Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Graham007
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi Bob,

Could you push the updated firmware down to me please. The help desk sent me a new router but it still runs on Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.  So having fixed up the new router after a few hours the drop outs started again for my newer devices.

Have turned off the 5GHz as a temporary work around. Hopefully the newer firmware will solve the problem.

Many thanks

Graham

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Graham007 Don't think bob comes on to the forum unless he is mentioned perhaps if you look at other posts on this subject you will see how requests have been made.

roblj
Hooked

Not sure if u needed to tag you Bob

@bobpullen
Graham007
Hooked

Thanks for the tip - have sent a private message to Bob. Not had cause to use the forum much so still learning.......

Graham007
Hooked

Hi Bob, @bobpullen I've been told I need to tag you so you get the message. Sorry not used to using this format.

Could you push the updated firmware down to me please. The help desk sent me a new router but it still runs on Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.  So having fixed up the new router after a few hours the drop outs started again for my newer devices.

Have turned off the 5GHz as a temporary work around. Hopefully the newer firmware will solve the problem.

Many thanks

Graham

Tags (1)
supernoodles
Grafter

@bobpullen Don't worry about the issue i reported with .289 it seem's to have stopped maybe my phone was just being weird or something Smiley

Whitman77uk

Hi @bobpullen 

I currently have the 5ghz disabled (connection issues like everyone else) and everything has been fine for a while.

I'm on the 263 firmware - is it worth/could you possibly push the new firmware our way?

Thanks

animal40

Hi @bobpullen, would I be able to get the updated firmware on my router as well please. I've not been able to get 5ghz working properly since I got it in April. Just now seeing this thread.

1. Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?
    Can't use the 5GHz wifi, can often connect but get no internet available issue.
  2. Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub?  Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?
    Yes, hub looks like it's running as normal
  3. Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?
    Yes I have split them and renamed the 5GHz one. Issue only affects it.
  4. Once the problem occurs is it persistent?  Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?
    Yeah, it does not ever go back to working unless router is reset, then it is only very temporary. I don't think it is affecting the wired connected devices.
  5. Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode]
    My phone is what I use most often to check and adjust the router settings. Reliably does not work.
  6. Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub?  If so, how long does it take before problems recur?
    Not sure on this. Not had a chance to do this multiple times recently as there are a few users of the internet.
  7. If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.
    Any that are connected to the router on the 5GHz, samsung S20, apple iPad, huawei P20 pro, amazon alexa show 8,.
  8. Have the devices experiencing problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred?
    No
  9. Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.
  10. Hub is connected to phone socket. Don't have any home phones connected.
  11. Powerline adapter to connect the upstairs PC. Other Wired devices - fire tv, sky q. Wireless, 3 x amazon alexa, 1 x chromecast, 2x Samsung S20, iPad, 2 x smart bulbs.
animal40

@bobpullen

Hi . I am having the same issues using the 5GHz wifi on my router. I filled in the questionaire in my original post and put a reply but it was deleted and marked as spam for some reason and I can't be bothered filling it all in again. If you'd be able to push the update to my router as well that would be much appreciated.

Thanks 😁

sarahcastel

Hi Bob, @bobpullen

We have recently signed up to Plusnet and are having the wifi connectivity issues as well. I have now disabled the 5ghz this morning but could you send the updated firmware to us please?

Our brand new router is on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.

Many thanks
Sarah
Tags (1)
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hope @bobpullen finds time to push these updates to our hubs, seems like quite a few people are having issues.🤞

Graham007
Hooked

Agree I have been waiting a few days for the update have just moved my router so unpluged it and update is not there -it is such a frustrating issue and it now seems to be very common across the Pluswork network.

briston
Aspiring Pro

Seriously! After a year is this still going on.
sarahcastel

I know you'd think new hubs would come out with the update already on them after a year!!
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Exactly. Or automatic pushing of the update during set-up.