Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Openreach

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BT Openreach

Sorry to hear you're leaving us, Fireant.
We hope everything works out for you in the future!
AndyH
Grafter

The irony here is Plusnet have probably made more profit out of the compensation for the failed appointments than they would have with your actual broadband!
Fireant
Grafter

thanks now these one thing after another Now PN Are saying I owe them money  I received mac code this morning with a message I suppose to owe them over £149 pound for cancelling the fibre contract I don't bloody think so .  Angry and if that's the case ill stop my direct debit and they will get jack shit
abstruse21
Grafter

Hmm. It seems clear the fault here is with BTOR.. I do not know what work Plusnet have carried out so far or what contract you agreed to but I 'suspect' they are entitled to ask for payment for your cancellation. Whether you feel it is justified or not. (EDIT: Better news for you below from Plusnet it seems!)
I see a lot of people changing their minds over their provider (any provider that uses BTOR as a supplier actually) at the last minute because BTOR have let them down on appointments or quality of work carried out. Mostly its not something the provider is at fault with.
I agree providers should be more aggressive with BTOR about these problems but I also do not think BTOR really care or will take notice.
Until BTOR are held more accountable and are forced to upgrade the quality of their service I suspect many providers are going to keep taking a lot of blame for something out of their control.
Don't take this as me sticking up for Plusnet as a fanboy either. I have had my own share of well voiced disagreements with Plusnet and BTOR alike!
As an ex-SKY customer, tv, phone and Broadband I agree with Buntrob entirely.. SKY have their own significant list of issues for customers to deal with and my sky phone & BB installation was carried out by ... oh yes. BTOR. That didn't go smoothly either considering at the time I lived close enough to the exchange to look out of the window and watch the BT engineers in their vans sitting outside drinking coffee half the day yet couldn't find an engineer to visit the exchange (when i could clearly see them sitting there) to flick a switch or test a connection for me.. i could literally have called over to them and asked myself!
Fireant
Grafter

well the work they did was  changed the package and obvious waiting for bt openreach to finish the installation which didn't go to plan and no way im paying the cancellation payment of no fault of my own so if that's the case well they will have a long wait for the money .  BTOR  donot have to come to the property as there new sky hub apparently has the modem built in so all the BTOR have to go to the cabinet .
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Fireant,
You can disregard the calculations of the outstanding fees stated in Ticket: 83988156
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. These calculations were based on the new Fibre contract which isn't applicable as the installation wasn't completed.
I'm having a colleague look into this for you and they'll pop an update on the Ticket.
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: Fireant
thanks buntrob  its no fault of my own why am leaving due to the trollop of Openreach  and you wonder why no one gets bt broadband.......

According to the stats as at Dec 2013:
BT have 7.1 million subscribers ie 32% of the market
Sky have 5.1 million subscribers ie 23% of the market
Virgin have 4.5 subscribers ie 20% of the market.
TalkTalk have 4.2 subscribers  ie 19% of the market.
and the rest between them have the final 6% of the market.
The BT figures includes Plusnet's 0.75 odd million.
abstruse21
Grafter

Fireant.. I see where you are coming from with not having to be at home for them to do your install.. That is a much better option when dealing with BTOR.
Seems like good news on your charges too! Hope it works out for you!
Fireant
Grafter

trying to charge me £30 cessation charge I said aint happy with that  so they have cancelled that but have to use mac code before expiry so basically want rid asap  if I ask for another mac code then the charge will apply . I haven't even decided what to do for the best
abstruse21
Grafter

I waited it out. I figured I had made my choice.
Ok, it has been a huge saga and there's been a few tantrums along the way.. but I finally feel I am getting the level of service I should have got from the start and people are genuinely trying to help.
It's a case of looking in the right place. I think if you stick with where you are now and rely on the people here (this forum particularly) you may achieve the outcome you want - if somewhat delayed. Looking at the forums in general 'most' people seem pretty satisfied once things are up and running. Its these initial teething issues that cause the concern and an initial feeling from the call center delays (not to mention BTOR's lack of care) that get peoples backs up.
You could move and find similar issues so personal choice is what will make your decision. Stay and hope the people dealing with you now are up to the task and really want to help you or move and hope you get something better. With all the risks that brings with it.
I found a lot of support just from other users here - and have met some interesting new people from the social aspect of coming here. Doesn't help my situation from a getting my service up and running but at least people have pushed and agreed and asked questions for me that I may not have thought of.
You have a little time to decide what to do yet but I do feel once you get past the install issue you may find the experience a lot more relaxed. And this from a guy who has waited around 75 days to get up and running! With a hormonal pregnant wife in one ear throughout the whole process!  Grin
Fireant
Grafter

well looks like sky is getting past by the sounds of it I don't think them know what the hell they are doing either im just so fed up with internet providers at the minute feel like cancelling the whole shebang and do without the phone and bloody fibre . may  try  with  no brain talktalk  and see if one of them openreach twits visit again that be the third bloody appointment I don't know why I should give them another chance .
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fireant, if you decide not to cancel and wish to upgrade to Fibre then a new order will need to be placed once you go through the upgrade process.
I completely understand how you're feeling. If you do decide you want to proceed then do let us know and we can monitor this for you.
Fireant
Grafter

hi linn so if I want to put another order in I want a discount for the hassel ive had and basically given them another try which if I do have another appointment then they don't turn up then that will be the final straw and ill just cancel the whole lot and have no services because I cannot be assed any more with the hassel .
ive sent a message on fb in reguards to my option of basically my terms if not then I wont bother .
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The best team to speak to are our Customer Options (cancellations) team and they can be contacted on 0845 140 6002 and 0330 123 9197 regarding a deal if you decided to go ahead with upgrading to Fibre. They'll be able to see what's happened on your account regarding the initial attempt to upgrade. 
Hopefully they can offer you a deal and get another order placed for you.
Fireant
Grafter

is them numbers free to call or are they chargeable what you supplied thanks