Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had enough of this

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Had enough of this

Gandalf has previously advised that the issues with the line transfer are due to an issue in the BT exchange.

As such the tardy provision of services is contractually a PN issue.

PN are also a mobile provider.

In these circumstances it would be good customer service from PN to offer a free or discounted SIM with say 8Gig of data for one month to help the new customer out!

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Having a look into this, the order is basically just stuck within the supplier systems. Sad

I don't think it's fair to point blame at Sky or Openreach but I appreciate the frustration as you've ordered services from us so ultimately the buck falls to Plusnet. We're doing everything we can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@Gandalf wrote:

Having a look into this, the order is basically just stuck within the supplier systems. Sad

I don't think it's fair to point blame at Sky or Openreach

Then I guess it is BT Wholesale's systems that the order is stuck in?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Openreach. That doesn't necessarily mean we should point blame though. The order is stuck and our suppliers are working to get it moving and completed as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf,

Sorry - OH COME ON!!!

If BTw or Openreach is not to blame then who is?

If its stuck in their systems why is it stuck and who is responsible for sorting it and who is not being proactive?  Do I recall there is a bridge case on this?  If BTw / BTOR is not to BLAME for taking so darned long to deal with bridge cases and ALSO ensuring there are no other issues ahead, who is?

Please stop pretending that these muppets are not to blame for the majority of order failures.  Its not credible.

It is a tough step in growing up to recognise and accept that sometimes our parents do not have our individual best interests as their priority.  If that is the case, there is no shame in saying honestly our parent (BT group) is not doing us proud - they are to blame for the situation you are in.  If they find that truth uncomfortable, then they have the choice to change their behaviour, their response to the situations.  If they try to reflect blame for their failure back on to you, then clearly they are simply school yard bullies.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to report our parents to protection agencies ... in this case Ofcom.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

toaster
Grafter

Well I am pleased someone else is seeing it the way I do. Alright so my order is stuck in BTOR system with a lot of other people and from reading this and other forums this has been going on for quite a while.So why is Plusnet just putting up with it? why are they not taking action to get all this resolved and taking measures to stop this happening to anyone else who is signing up right now at this very moment.

I work for a company who contracts work out regularly but we check with the contractors before we commit to our customers to make sure they can deliver thus allowing us to meet out deadlines. Yes we do have delays with contractors  and sometimes things are late but we are always in contact with our customers who appreciate being kept in the loop and the contractors are financially penalised and or dropped in favour of better suppliers. This to me is the sensible way of doing business.

Allowing Sky and BTOR to treat you in this manner is deplorable and this reflects on your self and gives customers a low opinion of your company. Your customers have a contract with you and they don't care what problems you are having with your suppliers we only care about the service we receive from you, which at the moment in my case is nill nothing zilch....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst I don't like to point blame, that doesn't mean we're not doing everything we can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Gandalf  So,...... credit where credit is due..... but you won`t point the finger where the blame lies... i.e. the reverse of "credit where credit is due".... there should be an equivalent opposite.... 

Blame where blame is due....

If you are so weak kneed, as to not point the finger of blame, where you think it should be pointed, and keep saying "sorry for the inconvenience"... you are going about your job in the wrong manner...  You, as a customer service person, in whatever guise or title or position within Plusnet. should be looking after the customer`s interests with zeal...

Customers are getting fed up to the back teeth with excuses that it is "stuck in the system"  "sorry for the inconvenience"... but we can`t point the finger of blame at the "system" it is stuck in as that would be bad policy, and may reflect on me personally for doing so...

so your previous post is absolutely no use to the customer whatever... if you have to make posts like that, then I suggest you don`t post anything at all... and let the customer close his account and find another supplier with no penalties attached.

You say you  "..... are doing everything we can to get this resolved as soon as possible...".    apart from actually getting it resolved.

Has anyone, from PlusNet management been in contact with OFCOM with the numerous complaints leveled at BTW or OR systems that consistently fail to keep their part of the business deal, in providing proper structured systems to cope with the demand from their customers.... i.e PlusNet in this case.

toaster
Grafter

Oh my god it has been narrowed it down to an exception on the order which means the order is stuck in a loop, Obviously so has customer support because they have been telling me this for a month. I honestly believe that you think we customers are stupid ,  Telling us the same thing over and over again makes you look clueless.If suddenly can do something about this now , which I do not have any faith in , then why could you not do this earlier.

So another Bridge case and I am getting another update in a weeks time  on the hope that the problem is resolved by then.

I will have had my response from OFCOM by then also.

I honestly wish I had never bothered with you lot, I fail to see how you can run an advert that is so opposite to what you are in real life. Looking at OFfcom's figures you make talk talk look like angels.

As far as I am concerned you are not doing everything you can to resolve this otherwise I would not have had to wait a month.

Are the people that have signed up to you in the last four weeks also waiting for their fibre or have they managed to jump over me in the line and have their internet already. If not are you still signing up people that you know are going to have to wait a month to get their broadband and are you telling them this?

I will not be holding out any hope of the problem being resolved by next week as there will be anther exception and back into the loop we go

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

toaster
Grafter

Oh my god it has been narrowed it down to an exception on the order which means the order is stuck in a loop, Obviously so has customer support because they have been telling me this for a month. I honestly believe that you think we customers are stupid ,  Telling us the same thing over and over again makes you look clueless.If suddenly can do something about this now , which I do not have any faith in , then why could you not do this earlier.

So another Bridge case and I am getting another update in a weeks time  on the hope that the problem is resolved by then.

I will have had my response from OFCOM by then also.

I honestly wish I had never bothered with you lot, I fail to see how you can run an advert that is so opposite to what you are in real life. Looking at OFfcom's figures you make talk talk look like angels.

As far as I am concerned you are not doing everything you can to resolve this otherwise I would not have had to wait a month.

Are the people that have signed up to you in the last four weeks also waiting for their fibre or have they managed to jump over me in the line and have their internet already. If not are you still signing up people that you know are going to have to wait a month to get their broadband and are you telling them this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you feel that way

We've simply passed info on from our suppliers as we receive updates.

It's possible that their orders may not be stuck. An exception isn't generated on every order.

It's not a wide system issue, it affects individual orders.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@LouisaMartin, @JonoH, @Chris, @Gandalf

Reported to Ofcom = serious reputational damage!

Is this on DSO escalation with BTOR? If not I hope that anything which comes out of Ofcom's investigation lands in the middle of your supplier's lap!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

toaster
Grafter

So if its not a system wide problem then why was my order not moved to a art of your system without the problem?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Which bit of this problem do you not understand? It's not a matter of Some bit of the system is / is not working.

The issue appears to be with BT and something to do with your specific order. That's what's meant by "not a system wide issue". This problem is specific to your line or your location within BT systems.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As far as I understand it [and I’ll admit I don’t understand it fully, because I’m not a wholesale agent] an order goes through different stages and activities, interacting with various systems and an exception is where something unexpected happens that automation can’t clear which means the flow of activity becomes stuck.

A bridge case is then raised which is a request with a backend team to manually progress the order. Minimum timeframes for a bridge case is 2 working days if the issue lies with BTW, or 5 working days if the issue lies with Openreach.

There are certain levels or tiers that bridge cases can be escalated to where and when appropriate.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet