Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Router keeps on restarting almost every day for no reason

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Hub One Router keeps on restarting almost every day for no reason

@bobpullen 

Both are Siemens - one is the Gigaset N300A IP and the other is the Gigaset C475IP. The latter sits on a shelf immediately behind the hub as it happens. Both have been in situ for a few years.

My need for two is no longer required so I may take one out of the system but I'll keep the setup for a bit longer now that the Firmware has been updated. I have also plugged the original cable back into the hub but I'm still using the test socket at the master socket.

Annie
Auric
Grafter

@bobpullen

Wouldn't a problem with Hub One’s SIP ALG likely cause a DMT expiry and be logged in the Boot log as a watchdog reset?

Looking at the OP’s paste of the boot log brings to mind a power supply issue.

@Annie

Just a thought. When you swapped the Hub One did you also exchange the power supply?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Auric I haven't suggested the issue is with the SIP ALG; only that an issue has been identified that seems to occur when there are VoIP devices on the network. Disabling the SIP ALG is one thing we can explore though.
Incidentally, there are Gigaset ATA's in the other cases I've seen.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Annie
Rising Star

@Auric

I did swap the power supply over when I set up the new Hub One. There was the occasional watchdog reset (I think the last time I saw this was with the previous router) but most of the time there's no mention of watchdog.

@bobpullen 

I just logged into the VOIP phone base stations and saw that the N300A IP needed a Firmware Update which I have carried out. It's possible the other one needs one too but I'll check in the morning as this line is more important and I need to be able to troubleshoot if necessary.

Annie
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Annie how are things going? I can't see any more evidence of a crash at our side, however please continue to keep an eye on things and let me know should there be another event.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Annie
Rising Star

Thanks @bobpullen

All seems good at the moment. I am still in the test socket but using the original telephone cable so that's good. I have just now removed one of the VOIP phone bases - I accidentally pressed one of the buttons on the router whilst was doing it in case you see that at your end and wonder.

Hopefully all will continue to hold up.

Annie
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Annie - thanks. Please continue to keep an eye on it and if you see  more of those restart events in the log then let me know. If it's being caused by the issue I think is responsible, then I have a software update I would like to test on your hub to see if it resolves the issue.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Annie
Rising Star

Thanks @bobpullen - I'll check in again in a day or two and let you know how I'm getting on.

Annie
Annie
Rising Star

@bobpullen - just reporting in that there have been no reboots of the hub since 17th May so hopefully the problem is solved. I have been using the original cable in the front faceplate for a few days now too.

My husband's PC (connected through wifi) disconnected a few days ago and I could only get it to work by rebooting his PC but apart from that, there have been no problems that I'm aware of.

Annie
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @Annie. I've a feeling the restored stability might be more to do with the removal of that VoIP ATA though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team