cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing you proud...

Doing you proud...

Doing you proud...

Plusnet Plusnet has today secured its sixth, consecutive Which? recommendation for broadband Which? is the largest independent consumer body in the country and has given Plusnet broadband a five star rating for value for money, accuracy and clarity of bills, and a four star rating in all other judging categories including: connection speed; ease of set up; ease to contact to the service provider; overall customer service experience; reliability of the connection and technical support. To become a “Which? Recommended Provider” a product must receive an overall score of at least 70% in the Which? consumer survey and get an average or above ratings for all other aspects of service.  Plusnet broadband gained an overall score of 73%. Andy Baker, Plusnet CEO said,

“To get this recommendation for the sixth consecutive time running, based on genuine customer feedback, is testament to the improvements we have been making and the ongoing value for money products we offer.”

However, Andy was keen to make reference to some recent service challenges...

“For any of you that have tried to call and speak to a member of our customer service team in recent months, you may have been subject to a long waiting time.  We are truly sorry for this but would like to reassure customers these delays are being rectified and we have taken extensive steps to return to the high levels of customer service they expect.

These steps include a number of changes at Plusnet. In November, we opened a second site in Leeds. This is a dedicated service centre and we are continuing to recruit new staff to permanent roles on a weekly basis.  Of the recent new additions to our team, we are also proud to confirm that 30 of these new recruits have joined on an Apprenticeship scheme. Choosing to locate in Leeds not only strengthens our workforce and cements our Yorkshire roots but also illustrates our commitment to providing 24/7, UK-based customer service on an on-going basis. The broadband needs and queries of our customers continue to change and we are currently multi-skilling a significant number of our service team to increase their technical knowledge. This will give them the increased ability to resolve customer queries at first contact.  The signs from this training are encouraging; we’ve seen 20% reduction in repeat calls already. We’ve also further invested in our telephony systems and are simplifying processes to ensure customers get resolution as quickly as possible. ”  

0 Thanks
119 Comments
119 Comments
A_Smith
Not applicable
I cannot believe this company is winning awards for customer service. I fell for this marketing scam and joined due to the poor customer service from Talktalk and was told my service was up and running from 18th March only to find that after waiting for half an hour to speak to support they had not processed my switch over and there was a fault. I have contacted them via email, online and by phone only to be told someone will look into it and to allow 72 hours. Seriously 3 days to look into a fault and half an hour to speak to someone on the phone...How is this good customer service? Still not service and they tell me I am contracted with them for a year. My advice would be forget Plusnet and join Sky or BT both of which I were able to switchover without any issues.
A__Letts
Not applicable
Terrible customer service, huge delays to speak with someone, they left me on a really old tariff so I was paying more and my phone has been off for 6 weeks. Raised this with them again 2 days ago but still no reply. Im switching to BT as soon as I get a mac code.
Shahid_Khan
Not applicable
I can't believe this company is winning awards. I have noted painfully slow broadband speeds since joining. Can't wait to leave them
Kay_Evans
Hooked
It seems though as Plusnet is the only company in the UK at which they refuse point blank to change a Direct Debit date. I can change it at Sky, Virgin, BT etc etc. But not here!! So every month I get debited 4 days before I am paid - DOES NOT DO ME PROUD AT ALL!!!
Robert_Clelland
Not applicable
This company provides the worst service ever they wont do you proud they will rip you off and they are owned by BT If you are able to talk to them on the phone after a long wait they dont listen to you avoid they
glloyd
Rising Star
It does make you wonder how PlusNet are getting such awards lately with all the complaints about not being able to get through to C/S.
Liz_jones
Not applicable
I have just joined PlusNet and have no complaints so far. Everyone on the phone has been polite and most helpful trying to get me on line as fast as possible after changing over from Talk Talk.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
@A Smith. Hi and sorry to hear there's been an issue at such an early stage. Please feel free to send me a private message with your username so I can look into that and make sure we're doing all we can for you. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
@A. Letts. Hi there, Sorry to hear about this. just to make you aware we don't change anyone's tariff, however if you're opted into our marketing emails you should see when we have new products available which might suit you better. I can see we have replied to ticket 82950097 but feel free to drop me a private message over on the forum section of the site if you need any help with this. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
@Shahid Khan. Hi, sorry to hear that. Have you raised a fault with us? that can be done at http://faults.plus.net in case you're unaware. Feel free to drop me a private message with your username so I can make sure we're doing all we can to help you with this. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi Kay, I'm sorry we're unable to do this. This is something we certainly would do if we were able. We do realise that the lack of ability to change direct debit dates is inflexible so we hope to be able to offer this in the future. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
@Robert Hi, Sorry to hear about this. It looks like you may have left us now but please do send me a private message if there's anything you still need our help with. Adam
Lidia
Not applicable
I've been with Plusnet for several years now and today is the first time I have become frustrated with the customer service. I simply need to rearrange an engineer appointment but have texted and raised a question through the website but no response. Finally endured calling despite being warned it would be a 15 minutes wait. I don't expect to have to wait that long and if you want to reduce call volumes then you could have picked up my two communications before I made the call. I think this needs sorting urgently or the hard won reputation of Plusnet could be lost in a very short space of time. Thanks Lidia
adelewarren
Not applicable
good internet connection but rubbishy customer service
shantijoe
Dabbler
As a member of Which?, the consumer magazine, my saga of trying to get a phone line installed with Plus Net since January will bear weight. Plus Net blame Open Reach and Open Reach blame Plus Net. I have had advice from Ofcom and my local council (who are also implicated in the delay)but without a landline phone (local mobile service is very poor)this has been a huge challenge.
lowrie
Not applicable
sorry i bothered with this shambles of a provider. should change your slogan to, "we'll do you pockets"! always 15 - 30 mins wait time for customer support, 2 weeks on average to get faults fixed, slow to refund any over charges and only after many times asking. dont fall for it, ads are good, service totally crap!!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Lidia, I'm very sorry for the long wait time you experienced. You can view our live call stats here: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats We are working on improving the wait times as they are still not where we would like them to be. We are hiring more staff in the new call centre in Leeds and we are confident that we should see a decrease in the wait times over the next couple months. Did you manage to get through to us in the end to re-arrange your engineers appointment?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Adele, I'm sorry to hear this. Is there anything that I can help with? If so, feel free to send me a private message. Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
shantijoe, I'm sorry for the delay in your phone line being installed. I have responded to your thread in our Forums and our Provisioning team are monitoring your account. Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi lowrie, I'm sorry to hear this. We are working on lowering the call wait times, however, I do apologise if you were kept waiting that long. We agree that the wait times are not where we would like them to be and we are working on improving them by hiring more staff in the new contact centre in Leeds. You can see what the wait times are like here: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats I'm sorry to hear it took 2 weeks to resolve your fault. We do aim to resolve faults as quickly as possible, however, some may be more complex than others. Has the fault been resolved for you now? If it hasn't and you would like for me to take a look then feel free to send me a private message. Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Liz Jones, Thank you for the positive feedback. I hope we can continue to provide you with the customer service you've experienced so far! Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi glloyd, We are aware of the wait times being longer than our customers and we would like. We are working on improving them by hiring more staff in our contact centre in Leeds and we also provide our live call stats available on our page here: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats Were you trying to get through to us about something specific? If there's anything we can help with feel free to send me a private message. Linn
Ian_Handley
Not applicable
I subscribe to, and have read the Which report, and I must say - I have always received excellent customer service from Plusnet as and when it has been required, mostly at 'setup' over a year ago and with one or two there things throughout the year - I always get through without bother and obtain satisfactory responses. My broadband speed is governed by my rural location and I get what I was promised. When my contract came up for renewal in February I received a courtesy call and unexpectedly was offered a further 6 months at half-price - even though I hadn't planned to leave! I find the Invoicing / charging both clear and concise. I might add that I received similar service from my previous provider (MacAce), probably more personal but then their service comes at a price premium - the only reason i Left them. I now look forward to being offered the Plusnet Youview service! Thanks, Ian
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Ian, Thank you for the positive feedback! I'm glad to hear the service you've received is worth you taking the time to let us know! We'll be releasing further information regarding YouView as soon as we have further information. For now you can find any information that we currently have here: http://community.plus.net/?s=youview&x=0&y=0 Linn
fiona1
Not applicable
... currently on hold whilst i type this (10pm so not peak time)... considering moving from bt after over 10 yrs with them {price increaes), am broadband customer already with you - but found this forum + aghast at comments, now been on hold for 40 mins )recorded msg said 30mins) - so waiting in queue has given me time to see comments re waiting times of others. my query cannot be answered online or i;d not call. at least BT i got to speak to someone in about 10mins max + that was peak daytime. You have GOT to sort this out or you will lose customers, reputation, + not gain new ones - like me. REALLY DISAPPOINTED. thought you were better than this. last time i was on hold was for 30mins + i purposely rang at 12midnight to try to be less in queue. staff v helpful + patient but wait is ridiculous. NOW been on hold from 9.25pm, + now it is 10.20pm! also no idea where iam in queue. STAYING RELUCTANTLY WITH BT, I cannot spare 40mins to ?? on hold. what a shame + sadly a sham too. your staff are being let down by not enough of them. i will obviously be telling others. time now: 10.21pm ... still on hold, hanging up. thanks not for wasting my time. BT costs more but ithis waiting is too much. i am also nervous now moving given others' experiences mentioned above. time now: 22:25pm. AN HOUR.
fiona1
Not applicable
i don't even WANT to stay with BT, but cannot get thru to you to help me potentially move to you; to be a phone customer too. yes you acknowledge you having problems but that doesnt help me. fed up with listening to Pulp, robert parker, human league - none of these help me switch to you. I had really hoped to move from BT who are charging more but my query is imposs to do on your website + FAQ are of no help to my specific situation. what has plusnet won its awards for? staying very reluctantly with BT for next 12mths cos i cannot get thru to you. i also read you are OWNED by BT? 22:32 signing off + giving up.
Liz_jones
Not applicable
Hi, just wanted to thank Plusnet for their rapid response to my problem. As a new customer I had a problem with my phone line which was having a knock on effect with the broadband. I spoke to customer services and they arranged an engineer to call. He came within three days and located and repaired the fault. I am now a happy bunny with a decent phone line and good internet service. Cheers and a pat on the back Plusnet .
A__Letts
Not applicable
2 months now and still no phone line. I asked for a mac code but I have just been ignored, however Im receiving messages that I need to pay, funny how you dont forget that but why should I pay for something that doesnt work????? I want a mac code so I can go somewhere with better customer service. I live in a rural area where my phone line is important. This is way beyond a joke, just give me my mac code and a working phone line. Worse than talk talk!
Stacy
Not applicable
I have just left plus net, and used the switching service offered by sky. I have now been charge £30 by plus net for not using a mac code even when out of contract
Kerstin
Not applicable
We are trying to join Plusnet after moving house. On March 4 the order to take the phone line over from BT was placed and confirmed. I can see that DD instructions have been set up for my current account on March 11, however more than 3 (!!!) weeks later still no activation date for either phone or broadband has been confirmed. I opened a support ticket 48 hours ago and the automated website confirmation said that the response time to the ticket would be around 34 hours. Complete silence. In the meantime we are forced to fork out lots of money for an internet connection using a mobile router with another provider and making calls on our mobiles. Can someone look into ticket 83336666 and confirm an activation date?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi fiona, I am really sorry for the wait time you experienced. For future reference you can monitor our live call stats here: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats If you wanted to move your phone over to Plusnet this isn't something you should necessarily need to speak to us to do. You can arrange this yourself on the member centre by adding phone. Feel free to send me a private message if you do have any questions that need answering before you decide to do this. Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Liz jones, Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I'm very glad to hear we managed to resolve your issue in a timely manner and that you are now enjoying the service. Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
A. Letts, I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving. If you require a MAC Code you will need to speak to our Customer Options team. They are open Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:00 Saturday 09:00 - 17:30 and they can be contacted on our Support numbers (0800 432 0200 / 0345 140 0200). Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Stacy, Our cessation charges are stipulated here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml If you moved over to SKY then the £30 cessation fee would be applicable as SKY operate on a different network to Plusnet if you do not use a MAC Code to migrate. You may no longer be in contract, however, if you signed up on contract this charge is still applicable. The cessation fee doesn't apply if you use a MAC Code to migrate away OR if you had Plusnet Essentials or Plusnet Unlimited and you never signed up for a contract (hence paid higher cost for your services). Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Kerstin, I am very sorry to hear that you've not heard back from us regarding your orders. I will take a look into this for you and provide further updates on your account. Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Ian, Thank you very much for taking the time to give us positive feedback! I'm glad to see that you're happy with our service. You can monitor any progress regarding the YouView trials here: http://community.plus.net/?s=YouView&x=0&y=0 Linn
Giles
Not applicable
"Average answer time today 6 minutes and 29 seconds" i have tried calling multiple times at varying times of day and night without success - as a matter of principal I give up after 15 minutes. I think there is only one person answering the phone. Still waiting for Broadband activation.
abstruse21
Grafter
Doing you proud? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,125416.0.html Read my forum post. If i post here too someone from plusnet might 'and I stress "might"' respond and actually do something.
abstruse21
Grafter
Your comment must be checked by a human to make sure it isn't spam. Nothing personal, we check all comments from users who are not logged in. It should be approved within 24 hours. Is this a joke too? I am logged in. It put my name next to the comment.. and above the text box reads.. 'logged in as'.. Typical plusnet
A__Letts
Not applicable
Oh very funny. How can i call you to get a mac code when you have not repaired my phone line? You do not need to speak with me at all. I want a mac code. This is beyond a joke. I am refusing to pay you a penny more till this is sorted.
Tim_Moy
Not applicable
As Liz Jones said, Plusnet have done everything they said they would. They changed me over from Talk Talk (an appalling service provider) and gave me a service where I can watch iplayer without watching that damned circle go round and round. They did exactly what they said on the tin, did me proud.
Anthony_Fennell
Not applicable
Well I am still waiting three weeks later , for my plus net router an keep getting fobbed off that it's on it's way , at this current moment would not recommend anybody to get this service , up to 30 minute queues waiting to speak to someone for them to not know what they are talking about !!
richardjw
It just shows how poor the competition is. "Fast, cheap, reliable Broadband"? Not for many of us stuck with a landline!
richardjw
The slogan "Doing you proud" has a double meaning - i certainly feel done!
Tara
Not applicable
I can't believe they're winning awards either - raised an issue Friday and still waiting for a response. SLOWER CONNECTIONS THAN DIAL UP in the 90s as soon as it gets past lunchtime. HOPELESS - I can't run my business when it takes 45 minutes to download a single order. Off to check out BT infinity or Sky..........
shantijoe
Dabbler
Linn my new installation date has arrived and I am waiting but having been unable to get a confirmation to my email 6 days ago I tried phoning. I now realise why there are so many complaints about phone waiting times. I can't afford these mobile charges to 0800 numbers when the queue times are so long- how can I get an update? How do I send you a private message? "Doing me proud"?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Giles, I'm sorry for the long wait times. I hope you managed to get through to us in the end. Feel free to private message me your username if you would like me to take a look for you.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
abstruse21, An update has been provided now and I have also commented on the Forum thread. I hope this is resolved for you soon.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Andy Letts, I'm sorry the fault with your phone line has not been resolved. Unfortunately you need to speak to our Customer Options team to get a MAC Code or send us a letter requesting this. You can call our Customer Options team from a mobile on number 0330 123 9197.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi Tim Moy, Thanks for taking the time to post some positive feedback! Glad to hear you're enjoying the service!