cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the difference between PlusNet and a 'Marathon' bar?

Answer: PlusNet isn't going to change its name. It will, however, change the way it looks next month. In a few weeks we'll be making some bold changes to the way the PlusNet website looks. It's not just the layout of the website: after 8 years of faithful service the current PlusNet logo is being retired. In its place, we'll be launching a new website and with it a new logo. Why? Over the last year PlusNet has been strengthened, invested in and awarded as the best overall broadband provider in the UK. To build on this, we decided it's a good time to refresh the website. The new look site will bring our products, the member centre and our beloved Community site together better than before. What's this mean to you as a customer? The PlusNet you know and love will be refreshed with... well, a new Plusnet we hope you'll love even more. Want to know what it looks like? If you're a member of the PlusNet usergroup you may have already seen it. If not, you'll have to wait until we update our site at the start of next month :¬) For now, let me leave you with a reassurance - the service we offer and our approach to broadband won't be changing. This is a shiny new outfit for the PlusNet you're happy with, and we can't wait to show it off. Phil Sheard, Emarketing manager @ PlusNet I'm on Twitter too - philsheard

0 Thanks
18 Comments
18 Comments
sol_sun_ftm
Dabbler
I like Marathons
Peter_Besley_at
Not applicable
Thanks for your email and news of the new website. There is just ONE thing I'd ask for. Please could you make simple, quick and easy to get where we have to to send an email to ask a question. I know you don't want us to use the telephone, but please please please can it be easy to send an email. just have contact us / sales or technical and let us ask the question. put it on the top R H S . Thanks you so much. Peter Besley Administrator.
james_pask
Hooked
Please don't make it look like the community portal! Here's hoping that PlusNet can deliver a slick site :) PS - the current site is more than adequate so don't go changing it too much Smiley
Simon_Richardso
Not applicable
Agree with Peter Besley, I don't use the site much, usually only to get service reports, but serching to ask a question is a minefield if you don't ask many!
Owen1
Not applicable
I eagerly await an easy to use & aesthetically pleasing webmail service.
phil
Grafter
re: sol_sun_ftm LOL Smiley me too re: Peter - I'll flag your comment to P-j and the team that looks after Contact Us messaging system. Thanks for taking time to post up re: James - it won't look like the community site does currently. More to come soon...
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
"If it ain't broken then it don't have enough features yet" Maybe a little less eye candy and a bit more content? The few times I've tried to find an answer I've ended up phoning/emailing Btw props to your fantastic Customer Service guys who manage to be online when I am, like at 05:30 on a Sunday.
jberry
Grafter
@Owen - Webmail is not covered under the brand refresh, as it is more involved than just a design change. The future of webmail is something that is being discussed internally however.
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
Oh dear, I see my last comment is held 'awaiting moderation'. Tells us what you really think of your customers. /me very disappointed. I don't realise you were that anti-free speech.
Kelly
Hero
All user comments go into moderation at first until they've had a couple of approved comments. This is simply so that we can catch spam comments. Smiley
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
@kelly dorset Ahhh right, so its not a permanent censorship of comments?
grumpy_ol_git
Not applicable
I see it isn't. [/Free Speech Rant]
Ianwild
Grafter
On the email point, I have to say I agree wholeheartedly - Customers should be able to contact us by email if they want to, and I would love to find a way to make that work properly. The problem is that is easily said, but much less easily done. We took the decision to remove email support originally (over 5 years ago) following a spate of incidents where one customer had posed as another and caused us no end of pain. Email inherently has no authentication, so we don't know whether we are really talking to an account holder or an imposter, which is one reason why support tickets are preferable. For some things that doesn't matter so much, but if we are dealing with individual customer account enquiries, it does. Another problem with taking email questions would be that with the amount of spam a public email address like support@plus.net attracts, heavy spam checking would be inevitably and means some genuine email would almost certainly get lost. We couldn't guarantee having received a customers question, and when it happens it is never a good experience. That never happens with a ticket system... Still - It's food for thought, and I'm sure there are ways round these issues (suggestions welcome!) so thanks for that. Ian
Steve25
Not applicable
I dont mind about e-mail but I get v frustrated at the no of screens I have to go through to get to open a new ticket, even though thankfully its not very often. If I want support I want support not an endurance test.
Ianwild
Grafter
Yeah - I think that's fair feedback too. Pete was planning to simplify things with the ticket system - I will ask him what happened to that one. Sometimes the paths are useful if they help us route your ticket to the right department (Network tickets direct to networks etc), but in many cases I wouldn't blame you for clicking the "I can't find what I'm looking for" link on the right hand side of the help assistant pages - That takes you directly to a screen you can raise a ticket on. Ian
owlguard
Grafter
Simple rule of thum,make it easier to get where you want to be and back again if you choose. ray.
petejackson
Grafter
Owlguard: that's still the plan. The roadmap for online support I posted at the start of the year still holds true, though clearly we've not made as much progress on many of the items as I'd've liked - for a number of reasons, and one very big reason. We've limited resource but putting in place a simplified help wizard (to stop the 'going round in circles') is still right up there on the objectives. With regards the 'support by email' question; Ian, it was a lot longer than 5 years ago since we stopped taking support by email and moved to a web-based ticket system. The accountability and audit trail brought about by our workplace was leagues better than using email - of course nowadays many companies use similar support systems. Despite the clunkiness of Help Assistant as it is now, Contact Us as it was then, we removed cases of 'missing' support emails or emails that 'someone was meant to be dealing with but he's on holiday for two weeks' that we used to have when I first started here at Force9 Internet as it was then. Development of a system that would allow emails sent by a customer to be taken into Workplace as a ticket, processed as a ticket by our support agents and then emailed back out again is certainly possible but clearly is a major piece of development work. Right now I'm looking at making the applications we have work better and smarter rather than a rewrite of the support platform.
phil
Grafter
Great to hear your comments so far everyone :) I've found it really useful to see the comments about the functionality of the site (webmail, contact us, etc). The website update I posted about will be a huge cosmetic change but it won't fundamentally alter the member centre and account tools. The changes will help current and new customers to find these features better to begin with, and they'll give the site a better look. Next on the list will be to post an update on the My Account roadmap (that Pete mentioned above).