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. 
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 31st August at 7:00am.
Question [ 156691877 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
I'm apologize for the inconvenience this has clearly caused you. We have done all we can as a company to get this corrected, BT needs this timeframe to do this. They have stated on the phone it will be resolved by 05/09/17 and further to that we can book an Engineer. This is the latest information we have from them.
This email is to confirm we have a new update from our suppliers regarding the work on installing your services. 

Your order is with the fibre team and they have raised a bridge case as they have encountered an error during fulfillment as well and the next update will be by 11/09/17.

Your phone line part has also had an update, Our suppliers for this are sending out a requested to there back end team to remove a exception on your order
This Question is now on hold until Friday 8th September at 7:00am.
The Question 156691877 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Supplier Team

Dear Mr Mackenzie,

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your call.

As we discussed, the suppliers are having issues with the previous providers broadband cease and our broadband provide. Due to the length of time this is taking we have escalated it with the suppliers and they have advised us to review back on the 08/09/17. Once we have some more information we will be in touch.
Bridge case has been escalated next review date is the 07/09/17

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 7th September at 7:00am.
The Question 156691877 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Supplier Team

Taking control to action
I can see that this has been ongoing for a while and I am very sorry about this, I can see the main issues are that the orders have got stuck in our suppliers systems.

I can see that my previous colleague have spoke to the suppliers in an effort to get this resolved via what they call a " Bridge Case " which is an internal enquiry with our suppliers so they can work with thier internal team to resolve the issues in thier systems & progress your orders.

As the last message advised, we are due to get a further update from our suppliers tomorrow 07/09/17 and will update you again shortly afterwards.

I really do appreciate your patience in what is a difficult situation & I can assure you, we are working closely both with you and our suppliers to get this resolved asap for you.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 7th September at 7:00am.
We have been in liaison with our suppliers regarding your request for broadband services.

There is an exception on the order which means that the order is stuck in a loop. This needs to be made fluid so that the order can complete.

To this end our supplier has raised a Bridge Case ( these are raised to both Openreach and BT Wholesale to resolve system related problems with orders ) to resolve this problem.

Bridge Case Reference: CA266177.

The supplier has advised 13/09/17 for the next review date by which time the issue should be resolved and you will, at long last, have broadband.

Your patience in this matter is appreciated and we look forward to providing you with a service that is both reliable and cost effective.

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 13th September at 7:00am.

Our suppliers have advised us that the bridge case is still open with Openreach and this has been escalated to the bridge case team. I do sincerely apologise for the continued delays. We've been assured that the order will complete within 48 hours.

Whilst I can't make such a guarantee, I do hope there are no more delays.

[Internal BTW E-Chat Notes]

BTW Agent- IP (14:19:22)
Anoush I had a word with the suppliers and they have informed me that the bridge case was still open, hence they have now escalated it to the bridge case team.

BTW Agent- IP (14:19:40)
They have advised to allow 48 working hours for this to be progressed

BTW Agent- IP (14:19:51)
Please review the order back on 18/09/2017

Anoush (14:20:27)
It's been open for 3-4 weeks

Anoush (14:20:31)
What tier is it at now?

BTW Agent- IP (14:21:15)
I understand it has been delayed a lot, I really do apologies for that.

BTW Agent- IP (14:21:36)
However the order is stuck in an exception and they raised a bridge case for the same to be removed

BTW Agent- IP (14:21:36)
However the order is stuck in an exception and they raised a bridge case for the same to be removed 

BTW Agent- IP (14:22:14)
Unfortunately the bridge case is not yet closed and they have now escalated that to the bridge case team, 

BTW Agent- IP (14:22:33)
Also as it is delayed a lot I have asked them to take an ownership and monitor this order

BTW Agent- IP (14:22:53)
Thus I would request you to allow 48 working hours fro now and they have assured to get that closed sooner
This Question is now on hold until Monday 18th September at 7:00am.
I am very sorry you have experienced such a delay in getting your services up and running.

I have spoken to our suppliers to find out whats going on with your order.

We are still waiting for an update from the open exception (which is basically a technical issue).

We are due an update on this on the 19/09/2017 once we get this updated and the issue is resolved we will be looking at getting this fats tracked for you
[Sms Message: Plusnet: We are still waiting for an update from the open exception (which is basically a technical issue). We are due an update on this on the 19/09/2017 once we get this updated and the issue is resolved we will be looking at getting this fats tracked for you]
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 19th September at 7:00am.
This is the [-Censored-] I have had to put up with for a month
I also had an email and sms telling me that it was reolved last week.
I must either be the most patient person in the world or the biggest fool ever I am not sure wich.
I was on the phone on Friday past speakeng to "[CSA Removed]" and he told me that this would be resolved by today and I would have my broadband by wednesday and wilst on the phone to him I recieved texts from plusnet telling me that I would be connected on the 22nd, and as he was on my account he could not work out who was sending them as he wasnt.
I also got a text and email saying that my phone line would be connected on the 25th of august 2017, that was on the 15th of september so someone is taking the [-Censored-].

Thursday will be six weeks . 
This has to be the worst case of gross incompetence
I have ever come across

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Moderator notes edited back to their relevant colour and should not be removed or edited as per the Forum Rules.

toaster
Grafter

Suprise suprise, look what was in my mail this morning. How predictable

I have been in touch with the suppliers today in regards to your delayed broadband orders.

They have informed me that the fix they have applied to the order has not worked. Our suppliers have now escalated this issue higher to be resolved as soon as possible.

We should receive our next update on 21/09/2017.

Thank you for your continued patience
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

This is now getting beyond ridiculous now Ticked_off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm raising an official escalation with regards to this order, to BTwholesale.

This should help speed things up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toaster
Grafter

The amount of escalations this has had the CEO must now be handling it or has it went higher? 

Had a long talk on the phone just to be apologised to again and another scripture read to me again about how everything has been done to move my stuck order through the system. Another bridge case , another escalation to clear the exception, I am slowly loosing the will to care, I have as this thread is titled I HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

I was told by a help team member that if I cancelled and went with another ISP I would have the same problem, so I held in there and look at what is happening now, maybe it was true who knows but I am sure it could not have been as bad as this. Six weeks to fix a computer system glitch, someone is either not doing their job or can't.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst it feels like we've continually raised escalations, the matter has simply been escalated through the bridge case tiers. I've however raised an escalation to BTW through the official process in light of the length of time it's taken to resolve this.

The official escalation has been accepted. Admittedly, we possibly could have raised this sooner.

I do hope this this speeds things up though.

We'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill once the matter is resolved.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toaster
Grafter

Another escalation oh gosh I did not see that coming.
You are currently in the 7th week of this how much longer are you going to treat me like this I feel you are making a joke of this now. I cannot believe that your suppliers are this incapable of resolving this problem. What page of networking for dummies are they on?
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Perhaps it is time you took the bull by the horns (so to speak) and get on to Sky and ask the question yourself as to why they are not releasing you.

toaster
Grafter

According to plusnet they already have released my line and PN have taken ownership
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It seems as though the order is just broken. Sad When I’m back in the office tomorrow I’ll look into placing a new order in the background.

This won’t be related to the existing, stuck order so it should progress fine (unless a new exception is generated on it which would be a coincidence and unlikely IMO)

We should be able to request the new order is expedited, because of the issues with the stuck order.

So basically we’d have a backup plan which may complete a lot sooner than the order we’re waiting on.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toaster
Grafter

That's very funny because I already suggested that to one of the CS team and I was told a long story of how that would mean cancelling my present order (2 days) then 10 days to initialise and the probably the same amount of weeks when the exception started again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If we install a new line with a new telephone number, it shouldn’t matter if the stuck order is open. Leave this with me.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've got that moving for you now by placing a new line installation order. We'll request it's expedited as soon as we can and if this completes first we'll cease your existing line by renumbering your new line with your own telephone number.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet