Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer tool

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Data transfer tool

i have just upgraded to Essential from Value last billing date.  Unfortunately this month I exceeded the 10Gb, but I thought all would be OK, as I had set the data transfer to £0.  not so, it seems as I have changed account the Data transfer watch resets to NOT SET.  I am a little unhappy at this, but not disputing the charge, as I have gone over the allowance.  Cant there be some kind of warning, or make sure its not reset....  Also now it refuses to let me set it to £0.  If I put £1.00 in, then it tells me to either put in £0 or multiples of £5 ( I did this as a test).  It seems maybe there is something amiss with the tool, or is it just me....
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Data transfer tool

Plusnet systems will already have added £5 of usage to your account for this month so the minimum you can add would be another £5.
The thing to do is reset it to £0 immediately after your billing date.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Strat, thats what I will do....  It is mildly annoying that product changes cause this tool to reset.  Surely Plusnets systems can be a little more intelligent in retaining settings without us having to remember when we change product.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This has been discussed several times previously, I know you say you are not disputing the charge, but if you have only exceeded your allowance by a small amount and only because of this "glitch" in Plusnet's system, they may refund the £5 if you ask. From memory, I think they did this for me when the same thing happened a couple of years back. Of course, this is less likely if you are now making full use of the extra allowance you have inadvertently paid for.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

KevinG has a good point.
You took correct measures to avoid a £5 charge for exceeding your allowance.
As a result of the product change you unreasonably incurred a charge.
If you only use a small portion of the 5GB it would be reasonable for Plusnet to refund the £5.
And while Plusnet are in such a generous mood.......... Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We'll refund this.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: penfold
i have just upgraded to Essential from Value last billing date.  Unfortunately this month I exceeded the 10Gb, but I thought all would be OK, as I had set the data transfer to £0.  not so, it seems as I have changed account the Data transfer watch resets to NOT SET.  I am a little unhappy at this, but not disputing the charge, as I have gone over the allowance.  Cant there be some kind of warning, or make sure its not reset.... 

Sorry about this. I've applied a £5 credit to your next bill to cover the overspend. the fact that the data transfer watch is removed on account change is something we're aware of and are hoping to correct.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Now, if you can just refund this customer £117 we'd all be laughing  Smiley
penfold
Aspiring Pro

@Kelly and Bob
Thanks very much, I really appreciate this gesture.  I will make sure that on my billing date, I reset the data transfer tool.  If this is becoming an issue next month, then an upgrade to unlimited is the way forward.....