Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
jamesjoc1971
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Thanks Bob. I’ll reboot my router shortly and will report on any issues that may crop up.

Appreciate your help
supernoodles
Grafter

Is this still happening? 

If you look at the network map in the router settings - are you able to tell whether or not it affects 2.4GHz device, 5GHz devices, or both?

it appears to be 5GHz only its basically the exact same as the original issue but my device connects back fine if i open my wifi settings and "scan" for nearby wifi's.

its almost like its putting my wifi into some kind of standby and then forgetting to reconnect when i wake it up

Danny1976

Hi @bobpullen, thanks for the assistance. I've powered on/off twice since you sent the update but its still showing .263. Is there anything else I need to do or is it just a matter of time?

Munkyfaz

Thanks  - the update has taken , I've switched the 5 Ghz back on and all seems well so far . Will let you know if problem recurs.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Danny1976 wrote:

Hi @bobpullen, thanks for the assistance. I've powered on/off twice since you sent the update but its still showing .263. Is there anything else I need to do or is it just a matter of time?

Apologies. Try again now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Danny1976

Thanks @bobpullen, it’s there now - 273. I’ll rejoin the bands and let you know how it goes.
DaveCollier

And also from me, @bobpullen   I'll monitor also and see what happens.

Thanks for all your time in doing this!

Graham007
Hooked

I have this problem. If I shut down the Hub One and leave it a bit then powerup it clears it for a while. I have this issue on Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.

Have 5 devices attached and 3 are okay - all older devices. The two that have the drop out problem and asking for password/saying password is incorrect are a new Dell inspiration laptop and an new Apple iPad. Had been trying for days to resolve the issue and came accross your post. If I turn off the wireless 5GHz all devices connect. If I turn it back on the two new devices drop out. So staying with 5GHz turned off for the time being as so frustrating to keep getting drop out and unable to reconnect.

Before finding this post I contacted plusnet help dek and as my router is some 6 years old they are replacing the router - it is in the post, will be interesting to see if the problem continues with the new router. It's a strange issue let's hope the tech people can find it and resolve in an an update. I hope my new Firmwate will not be v263 or I think I will have the same issue.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Graham007 Presume if you follow what others have been doing to get the updated software you will be fine.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@bobpullen , can I request the update for my hub please?

It seems this is the issue I'm experiencing, I was pointed here after starting my own topic: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-Hub-5GHz-issues/td-p/1779536

I also get occasional authentication error which I didn't mention earlier.

Many thanks.

GraemeR

Thanks Bob - update is in and all looks good - both 2.4 and 5Ghz connections looking solid 

mc_2020

Hi @bobpullen I'm experiencing the same issue with the 5Ghz WIFI on my router. I have tried requesting the router upgrade by calling support but they didn't seem to be able to action the request, please could you action the upgrade for my router?

tasherratt

@bobpullen could I request that my .263 router is upgraded, I currently have to restart it every few days to get the wifi back to normal.

roblj
Hooked

Hi Bob

I could do with the the firmware update. Just had a 2nd router and it has the same issue.

Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?

Every day around 2-3 times. This is the second router. Phone support split the channels on the old router for me, it worked on the 2.4 perfectly fine, but I want the faster speed as it is standard these days.

Symptoms are devices will display "Connected, no internet" type messages and have to power cycle to get it to work again.

Pc which is wired is fine.

Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub? Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?

It is always blue.

Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?

They are currently merged. I don't want to split them again on this new router, I just want the problem fixed.

Once the problem occurs is it persistent? Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?

Yes it is persistent. Only power cycling will fix it.

Does not affect wired devices.

Seems to mainly affect mobile phones. Chromecast seem ok most of the time but they have gone down also. It seems random.

Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode]

No, it occurs randomly at different points of the day.

Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub? If so, how long does it take before problems recur?

Yes. It will recur usually with a few hours. Seems to happen 2-3 times a day.

If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.

Seems to happen across all wireless devices.

Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.

Wired
1 Windows PC

Wireless
1 android OnePlus 6 phone
1 android samsung galaxy phone
2 Google Chromecast
1 Google nest mini
1 Windows Lenovo laptop
bing

Hi @bobpullen 

We've just been connected today and am having issues with all my devices on the 5ghz network.  I've tried all the suggestions in this thread but seem to be experiencing the same connection issue.

Is it possible to get 273 pushed out to my router as well