cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

Anon
Pro

Re: Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

It is not that they have got bigger. more likely that they have been told by BT to trawl the bottom of the sea and get customers with deals at rockbottom prices. Hoping they stay when the price goes up and that not much goes wrong. Anyway if something goes wrong they are dispensable let them go and indeed provide very cheap poor quality service inline with introductory prices.

Many companies pursue the same policies look at Thompson and Skytours. They have a cheap bottom of the market, poor quality product. Just as PN is to BT.

I don't think for one minute the problem of simply absorbing PN into BT would produce issues. Most customers are on contracts and they end and a few on legacy products and they can be given notice. Easy.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The BT Openreach Plusnet "arrangement" also gives endless opportunities for buck passing.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm happy on the whole with what I'm getting for my money.

I think as was previously suggested happy customers tend to be quiet as opposed to unhappy customers being quite vocal.
Anon
Pro

Customers without problems tend to be happy until they get problems and then they tend to be unhappy, especially when Pn seem not to be able to sort problems out in a timely fashion or even at all.

I hope that, for your sake, you stay happy, you may well find out why the rest of us are unhappy if/when you develop problems.

quelquod
Pro

@DC1 says " I am mystified by the fact that Plusnet regularly beats all competitors in customer service surveys but I have been unable to find a single positive customer review for it anywhere - either on this forum or anywere on the web - but literally hundreds of damningly bad reviews. Can anyone provide a link to a place showing reviews by ANY happy customers? If not, how on earth is Plusnet winning the ratings game?"

It's certainly odd that the CS rating seems to stay high although apparently CS is poor. I can't really comment as I've not really needed CS much at all.

See here for some less than happy customers:  http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/plusnet/reviews/

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Absolutely. I always speak up if I hit any problems.

My last tech support experience a few months back was very positive. The problem was fixed quickly & the technician actually called me back later in the day to check all was still OK as promised.
Tags (1)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

quelquod wrote:

I can't really comment as I've not really needed CS much at all.

Same here and as has been said so many times, happy customers don't complain which makes them difficult to count.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

I agree with those who have expressed satisfaction with the whole Plusnet experience.

There was one isue that I had that prompted me to vehemently complain and resort to a wholly negative review concerning an issue with the TV provision. Ultimately Plusnet resolved the complaint to my satisfaction and I reflected that in an edit to my review on another site.

The core business of phone and broadband provision has been conducted in an entirely satisfactory manner and even the email problems have hardly affected me by taking Plusnet's suggestion to use an email client. Any phone calls to CS have admittedly had delays, but whose CS department answers without any delay?

Overall I am satisfied with the service I get and the price I pay having been a Plusnet customer now for about 4 years.

Tags (1)
Anon
Pro

I am a customer for the last 8 years. Fixing problems is like pulling teeth.

Ring get an answer that is not correct or promises which don't happen.

Spend another 30 minutes to 50 minutes listening to awful, repetitive loud music and get another answer...save me typing and repeat that several times. Even now not actually sorted for sure.

Advise people, though before I have done the opposite and have referred people, to miss them and give their blood pressure a chance.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

Outlook I have to admit that PlusNet's core broadband, phone and billing service has been pretty consistently good.  However its Achilles heel has been its Webmail service which has been plagued with problems, causing huge frustration and a knee-jerk desire to switch providers.  Last Oct/Nov the service stopped altogether and they were advising customers to access mail via a client server / application (?) - terrifyingly complicated to set up for computer illiterates like me.  Before Christmas I did follow their guide and set up Microsoft Outlook as a client and last week when PN seemed to be in a coma I repeatedly tried to access my mails, eventually giving up.  Coming back several hours later, to my joy, I found a full Outlook inbox, and all was (temporarily) forgiven.

Anon
Pro

Rememeber that post of mine about ring, bad music, don't get things sorted repeat.

Just repeated it and I have now instructed my bank to send an incorrect DD back. They have charged me for line rental which I pay in advance.

DC1
Rising Star

My router just arrived less than 24 hours after Plusnet emailed me to say it was on its way.  Admirably clear instruction manual with it.  A lot lighter and thinner than my old Sky one; hope that's because it's more advanced not because it's wifi signal is less powerful since my Sky one isn't exactly brilliant in that regard.  Now just waiting for 9 February and, hopefully, the email promised for that day telling me I can connect. Only problem I've had so far was an email telling me the day after I signed up that there was a problem (unspecified) with my broadband application.  My question via their electronic ticket system asking what the problem was went unanswered for two days. I then used the chat line to repeat the question - got through swiftly and their guy apologised for lack of reply to the ticket; established in less than one minute that the problem was that their automated broadband application trigger had for some reason failed (as opposed to their phone line one which had gone ahead), and triggered it manually. Instantly all the correct emailed confirmations came through to me.  He told me that if I hadn't chased through the chat line it would have been picked up at 5.30 that day by their normal cross-checking process.  So, so far so good.  I'll let you all know how it goes when I eventually connect.  The one lesson I've learnt so far is that their chat line is a vastly better way of communicating with them then their ticket system.

Anon
Pro

They will not deal with all problems this way and the wait can be over 30 minutes. I know been there got the T shirt.

jrilton
Rising Star

Lots of people seem to complain about plusnet email. Am I missing something? Why use plusnet email (or any ISP email) when there are so many providers like Gmail, outlook etc that are much better and it doesn't matter if you leave plusnet.
Anon
Pro

Perhaps because they are paying for it. One does not keep a dog and bark.

Trouble is we are paying for this disgraceful company to provide al sorts of services and they cannot do any of them right. They can't even get their billing right.