cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is enough

cbmonkey
Grafter

Enough is enough

This is getting link:censored stupid now.
Put an order in for a home move 8-9 weeks ago. Got told that connection wouldnt be a problem for the 15th of June. Obviously this has came and passed, without any connection.
Today a BT / Open reach engineer turned up first thing. Thinking we finally had it cracked and we'd have internet today, it turns out we dont!. We have a phone line now, but whoop de woo - who the hell uses a land line really now days. Apparently the engineer had no instruction to install fibre optic.
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON PN?!?!
adie:red removed avoidance of swear filter as per link:rules]
65 REPLIES 65
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Enough is enough

Quote from: cbmonkey
...... We have a phone line now, but whoop de woo - who the hell uses a land line really now days.....

Apart from the majority of internet users (you didn't restrict  your comment to phone calls  Wink ), people who consider £10pm a waste of money on a mobile contract to make calls costing <£3pm  Shocked
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.
We placed both orders as a simultaneous order however the broadband order hasn't moved.
I'm looking into this to see what's happening.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbmonkey
Grafter

Ok, so you know what I meant – who uses a land line to make calls anymore, as the majority of  “younger generation” use a mobile phone to call / text.
Awaiting an answer from PN on here, but doubt it will be very forth coming.
cbmonkey
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.
We placed both orders as a simultaneous order however the broadband order hasn't moved.
I'm looking into this to see what's happening.

Does this mean I will have to wait another 5> days just for another engineer to come to my house?. When i spoke to a rep at PN I asked if the internet would take longer to become active than the phone line itself. I got told they would both be active straight away.
As you can imagine, this is very frustrating after waiting so long.
cbmonkey
Grafter

Any follow up yet please? Matthew?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm still looking into this I'm afraid. The simultaneous order has failed so I'll have to place a stand alone order.
What's complicating this a bit further is that the records for your line haven't updated yet so we can't place a fibre order until then.
As soon as I know more I'll let you know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbmonkey
Grafter

A stand alone order??.
Does that mean I will be put at the back of the queue again for a connection?!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No it just means we have to replace the order.
Once I can I'll look into expediting it for you.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Can you also look at my parents home move please Matthew.  they have been getting fobbed off for too long now.  I have sent you a PM with their username.
Cheers
cbmonkey
Grafter

Still not even an estimated date for this Matthew?. We have been in limbo for so long - PN dont appear to be chasing it unless I chase you guys first
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The records updated this morning and I placed the order straight away.
Once it's in the right state I'll get it expedited for you.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbmonkey
Grafter

The lady I spoke to last time at PN re the open reach engineer visit managed to get me a sooner date than what first came up (8th of July changed to 2nd of July with one phone call to BT). Could you please ensure I have the soonest possible install date?. It'd be appreciated,
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Once I can I'll get the earliest one I can.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbmonkey
Grafter

Matthew, a little bird told me that all the connections in the com box is used.
If this was the case, would I of been able to get a phone line installed (admittedly I don't understand how this works).
If that's not the case they'd need to build a new coms box? (?). I'd rather know straight away how long that'll take than just being told x date then once x date comes to be put back