cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Openreach

Fireant
Grafter

Re: BT Openreach

i think sounds to me that the what speed you can get  doesnt add up i cant understand they tell you ya can get 34mb and he gets a call back on his tablet 27mb so really getting ripped off im not exactly overwhelmed with fibre its no diffrent to adsl
so openreach dont know what they talking about but i think the speed malarky what your line can handle is bull and if the fault was there why hasnt he traced it before he left my premises .
AndyH
Grafter

What is your speed range estimate?
Fireant
Grafter

@AndyH  well was quoted 34mb im seeing at the minute 24mb if the Openreach engineer says 27mb  i mentioned to him and said well thats not 34mb he come saying you wouldnt get that i thort well it doesnt add up to what you should get so really missold a product that you joined up for  Angry
AndyH
Grafter

What does it say if you put your number in here http://dslchecker.bt.com ?
Fireant
Grafter

FTTC RANGE  A  (  CLEAN  )  HI    41    LOW      32.3       
FTTC RANGE  B  (  IMPACTED )  HI    35.2        LOW    19.3 
chrcoluk
Grafter

Fireant, the starting sync speed isnt affected by the isp, basically the engineer gave you an excuse for the underperforming line as he didnt want to try and improve it.
AndyH
Grafter

The fact that you're in the lower end of the impacted range, indicates that you may have wiring issues somewhere.
I think Plusnet should raise this as a fault with BT Wholesale, because you are getting 10Mbps lower than your estimates.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Andy,
Is thiis guy still with PN any more? Reading the history he appeared that he was not happy with his speed, did not want to wait for PN to work through a solution with BTOR and has taken his bat and ball to another provider. Surprise, surprise he has exactly the same problem, as he was warned he would.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Oh...that I didn't realise - thanks for pointing that out.
Then I think the OP might struggle to get this one fixed if he's with one of the big ISPs.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As the OP has left Plusnet this thread is no longer relevant in Feedback so is locked