Did you mean: 

Enough is enough

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Enough is enough

Hi cbmonkey,
As it stands, we are being let down by what seems like something clerical, rather than a physical problem. As a result of this, we're a little lost via way of a significant update. We have placed an order for you, and we usually have the facility to expedite this order within 24 hours (usually a bit sooner). However, the order never reached this state at all. We've raised objection with our suppliers, and we are currently waiting on an update from them.
I'm really sorry that I can't give you much more of substance at the moment, but can assure you that we're really giving our suppliers a kick to get it resolved.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
cbmonkey
Grafter

Thanks matty.
My open reach face plate only has a phone socket connection too. Whenever someone installs the broadband, will they replace it with one to take an adsl connection?
cbmonkey
Grafter

Shameless bump.
Any update today? - I have had a text through saying my PN router is in the post  Shocked
On a side note, any reply to my question up ^^^
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there Smiley
I've just had a chat with Matt W., he's said that he is currently battling with the systems (there was an Arthur vs. dragon analogy made somewhere in there) and he will update you by the end of the day. Sorry I can't offer you anything less fuzzy at the moment, but I'm sure Matt will have a concrete update for you later on Smiley
cbmonkey
Grafter

Waiting for that dragon to be killed off...... Lips_are_sealed
cbmonkey
Grafter

Anything matt w?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm still fighting I'm afraid.
I've arranged for a modem to be sent out in the post to you and I'm going to get the order changed to a self install which should speed things up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cbmonkey
Grafter

Hi Matthew,
I still have my router taken from my old house. Does that mean that the net should be active?.
Only problem is I don't have an adsl wall socket to plug into. Only standard phone sockets
cbmonkey
Grafter

Also, would a self install means a standard broadband and not fibre?
gofaster
Rising Star

Quote from: catelliott
Matt W., he's said that he is currently battling with the systems (there was an Arthur vs. dragon analogy made somewhere in there)

I can see what the problem is here.
You sent out an Arthur when you really needed a George  Tongue
Estragon
Rising Star

Self-install means no engineer visits the premises. They only set up the connection at the cabinet.
Instead of getting a VDSL interstitial faceplate and an OR modem, you normally (BT Consumer, Sky, TalkTalk) get an integrated VDSL Modem/Router plus a dangly filter, as we are used to on ADSLx.
It doesn't affect which product you get in the fibre range, but unless you have optimised your home wiring as per all the stuff we used to recommend for ADSLx, your speed is likely to fall in the "B - Impacted" range of the BT Wholesale estimate. Which of course you can easily fix yourself - just buy a "BT" VDSL2 filter and install it, which is dead easy.
If they just send you the normal Plusnet router that connects to the Openreach modem, then it won't work, as you won't have the modem. Unless you have one or they send one as well.
Edit - I missed that Matt said he has sent you a modem.
cbmonkey
Grafter

How would I go about installing that BT VDSL2 filter?. Surely id need to re-wire the inside of the socket?
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No, the VDSL filter goes on the master socket (it plugs in to the test socket) and then you put the removable lower half in to the filter. There's a slot in the bottom of the filter to slide the wire through so there's no rewiring needed. It's obvious what you have to do when you have one in your hands!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cbmonkey
Grafter

I bought one of these the other day out of desperation:
http://brain-images.cdn.dixons.com/8/4/12818448/l_12818448_001.jpg
For the time being could I use this instead of replacing the faceplate to the vdsl one?. Bearing in mind i'm meant to have a fibre optic - am I right in saying fibre optic goes to the com box, then its a normal line to your house?.
Matthew W - any update this morning please?
dick:quote
catelliott
Grafter

Hi cbmonkey,
You should be okay using that microfilter. I've checked the order, but it's still in the validating stage which can take up to 24 hours. Once Matt's in the office (shouldn't be later than 11:30am) I'll liaise with him to find out what he's doing Smiley