Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub2 — can I obtain one?

FIXED
Hrvpete
Hooked

New Hub2 — can I obtain one?

Good afternoon. I have had a hub 1 for several years and had a new one about 18 months ago as the original kept dropping out and losing connection. A tech guy from Plusnet altered settings to 5 ghz but this has significantly reduced range ( our home isn’t massive!). We didn’t have an issue with BT which had a later hub. Is it possible to get one of the new hubs?
thanks

41 REPLIES 41
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: New Hub2 — can I obtain one?

@Hrvpete 

If you still have the BT Hub you can use that.

Brian

Hrvpete
Hooked

Thanks for your response. Sadly I don’t have the BT hub. I wondered if it was possible to get a new one from Plusnet?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Hrvpete 

Next question would be is FTTC available to you? An upgrade would almost certainly trigger a HubTwo.

Brian

Hrvpete
Hooked

Thanks again Brian. I may have put this on the wrong thread : sorry. I do have fast fibre.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

I doubt if Hub Two's will be given out just because some asks for one, if I understand correctly they are issued to new customers or those who are renewing their contract.

Dan

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @Hrvpete

Rules are pretty strict when it comes to the Plusnet Hub Two's at the moment, in that we're only able to process them for customers who are upgrading from copper (ADSL) to Fibre, and for those new customers signing up on a Fibre contract.

There are plenty of third party routers that are compatible with our broadband that you might be able to purchase though, our forums are the best place to look for recommendations. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@adam945 - sorry to contradict but that isn't the case.
A Fibre customer recontracting can be offered a Hub Two in the majority of cases for the cost of P&P.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Sorry to be a pedant @bobpullen, but the information @adam945 shared is correct as of me just this minute reloading up the training we were given about the Hub Two launch. Our forum guys have logged off for the weekend and I didn't want to leave this post where we've clearly got different information.

If this has changed recently, great news for our customers - but we will need this information given to us before it's put into a public comment on this forum contradicting the information we've been given to use. As far as we're aware, direct from the training - you can get a Hub Two as a new Fibre customer, or when upgrading from ADSL to Fibre for the cost of the postage and packaging and no other situation.

Clarifying this ASAP seems to be in the best interests of us all - especially the people asking for a Hub Two.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I believe following the training we received comms to say that fibre customers can obtain a Hub Two by recontracting through our Customer Options Team. 

It’s surprisingly easy to miss an email though or not remember it, especially when we don’t personally handle sales & retentions on our department. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Indeed. I assume the confusion is from assuming an exclusion where there isn't one, based on some possibly ambiguous wording in the training (which I've seen BTW). We built new functionality to offer the hub in the internal recontracting journey. We wouldn't have done this if there was no intention to use it 😉

If there is widespread confusion then drop me a mail and we can address it 👍

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Hrvpete
Hooked

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I re-contracted with Plusnet towards end of Nov but was not offered a replacement hub ( I guess this is to save costs) . Any idea how to get a hub 2 …. Is it just a matter of ‘phoning customer service? Kind regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @Hrvpete 

As you've recently recontracted, we've ordered a Hub Two for you now you should receive soon Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hrvpete
Hooked

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help and support

kind regards 

Pete