Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Openreach

gphancock
Grafter

Re: BT Openreach

Hi Fireant,
I am sorry to hear you are experiences with fibre and different providers.
On this one, I think abstruse21 pretty much sums up my position on this issue with the various providers. I am currently in limbo and sitting things out, as I have got so far with Plusnet and their customer care has improved after my day of hell with the Plusnet call centre on the 3rd April. In fact, I would say they have gone out of their way to be proactive and find a solution to this deadlock with SKY.
All providers have their strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes the process of migration or resolving an issue is a matter of pot luck and the individual dealing with your case. You can see on the post about the deadlock between SKY and Plusnet, some of potential pitfalls with migrating from SKY at a later date. I have also had my issues with BT, both as a business and residential customer. One issue took 15 years to resolve with BT Business Roll_eyes And no that is not a typo, it took 15 years for BT to put some poles up, as we kept being cut off whenever it rained and someone drove over said line in wet conditions. As you can imagine, this happened a lot! Sad I also had an issue with migrating from BT Business to BT Residential and that took 1 year to unravel. 
On the other hand, I had no difficulties with either talk.talk or O2 Broadband. O2 Broadband's call centres were exceptional and it is something all telecommunication providers should try to emulate. It makes such a difference when the customer care and call centre experience is excellent.
Anyway, good luck with whatever decision you make.
Fireant
Grafter

yeah good thing bout sky is the 12 month contract but downside you cannot use your own equipment and its pretty cheap talk talk my brother is on and hes only a street away and by the crack of \BTOR he can only Get 20mb on fibre when I can get suppose tb 34.5mb we both on same cab and BTOR had been today he was littrally in 10 mins if that he was a contractor and he wanted the socket in his bedroom he basically said he had no ladders so he capped of the master socket  downstairs and used sky wire what he already had up from sky and connected a socket up there he told him where he wanted it basically took no notice and hes been back onto talk talk hes basically done a cowboy job . so hes said to them if he can only get 20mb hes cancelling every service as adsl is upto 24mb so fibre suppose to be superfast I wouldn't say that . adsl but with the higher price . so hes wanting btor back out they have uptil Wednesday he says if not hes cancelling the lot .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Fireant
is them numbers free to call or are they chargeable what you supplied thanks

It depends on the package from your phone supplier. 03 numbers will be the same as 01/02 numbers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fireant
Grafter

probably charge me then I guess so I should able to talk to the cancellation team on the 0800 number
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Fireant,
You can also use our 0800 432 0200 number to speak to our Customer Options team. They are available Monday - Friday 9:00 - 20:00 and Saturdays 9:00 - 17:30.
Have you managed to get through to anyone regarding this?
The 0800 and 0845 numbers I have provided should be free if you're calling from your Plusnet landline depending on what phone package you have with us.
Fireant
Grafter

no I haven't linn its getting a bit ridiculous how long you waiting for them to answer calls even the ticket system  doesn't get read for ages either  and the music does my crust in also lol I would be using PN Landline  do you think I could speak to the guy I originally had the offer off Michael Edmonds
Fireant
Grafter

Try Ringing them Today See how long you have to wait yet again good job its a free number or I would have wanted the call money back off them .
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

If you want to see when might be a quieter time to call, you can view our Support Stats page at http://csc.plus.net
Sorry for the long wait times we've had, we're still working to bring these down.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: BT OPENREACH

Quote from: newagetraveller
It took longer than I thought for one of the PN groupies to make excuses!

Newagetraveller,
Your comment is not helpful and frankly offensive.  I'm not a PN groupie, I simply sought to make clear that Fireant was unlikely to fair better with another ISP given that the issues were with BTOR.  Fireant has stated that this is not PN's fault and has indeed got into even muddier waters in deciding to obtain service from elsewhere.  Working with PN to deal with BTOR's failures would have been less frustrating and more productive.
However I have to accept the sometimes the PN slammers all believe they know better.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fireant
Grafter

well been on phone for a deal got exactly the deal on the website whats the point if I wanted that deal I could have just done it online instead of talking to someone strange!!!! and by the crack they have stopped doing that  Angry cannot want custom that much or they would beat or match a price .
Fireant
Grafter

FINALLY!!!! openreach arrived not at the time stated so now with new provider and fibre see how it goes was estimated 34mb now openreach got result from his tablet apparently 27mb with him so I guess the system what tells you online isn't exactly true so its pathetic really
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Probably just goes to show that there is a fault on your line which is still there in spite of changing ISPs.
Good luck!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Fireant
Grafter

Apparantly  BTOR  guy says talktalk PN and all other providers apart from BT don't cap speeds  he was telling me but I don't know if that's true but most providers slow you down apart from BT and that's why there price is dearer .  so why would there be a fault and if there was a fault then PN would of said .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

An Openreach test would be using the naked technology and going nowhere near any ISP configuration or infrastructure.  If that raw test did not deliver the estimate, then some aspect of the local line is deficient.
End of.

AndyH
Grafter

I'm not sure the Openreach engineer knows what he's talking about...