cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet

mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet

Well ive raised a complaint ticket about this... Most night i dont get in from work until 10 so that my support gone.... Also no chat and no ticket system anymore either and the forum isnt an official portal for support though its been helpful.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Before PN are condemned to eternal hell & damnation I will wait to see if indeed the wait times do drop considerably. Maybe "Mimclaren" will be able to call PN before he goes to work.  Wink
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

tijara33 , for how many years now have we had promises from PN call wait time will be reduced ?
i have been here 5 years and nothing has changed,, still the same replys from PN  , We are recruiting , our new call center will reduce times , Oh it been escalated internally ,
its just the same on here we get a hello from new staff on the forum then they are never seen again . 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Saw this and thought , great i will ring now :
Residential call stats
Current calls waiting Longest call waiting now Average answer time today
0.01 Currently unavailable 1 minute and 42 seconds
Last updated: June 25, 2015, 7:20 am
Only to be told 30 min wait   Angry Sad
Edit: Managed to get thorough after 10 minutes, i also asked the advisor , about the change in opening times, which was confirmed.
We would get an email in due course, but obviously PN like to keep 3rd parties informed before the customer .
Maybe this needs rewording  Crazy
"Fair and square
We don't keep our customers in the dark, or make things complicated. We talk fairly and clearly in plain English, giving all the details. "
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Just had this ticket opened on my account , obviously the advisor thinks what i told him is untrue .
Thanks for getting in contact with us today.  Following our conversation, I can confirm that we have not officially disclosed our opening/closing time change to the public domain. We will soon be informing our customers of any information regarding this and you will be made aware in due course.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7015-telephone-support-hours-changing-at-plusnet.html
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4416365-support-hour-changes.html#Post4416365
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ricke17
Grafter

I am a relatively new customer (March this year) and am now locked in a 24 month contract.
Bad luck comes in threes, I suspect it'll be an overseas call centre next.
Not good - I am a supporter of the small guys in business too!
Rick.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We are always striving to improve our award winning customer service, and as a result we have been looking at our customer support opening hours. After extensively analysing the times at which our customers call, and how long they have to wait, we are revamping the call centre opening hours. This will allow us to have the majority of our staff working when customer demand is at its peak. From 13th July 2015 our UK customer support lines will be open from 7.30am to 10pm every day.
Our business customer support is open 24/7.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Nice bit of marketing spin Smiley ,
"After extensively analysing the times at which our customers call" , given that , what do PN expect the average wait times to fall to ? 
Regards
Mike

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

But Tony, as you've pointed out, Business Support is there 24/7 now, and as Plusnet's "case" for this reduction in hours for Residential customers is no doubt that so few people call, why can't the Business Support handle any Residential customers but in a lower priority queue?
Last night, as far as I could tell from the stats, there were next to no, if any, business calls. I don't think there were many Residential ones either.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I suspect we may have many more questions, so I think it would be best if I collate them all later today, and get some answers to post back in bulk.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thank you.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Plusnet haven't said that the night shift will be redeployed on working on tickets (what tickets)?Huh
It seems likely that they will be redeployed on the job-centre.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

so I think it would be best if I collate them all later today, and get some answers to post back in bulk.

Thanks PlusnetTony.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

@Tony,
If you are taking questions and are going to get serious honest answers, can you please get a formal response to this one - which I suspect no one has considered.
Timed automated call management: When this change is implemented, I rather expect if I call after 10pm the automated call handler will advise that the office is now closed.
How will the automated call handler deal with calls placed BEFORE 10pm, presently receiving the automated "Your call is important to us..." message when the clock turns 10pm?
Will the "The office is now closed" message cut in?  Or (as I have experienced elsewhere) will the call continue to be held "in queue" awaiting now no existent agents?
In short, if a user calls before 10pm will agents remain at their posts after 10pm until all queued calls have been answered?  Unless this assurance can be given, the effective close time of telephone support is 10pm minus typical wait time, which reading recent posts around here means 9pm.
Kevin

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

[pedant]
There's a lot of talk about Ts & Cs but can anyone show me where in the Plusnet Ts & Cs there is mention of Telephone Support Hours?
I can't see that this is a change to Ts & Cs but it does constitute a material change to the overall service provided.
The Ts & Cs do mention the Plusnet Code of Practice but only in relation to 'Sorting out disputes', the Code of Practice does state telephone support hours.
Huh
[/pedant]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.