cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samson gets frisky with the Plusnet Breakdancing Crew

This morning saw the latest instalment of our acclaimed TV ads go live, with Plusnet ambassador Joe introducing the Plusnet Breakdancing Crew.

The new ad, filmed in Bradford, sees the Breakdancing Crew strutting their stuff to another Plusnet Band reworking. This time it's DJ Kool's 'Let Me Clear My Throat' ... The ad has been launched to promote our brand new £50 cashback offer that will run until the 27th July and is available to all new customers taking a broadband and phone package. If you’re already a customer, and know somebody who we could do proud, then don’t forget your can save a few pennies yourself too by recommending Plusnet to a friend. The 1996 hip-hop track featured in the advert borrows heavily from earlier influencers - including songs by R&B/Funk singers Kool & The Gang, Marva Whitney and the 1987 breakbeat track 'The 900 Number' by The 45 King. Check out the original below and then compare it to the songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's that came before it:

Dj Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat

Marva Whitney - Unwind Yourself

Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swingin'

The 45 King - The 900 Number

We think this guy could learn a thing or two from Joe's dad, what do you reckon? Cheesy

0 Thanks
13 Comments
13 Comments
Timalay1
Not applicable
Perhaps you could get Samson a female friend. 😉 😉
Daithi
Not applicable
Love it. Any chance of a download of the full track ? I'd love to play it out when djing.
Oscar
Not applicable
Sounds very much like 'Party on Fifth Ave' by Mac Miller.
Chels
Not applicable
Your adverts are so misleading, when i'm sat at home with a 24kb download rate. You are not doing me proud, can not wait for my 12 month contract to be up so I can be rid of you and you terrible internet!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that Chels, if you've a recent support ticket reference you can provide us with then I'm sure one of us can take a look and see if there's anything we can do to help?
Chels
Not applicable
What? Like when I have phoned you up repeatedly in the past, asking for you help, and you blamed in on the terrible router you supplied me with? So i went out and brought a top of the range one (powerful enough to support a business) which cost £125,and still didn't make your internet better. I would get better internet from a potato, your internet is so bad it took me about 2 mins to load your own webpage, just so I could right hate mail to you! Oh well 2 months left before I can leave you. Thank you for one thing tho... teaching me to never buy internet of anyone but Virgin or Sky ever again! tyty
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Well the offer still stands if you can provide me with that reference number? I'm confident that I can help sort out any problems you might have, but you need to help me help you before I can! Wink
Chels
Not applicable
You have all tried everything and then blamed in on my laptop, all 3 of my different laptops -.-' Just face it. Your ripping me off Smiley I'm over it, jsut hope i can tell enough people to avoid you (:
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Well without being able to look at your situation in any detail I can't really comment further Chels. Wouldn't have thought you'd anything to lose if you're still in contract? Let me know if you change your mind.
Chels
Not applicable
An other valuable hour of my life, plus just listening to you makes me annoyed.
jelv1
Not applicable
Give up Bob! His failure to give you any clue to find and look at his account suggests he's just a troll!
wyn_ball
Not applicable
is the brake dancing filmed on the top deck of John street car park?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@wyn, I believe it might have been. It was definitely filmed in Bradford as per the info in the article.