Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

DC1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

I am mystified by the fact that Plusnet regularly beats all competitors in customer service surveys but I have been unable to find a single positive customer review for it anywhere - either on this forum or anywere on the web - but literally hundreds of damningly bad reviews. Can anyone provide a link to a place showing reviews by ANY happy customers? If not, how on earth is Plusnet winning the ratings game?

136 REPLIES 136
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

review sites and forums are generally frequented by unhappy customers who rarely post once their issue is sorted.

That's not to say that all is rosy at PN, but there certainly are satisfied / happy customers.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tags (1)
Mav
Fixes: 515

I agree with Dvorak.

People will make the effort to complain but rarely to give praise.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Tags (1)
DC1
Rising Star

But if you Google reviews for just about any other product or service you will find pages containing a mixture of the good and the bad.  My Google searches for Plusnet reviews do not find ANY good; not a single one. Why?

JohnofYork
Grafter

well I've been a happy customer for many years.

there are things that I wish were better (more then 15mb downlaods) but that's out of PN control; old BT copper.

I'd like to have Anonymous Call Blocking without having to pay for it.

rarely had any cause to deal with Support, but when I have done, it's on a par with most other firms.

John York UK

Tags (1)
alanf
Aspiring Pro

If you look at TrustPilot it is true to say that the overwhelming majority of reviews are bad but there are a few 5* and 4* reviews.

Tags (1)
DC1
Rising Star

I know from long experience that bad reviews of products are often because the reviewer has been exceptionally unlucky or is himself at fault in his use of the product or has a big chip on his shoulder; but when that's the case for a product or service that has many happy customers his gripe will usually generate stacks of responses from them defending the supplier.  Why is that not happening with Plusnet? I must say that having just signed up for broadband and landline phone calls on the basis of Plusnet's own customer satisfaction survey claims I am beginning to get a bit worried - especially since I've just had a message saying there's a "problem" processing my broadband order but they can't tell me what the problem is.  I must say it's making me think long and hard about whether I also want to go ahead transferring my mobile sim card deals to Plusnet too.  I'm just looking for reassurance and finding it only in micro not macro.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Right now, and for the past few weeks,  the Webmail has slowed to a complete crawl, although it hasn't quite stopped as it did in the run-up to Christmas.

It takes about 30 minutes just to read a few emails.  I now religiously delete all but a few emails after reading, so they can't say I'm taking too much space on their server.  Often the log-in process times out.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think plusnet has many happy customers, up to a point.

That point being when something goes wrong. Most of the unhappy customers, on the forum, are where the solution to their problem drags on and on.

Examples are the recent sim data fiasco. Or the many billing problems that just keep happening time and time again. Look how many post with the same "I left months ago but plusnet is still charging me".

Promises of improvements in known problem areas fail to materialise year in year out.

Prices rise regularly with the same hollow justification.

Other than all that plusnet is wonderful.Smiley

To me its just become another necessary utility. And is now priced just like one.

Tags (1)
DC1
Rising Star

UPDATE: I have been searching throught this forum and adding a "Happy customers" tag to any positive feedback I came across.  Out of curiosity to see if these tags were being listed I did a search for "Happy customers" and found that it gave me umpteen pages of all posts containing the words "Happy" and "Customer" - a good mixture of positive and negative reviews of the type I had been looking for, so I have sort-of managed to answer my own question, although I'm still baffled as to why Google searches for Plusnet reviews do not provide a similar mix.

jean2

Hi

I recently signed up to PlusNet and started using it just over a week ago, but on reading some of the reviews and also from my relatively new personal experience of webmail!!! I am beginning to wonder what I have done.

I have come from TalkTalk, who did have a few problems, which is why I switched, but at least their email system was a good one.  PlusNet webmail is sooooo slow, seems to take forever loading things...is it just me?

Jean

DC1
Rising Star

I don't plan on using Plusnet emails - happy with gmail - so it won't bother me too much if the problems are mainly with its webmail.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Same here.

I also use gmail but there are several other free mail boxes out there. ie: Zoho  but best to look at the reviews first.

I gave up on PN email ages ago, apart from being slow I found it badly designed compared to other free email providers.

That's just a personal opinion other users may have a different view.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Personally, I use an email client (Thunderbird), because (1) I never trust any providers webmail and (2) I prefer to be in complete control of my numerous addresses.- the chance of losing mail trusted to the cloud or anything else I can't configure to my requirements I don't want to rely on. Again - my personal opinion.

John
Scooterman999
Rising Star

Thanks.  I'm not terribly computer literate so have so far stuck with the mail service provided by my ISP, but I guess I should force myself now to seek out another free provider..........PlusNet has been driving me nuts but I can't use their appalling webmail service to terminate my contract early without incurring penalties.  I wish some of us would start making the true state of affairs known to Ofcom (and Which? - who seem to rate PN so highly)