cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order update?

Bbatty16

Order update?

I ordered a fibre broadband & landline package 2 weeks ago now and have heard nothing since, not even a confirmation email.  When I log into my online account all it says is "your order is currently being processed, see below for next steps"

Could someone please let me know what is happening with my order and when my broadband & phone will change from my current supplier to plusnet?

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Order update?

Sorry to hear this.

It looks like your orders were not placed due to a systems issue.

I've placed these for you now and we'll confirm the transfer date as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bbatty16

What exactly does that mean? How much longer will I be waiting? We have already given notice to our current supplier and obviously don't want to be without service once our contract with them ends!

The order was definetly 'placed' as plusnet have already taken the £200+ payment for 12 months line rental!
Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @Bbatty16

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have updated your account with further information which can be viewed here.

I hope this helps but please do not hesitate to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Bbatty16

I had already had an email telling me that. Can someone explain why it is going to take so long?

And please can someone explain how plusnet managed to take over £200 from my bank account if my order really 'didn't go through' like you say. (As an aside, you really need to get someone to sort that out. From browsing the forums I can see it's not just me that's had this problem!)

As someone who's leaving their current supplier because they're unhappy with the customer service, this isn't really a great start to being a plusnet customer. Especially as no one bothered to tell me there was a problem until after the 14 day cancellation period was over!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Bbatty16 your problems have probably been caused by tou cancelling your current supplier, you should not have done that, unless it was Virgin. Lines on BT/Openreach can only ever have one order at a time, so if your supplier placed a cease on it, then a PN order would fail.

Bbatty16

Does it tell me not to do that during the sign up process? If it does I must have missed it! As I have a contract with my current provider that I no longer want to pay for as I'll be getting the services elsewhere, telling them this seems like the sensible thing to do!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

OFCOM introduced the Gaining Provider Led Switch process some time ago to help overcome issues when switch providers, unfortunately telling your existing supplier is the worst thing you can do and only ever adds delays and problems.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Bbatty16 

Any agent worth their salt would make you aware of this when you call up to cancel your services - did nobody from your provider tell you this? 

Our COT agents should also be checking for ceases on lines when processing sales. 

If you did this online there is a chance that this might not have been picked up on - depending on the amount of time from the order to the cease. 

Thanks,

MoR

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

This is exactly what seems to have happened in my "ongoing" case