cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call wait time

dsluk
Grafter

Call wait time

Today is the first day of the reduced hours, I can only assume that their nightshift staff are now working days - so more bums on seats.
As of now (Mon 20:52)
Residential call stats
Current calls waiting Longest call waiting now Average answer time today
56.44 Currently unavailable 36 minutes and 32 seconds
I'd love to know how you can get .44 of a call
Why is the longest call waiting been unavailable for some time now?
I've currently been waiting for 33 minutes 11 seconds, my ears being blasted off by your very loud queue music......so even with the changes it appears there is no magic solution to your massive queues.  I would have used the chat system but that appears to have completely disappeared from the website.
16 REPLIES 16
alext05
Grafter

Re: Call wait time

Call waiting times is Plusnet's Unique Selling Point (USP). It's all about differentiating yourself from the competition.  Wink
dsluk
Grafter

They used to differentiate on quality service, but now that BT has a hand in it they've fallen apart.
Having recommended a fair few folk to Plusnet over the years, it has now come back to bit me on the bum! I am fascinated by their call stats though, .44 of a call? Can anyone shed any light?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's an average over the previous 15 minutes as has been mentioned several times in quite a few threads around here Wink
dsluk
Grafter

Thanks for that, must have missed those!
Empirical
Grafter

I'm glad I don't work at Plusnet's call centres. non stop calls leading to pressure to be off wrap & stress trying to keep call times low no wonder so many actions get done incorrectly or forgotten about and call backs fail to happen.
dsluk
Grafter

Plus a lot of hacked off ex nightshift staff who now have to work days!
Anotherone
Champion

Not a lot, only 2 or 3, and they will have been doing a number of other tasks on other streams in any event.
dsluk
Grafter

Only 2 or 3? So who answered the calls overnight then?
dsluk
Grafter

Back on the phone to Plusnet now, average answer time showing as just over 7 minutes, message on line saying 30 minute queue, 26.60 calls waiting - their phone system no longer recognises my CLI prompting me to enter my number even though they supply my phoneline.
9 minutes! I'm impressed..................not so impressed with the person picking up the phone though, sounds very new, also in Leeds and claims they can only communicate with staff in Sheffield via email as they have no phones! What a joke!
Residential call stats
Current calls waiting Longest call waiting now Average answer time today
26.60 Currently unavailable 7 minutes and 11 seconds
Last updated: July 14, 2015, 12:05 pm
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: dsluk
Only 2 or 3? So who answered the calls overnight then?

They did, they didn't get that many calls overnight!
dsluk
Grafter

So my immediate question would be why have they reduced the CS hours to provide a better service if only 2 or 3 staff would be coming over to dayshift? I may have completely picked up the wrong end of the stick here but my impression was that by no longer opening at night, more staff were going to be available during the day to help get the queues under control?
Anotherone
Champion

That might have been implied, but I don't recall it actually being stated. Have a read of the longish threads on this board about it.
dsluk
Grafter

@anotherone - I'm in the process of working my way through a few lengthy threads, trying to build up an overall picture. I'm sorry, and glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing their "Award Winning" service.......
hapless
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
That might have been implied, but I don't recall it actually being stated. Have a read of the longish threads on this board about it.

It was stated in the thread "Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet" - here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140849.msg1242073.html#msg1242073, quite early on:
Quote from: plusnettony
We are always striving to improve our award winning customer service, and as a result we have been looking at our customer support opening hours. After extensively analysing the times at which our customers call, and how long they have to wait, we are revamping the call centre opening hours. This will allow us to have the majority of our staff working when customer demand is at its peak. From 13th July 2015 our UK customer support lines will be open from 7.30am to 10pm every day.
Our business customer support is open 24/7.