cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Re: Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

Thanks...........please see my reply below to jab1.  No point in my typing it all out again!

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Thanks........please see my reply below to jab1 below.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@jab1 and @Scooterman999 not using your ISP's email service also makes it easier to migrate; I understand PN 'destroy' (or at least cut access to) your emails as soon as you leave.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Jonpe wrote:

I understand PN 'destroy' (or at least cut access to) your emails as soon as you leave.

Unless a downgrade to a Mail Only account is requested at the time of cancellation.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Having changed provider several times in the past I've long since kicked any ISP email service into touch.

I can't see any purpose to them other than a tool used by the ISP to lock you / tie you to their service.

That and most I've tried have been shockingly bad.

Anon
Pro

I find interesting that ,many long term customers are fleeing the nest. Jelv for example, I have been with them 8 straight years and many before that. I wanted to leave at the last set of problems just after signing for a new contract, nonrefundable line rental keeps me for a while longer. But have made a diary note of the problems so i don't forget and will move.

I agree with an earlier poster who said that people were happy until they had a problem. Those will probably be a majority, hence the awards. But have a problem and boy have you got problem with this lot. Talk Talk's reputation was something like that and so I never even looked at them, sadly I think PlusNet has joined that league.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anon yes i agree , i have been here 7 years and like a lot of customers 90% of the time its ok .

i have noticed several things here on the forum

1)   same errors happen all the time , But they take NO action from preventing the error Sad

2)  They make promises it will improve ,, has it NO !!! its got worse

3)  6-7 years waiting for the new Account system Lips_are_sealed

4)  they cant fix webmail Ticked_off but they only say a few customers affected Crazy2 self denial

5) the worst thing ,,, they can fix easy problems here BUT if there is a out of the ordinary error they dont post !!  there are some mega threads where PN staff leave alone keeping customers in the dark ?

the list could go on Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Around 10 years of happy customer here!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Jonpe wrote:

@jab1 and @Scooterman999 not using your ISP's email service also makes it easier to migrate; I understand PN 'destroy' (or at least cut access to) your emails as soon as you leave.

@Jonpe

I'm well aware of that, which is why I also have yahoo & Gmail accounts which I can redirect mail to in the event that I need to, but as I have said previously, I am wary of leaving my mail in the cloud, and prefer to keep mail I wish to retain on my local machine - then if either the provider (or the internet) goes belly-up, at least I don't lose everything.

John
newagetraveller
Pro

I'm a Madasafish customer initially, before and after they were taken over by PN. So have been a 'phone and broadband customer for a few years.

On the whole I'm satisfied with the the fibre package I'm on and prior to that ADSL. There have been a couple of issues which were sorted out very quickly. However, these were some time ago when things were good with customer service, billing and connection issues.

I am a bit peeved at having to purchase my own modem/router because of the useless wireless of the Hub One! Also unhappy about the continuous "race to the bottom" trying to attract new customers all the time in competition with TalkTalk. That means us long time "loyal" customers are used to subsidise new ones.

Anon
Pro

Back in the day, PN agreed to offer any new terms to existing customers so that they were not disadvantaged.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
billnotben
Community Veteran

Now existing customers have become the new "pension fund".

Something to be freely used and taken advantage of by the unscrupulous.

dallday
Grafter

Had many years of good service from them. Couple of issues lately seem to be dragging a bit which makes me feel that they need more IT staff. Have they not been bought by BT? Smiley

One plus point has been that they don't force you onto new packages, but that does mean you need to keep checking that you are on the best one?

Talking to friends on other ISP it seems that all of them can be bad at times.

Tags (1)
jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@dallday BT bought them about 10 years ago.

Overall I am happy, I had some issues last year which were resolved but it took longer than I'd have liked to get replies from support. Staff can be hit and miss around how knowledgeable they are, but we got it sorted in the end.

I'd say they are the same as other ISPs, I've never tried Zen, IdNet etc though

The idea that I can get 80/20 fibre for £32pm vs BT's £49pm is what keeps me which should be available any day now.

DC1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yes they are now owned by BT.  And of course they've always relied on BT's Open Reach lines and engineers anyway.  Interestingly I have seen several postings in this forum by people who moved from BT to Plusnet and found their broadband speeds improved rather than declined. And, logically, BT increased rather than reduced their incentive to ensure quality service for Plusnet customers because damaging it now damages their own bottom line - and they can't assume that customers driven away from Plusnet would be driven into their arms rather than into the arms of others such as Sky etc. I ask myself why BT, having acquired Plusnet, they don't now just wind it up and transfer all its customers to BT - easy enough to do technically presumably since Plusnet use the same routers anyway.  Two reasons I suspect: one that Plusnet gives them the price-competitive bottom end of the market while they dominate its high-price/high tech image and sports package end; and two that they'd have big legal and PR problems trying to unwind Plusnet's cheaper contracts and re-boot everybody to BT's prices.

I suspect the real problem with Plusnet is just that the bigger a company gets the harder it finds it to maintain standards.  But as long as their deals are as good as they are, most of us are going to put up with that unless it becomes totally intolerable.