Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net hub 2

Broadband
Dabbler

Plus net hub 2

Hell

Hello I have just resigned with plusnet ahd have been sent a smart hub 2, after setting it up and changing a few setting to match my old router all good. Connected ok with new improved speed and line stable so far, the problem is with the wifi. I have set it to 2.4ghz only and worked ok for 1st few hours and then intermittently switching itself on and off, I was logged into the router and and could see this happening. I phoned plusnet said will run tests and phone me back at an agreed time which they haven’t returned the call. I have done a hard reset and reset the settings that I wanted to change, has connected ok and so far the WiFi appears not to have switched itself off. Is this a common problem with this hub ? Or what else to look out for ? As you can’t update the firmware yourself which I think to be causing the problem how can you achieve this ? Current firmware is v0.10.00.04201-PN thanks for any replies 

44 REPLIES 44
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Plus net hub 2

@Broadband Welcome to the forums.

What was switching itself off - what changes did you observe in the Hubs lights at the time?

Your firmware is the current one - any updates will come automatically from Plusnet.

John
Broadband
Dabbler

Thanks for reply, I wasn’t looking at the lights at the times but looking at he time connected to broadband that as fine and hadn’t dropped connection, the problem was the WiFi signal from the router self switching on on off.  When logged into the router WiFi was showing as off then on and so on, was dropping on an I phone and an android phone. 

jab1
Legend

I doubt it was the Wi-Fi switching on and off to be honest - it just doesn't do that. As I have never used a Hub2, can I ask where the Wi-Fi signal was showing as dropping? I do have screen shots of some of the Hub management pages, and do know my way round it fairly well, but your description of its activity sounds 'odd'.

John
Broadband
Dabbler

I have reset it and hasn't done it again so far so good, in the hub 2 menu 1st shows broadband connectivity 2nd box shows wifi it said off then on again think grayed out when off. Sorry no screenshots, it does appears to struggle to save settings when you change the broadcast name on the wifi
ghamilton123
Rising Star

Could this possibly be the router adjusting channels and the signal drops then? 

jab1
Legend

You say 'sorry, no screenshots' - do you mean you don't have them or don't know how to post them?

John
ghamilton123
Rising Star

@Broadband can you check your routers channels on the routers dashboard and does it say Smart?

jab1
Legend

@ghamilton123 wrote:

Could this possibly be the router adjusting channels and the signal drops then? 

I would doubt that personally. So far as I am aware, hubs don't usually behave like that. Good thought though.

John
ghamilton123
Rising Star

@jab1 I've seen a few do it before, if he has SMART enabled, since its a new router it might just be adjusting channels after being installed 

jab1
Legend

OK, @ghamilton123 , I'll take your word for it, but I suspect it may not be the case. I'll wait until the OP defines exactly where they are seeing this behaviour.

John
Broadband
Dabbler

I think smart is enabled will check and change it see what happens thank you
Broadband
Dabbler

Smart was enabled I've changed it to channel 11 and will see what happens 👍
Broadband
Dabbler

After doing a hard reset wifi has been ok with good signal and no dropouts, line appears stable and has only dropped once in the 1st 24hrs. It has a 60mb down load and 10mb upload which I'm happy with. I've looked at the other stats for the line but don't really understand them, noise margin 6.3/7 line attenuation 101/20.2and signal attenuation 10.1/21.9
Can someone please inform me if these are acceptable many thanks
jab1
Legend

@Broadband Your SNR margin slightly high, which could indicate a residual problem. Is it possible to post a screenshot of your Hubs Technical Log and the page  displaying your margins etc?

John
Tags (1)