cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing you proud...

Doing you proud...

Doing you proud...

Plusnet Plusnet has today secured its sixth, consecutive Which? recommendation for broadband Which? is the largest independent consumer body in the country and has given Plusnet broadband a five star rating for value for money, accuracy and clarity of bills, and a four star rating in all other judging categories including: connection speed; ease of set up; ease to contact to the service provider; overall customer service experience; reliability of the connection and technical support. To become a “Which? Recommended Provider” a product must receive an overall score of at least 70% in the Which? consumer survey and get an average or above ratings for all other aspects of service.  Plusnet broadband gained an overall score of 73%. Andy Baker, Plusnet CEO said,

“To get this recommendation for the sixth consecutive time running, based on genuine customer feedback, is testament to the improvements we have been making and the ongoing value for money products we offer.”

However, Andy was keen to make reference to some recent service challenges...

“For any of you that have tried to call and speak to a member of our customer service team in recent months, you may have been subject to a long waiting time.  We are truly sorry for this but would like to reassure customers these delays are being rectified and we have taken extensive steps to return to the high levels of customer service they expect.

These steps include a number of changes at Plusnet. In November, we opened a second site in Leeds. This is a dedicated service centre and we are continuing to recruit new staff to permanent roles on a weekly basis.  Of the recent new additions to our team, we are also proud to confirm that 30 of these new recruits have joined on an Apprenticeship scheme. Choosing to locate in Leeds not only strengthens our workforce and cements our Yorkshire roots but also illustrates our commitment to providing 24/7, UK-based customer service on an on-going basis. The broadband needs and queries of our customers continue to change and we are currently multi-skilling a significant number of our service team to increase their technical knowledge. This will give them the increased ability to resolve customer queries at first contact.  The signs from this training are encouraging; we’ve seen 20% reduction in repeat calls already. We’ve also further invested in our telephony systems and are simplifying processes to ensure customers get resolution as quickly as possible. ”  

0 Thanks
119 Comments
119 Comments
dellunn
Not applicable
EXISTING CUSTOMER of 4 Years - NEVER BUY BROADBAND SERVICES FROM PLUSNET, Absolutely Woeful WHICH Magazine Ha Ha !! I have been on PlusNet customer for 4 years without much issue until now. Then I decided to upgrade to fibre - quite simply the worst customer service fiasco I have ever encountered. It goes something like this: 1. Order placed on or around 15th March 2. New PlusNet Telephone line installed on 27th march ..so far so good 3. Engineer turned up on 10th April to cut over to Fibre, had to leave as PlusNet forgot to send out router (plus net Apologies) - I have taken a day of work for installation :-( 4. PlusNet send out router say they will contact me as they will need to rebook another date for the engineer to attend site with around a 10 day lead time (10 Days even though it is their fault !!!) 5. I hear nothing for 2 weeks so call PlusNet, oh they say we have forgotten to notify you the engineer is booked for the 28th April (apologies again from PlusNet) 6. So another day of Work for me for the engineer to attend to install router and setup fibre booked fro 28th April 7. Engineer just does not turn up on the 28th, phone PlusNet, they say BT contactor cancelled but they forgot to tell me , another wasted day of work (more Apologies from PlusNet) 8. Order has to be rebooked again PlusNet say they will expedite this time, Rebooked for the 8th may 9. 8th May (another day of work) Engineer turns up this time, and installs the fibre router etc. and leaves - we think great we have high speed fibre broadband 10. Run a speed after the engineer leaves on the 8th May, it says running at 3500 kbps - just as slow as my previous non fibre connection 11. log a call on the 8th, and get a call saying ill get a response in 48hours 12. Its the 10th today and I still have a 3500 kbps connection, no response from PlusNet 48 hours later as promised So two months after placing my order still no high speed fibre broadband
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Lora, I'm very sorry to hear of the delays you've encountered and that these have meant that you are now considering cancelling. If you would like me to look into this then please feel free to PM me on the Forums.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi dellunn, Really sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced whilst upgrading to Fibre. I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you if you could PM me your details through our Forums?
roger6
Browser
I have been with Plusnet for several years and always found their support to be very good. My biggest problem was when I upgraded to fttc as BT Openreach were clueless. Engineer turned up on appointed day to find that the details he had been given for the BT cabinet were wrong, finally setup successfully 3 weeks later. Plusnet were very helpful but they suffer the vagaries of Openreach like every other ISP. Currently get 21Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. Over the years I have had a couple of routers which arrived promptly.
Dx7
Rising Star
Well I have a computer services business and deal with broadband faults every week. Plusnet are simply the best low cost provider I have dealt with and I have referred well over 250 of my customers to them. The feedback I receive from my customers is also in agreement with this statement. The problem is that with a product that is this low cost, is it not possible to be perfect all of the time. The quality of the support including the superbe plusnet website Members Centre is streets ahead of Talktalk, BT, orange etc.. So I am not surprised the Which award - well done. John
elaine
Not applicable
i've just been reading through some of the comments and noticed that ian handley, posted on 26th march 2014, that when is renewal was due, plusnet called him and offered him 6 months half price, even though he had no intention of leaving. i was never offered this and this month my monthly bill has gone up. i was asked in march if i wanted to pay line rental saver, which i did. if i hadn't paid this upfront, would i have received a call offering me the 6 months half price? i feel cheated and it frustrates me that existing customers can't take advantages of the great deals plusnet offers. is there anything you can do for me. thanks elaine
Billy2
Not applicable
Its quite easy for people to leave a comment or write a BAD review, However when things go right and smooth as can be people are quite happy to do nothing as this is expected to be the "norm".. I have been with plusnet for 14 months, I have had problems and I have had them sorted by a friendly bunch of people on the end of the phone...bear in mind these people are doing a job if you speak to them like a p.o.s your not going to have the best customer service experience. Good work plusnet. No issues here. keep it up !!
Ali_Beg
Not applicable
Plusnet has ruined 3 weeks of my time and cancelled two appointments, refused to bring forward a third and still no internet... rubbish service
Geoffrey
Not applicable
I am surprised to see the volume of complaints on this site. I have been with Plusnet for a few years and found that it works for me. Somtimes, there is a small slowdown in speed, but not enough to be a problem for me. When I have required help, I received it. Staff were patient and helpful, especially recently when I needed a new router and also also to set up my tablet computer to receive emails. No complaints so far!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Roger, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced a delay getting the FTTC service installed, glad that's been sorted for you now. Thank you for taking the time to post!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
John, Thank you for the positive feedback.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Elaine, To discuss any deals that may be available to you please contact our Customer Options team - 0800 4320 200/0345 1400 200. They are open Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:00 Saturdays 09:00 - 17:30.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Billy, Thanks for taking the time to post and for the positive feedback!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Ali Beg, I'm sorry to hear this. If there's something we can help with please get in touch on our Community Forums, Twitter or Facebook page and we'll do all we can to help.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Geoffrey, Thanks for the positive feedback! Glad to hear you're enjoying the service. If your speeds slow down and they become a problem don't hesitate to raise this with our Faults team here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/
Andym4
How does 72 hours before they even escalate a disconnection to BT constitute good customer service? Then a target of 7 working (ie 9 days) to repair is just a joke. Especially when they are missing this target. As the average time is over 7 working days how long must some people be waiting. Who exactly are they'Doing Proud' certainly not customers who are unfortunate enough to suffer a fault.
Ted2
Not applicable
We are intermittently unable to pick up mail in iOS devices receiving such error messages as , the mail server is not responding, or the connection to the outgoing server failed. Sending mail to support@plus.net returns a message that you don't pick up mail and advises us to call. When we do you haven't got enough people to answer calls. I have to comment here that your service is not what it was when we signed up and not what it is advertised to be. We now remain with severe email problems and you offer no obtainable support. Why?
LYW
Not applicable
Plusnet..........what a terrable company they treat u bad, they have no customer service. Wished I had never been talked into signing up with them. Cannot wait for my contract to be finished so as I can sign up with a decent company.
carmen
Browser
i've been with plusnet for some time now never a problem speed is always about 1.8-1.9 which is reasonable for my 2mb package. today was the first time i had a problem due to transfering to fibreoptic and opting for a new package engineer was confirmed new router at the ready and no one showed up. After a quick call to c.s it was brought to light that the system hadnt booked the appointment yet had processed everything else. c.s lady said that she would re-book an appointment. my partner came home and not sattisfied with what had been said re-contacted c.s and got through to ollie page after 5mins on the phone ollie couldnt figure it out and was very apoligetic and gave a discount and couldnt of been more helpful he got the appointment checked and will check again in the morning to make sure it has gone through. partner is sattisfied and hopefully all will go well. all of you who moan about plusnet should stop and think is it them that are causing your problems or is it the fact that plusnet relies on the likes of b.t and openreach to do the work on there behalf as they are the line owners. ive been with talk talk what a load of cr*p b.t ok speeds but there c.s is sh*te and they will sell on your details. tiscali was great whilst it lasted till talk talk ruined it! sky over priced sh*te service plusnet is as good as theycome and have always done us proud and stuck to there word and the best bit is the ENGLISH c.s whats the point in asking for help if you cant understand what there saying! PLUSNET AND UKIP BOTH GOT MY VOTE!! keep up the good work!!