cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convenient and Quick Self-service

Help Assistant Did you know that our website is far more than just a place to buy broadband? We’d hope we can improve your online experience and maybe even make your life a little bit easier. Let’s have a quick look:  My Account From here you’ve got control over nearly every aspect of your broadband service, from your contact details, domain names, email settings and addresses all the way to looking after your referrals and changing your payment details. You can also see how much data you've downloaded in the View My Broadband Usage section and of course there are links to the Help & Support section of the website where you can search our Support Pages and Tutorials or, if you’re stuck, ask us a ‘Question’ in the Help Assistant.  We often refer to this as ‘raising a ticket’ and we use this instead of email for our online support. Help Assistant Use the Help Assistant when you have an issue or a query that doesn't need to be resolved instantly. The great thing about the ticket wizard is that when your ticket is raised, provided you have followed the correct path the ticket will be assigned to the correct department. This means that sometimes, rather than calling and having a ticket raised by one of our CSC agents and then having them pass it on for you, your problem can actually be fixed faster if you raise a ticket. All you need do once you're at the Help Assistant is to select the section which relates to your query. This will narrow down the options as you go through them and if at any point you cannot find a topic under which your subject may be found there’s always a link to raise a general support ticket on the right hand side of the page. When you start typing in a Question, you’ll notice suggestions for Support Pages that may be of help to you appearing at the bottom of the page. Support Pages If you have a problem or query it is always worth taking a look here first - there's a wealth of information, from how to configure your new router right through to how to use wireshark so you can get your online game defined in our traffic management systems to improve your connection (and for the gamers amongst you maybe get you a few extra frags) - and everything in between. Service Status If you have any issues with your service - email, broadband phone, or even the broadband service itself - then this should be your first stop. All service affecting issues are reported here. If your problem may be due to a known service issue we would recommend waiting for an update to this page (though of course you are welcome to raise a ticket or give us a call if you wish). You can also subscribe to the Service Status RSS feed at our Usertools website which will keep you informed. If you’re not sure what an RSS feed is you can find out here too. Usertools Our Usertools website also has an exchange checker, which allows you to see what the capacity is like at your local exchange as a possible cause of slow speeds (normally during the evening when most people are online). Forums If you have a question, a problem, a comment about the service or you just want to talk about that programme you watched last night then why not pop along to the forums? You'll be able to get help from people who've been through the same kind of problems as you - most of the time in just a few minutes. We have a staff presence on the forums as well so there will be someone there to pick up that errant support query if need be. Webmail If you want to send and receive your email when you’re out and about use Webmail.  Whether you’re on holiday in Spain or just at your local wifi enabled coffee shop, you'll be able to log in and check to see if you've won that ebay auction or reply to let your colleagues know that you will be at that Christmas party.

0 Thanks
4 Comments
4 Comments
thesign1
Not applicable
Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this, but an IRC channel somewhere for peer support and what-not might be nice, with a web front end or something for those who do not want to install an IRC client.
Be3G
Grafter
Such a thing actually already exists on the Usertools site (I'm a channel op on it), but very few people use it. Though I suspect that could be changed if it was advertised a little better...
LiamM
Grafter
Be* have a similar thing, run by their Usergroup. But they have a link to it from the Be* site. It's always quite busy... and Plusnet have a lot more customers.
Fiona3
Not applicable
if your so good why cant i get online tut i,m furious here i need to do my SHOPPING