cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router

stehooper
Dabbler

No router

Seen a few people with routers not being posted so I'm just investigating into mine. Phone line was activated today but ZERO communication otherwise as to dates or anything at all actually. Kinda of shambolic really and I don't expect to be paying for anything until I'm getting what was ordered. I am still within my cooldown period so if I don't get satisfactory resolution to this then I'll just cancel and move on.

Hope this can get sorted as there's only a finite amount of 4G data availible to me.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No router

Hi there,

Sorry for the lack of communication you've received here. Looking at your account I can see that the phone order completed yesterday and we need to get your fibre order placed. We need to allow the records for the line to update before we can do this as at the moment we can't place a fibre order as it's not showing as available. This normally takes around 24-48 hours to update and at that point we can get the order placed which normally takes around 10 working days depending on engineer availability.

Once the records update this will show on http://dslchecker.bt.com/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stehooper
Dabbler

Well, I'm giving it until Saturday. If I have heard nothing by then, I will cancel my contract and seek fibre from another retailer. How can you expect a customer to know these things if you don't communicate it to them? Even on my welcome to plusnet letter, all install date boxes were empty, giving ZERO information what-so-ever. Also, what are the point of the tests at signup if you're going to sell me a product that you're not sure I can get until I get a phone line from yourselves? No other company works like this.... I want the internet, not a phone. I've got a mobile so it serves no purpose.

Chris
Legend

We should be able to place the order before then.

I'm sorry you didn't receive communication, my colleague did advise this on the account but failed to send this through via email.

Also, what are the point of the tests at signup if you're going to sell me a product that you're not sure I can get until I get a phone line from yourselves?

When we checked the address and postcode it showed fibre available, however as it's a new number assigned to the line it take a little time for the records to update to reflect that this phone number is now assigned to this line.

We'll get this placed as soon as we can and I hope the communication is better from now on.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stehooper
Dabbler

What is it I am waiting for from that BT link then?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Telephone number in attachment removed from a public forum.

stehooper
Dabbler

Any updates? Getting a little tired of the zero information... Knew I should have re-signed with Virgin. What a sham.

Chris
Legend

We needed to wait for the records to update and that link to show that fibre was available. It's now showing and we'll get your order in place, apologies for any concern you've had.

stehooper
Dabbler

Still ZERO info recieved... No order confimation, no installation/engineer date, not even a letter to explain anything!

What is going on here? Is this standard procedure for your company or have things gone awry just for me? How hard is it to keep a customer informed of the process once a contract has been entered in to, it's basic customer service!

Please update me A.S.A.P.

Chris
Legend

We sent you an email and a text message on Friday advising of the latest update, did you not receive either? The date on the text is the activation date of your service.

Jogitadzerve

exactly the same with me, firstly I spend 1hr+ on hold only to be greeted with a guy who said he couldn't hear me, ( never mind I was on a landline and not a mobile ) then subsequently hung up on me, I then went to live chat, I asked when I would be getting my router as it switches on at the end of the week to be told the order got stuck in the system and now it would be out to me in 5 days,  I then asked to check the state of my order it was then said that my order had failed at their end as my details didn't match up, never mind that everything on my " welcome to plusnet " letter was correct, I asked to check if there was any space left in my local cabinet and was told it's now on a waiting list.  the conversation went on and I asked why was I not told about this and the answer I got back was that the system does not tell them and it's only when a customer asks questions....well plusnet, you have done me proud but most of all you haven't done yourselves very proud at all.  possibly the worst customer service I have ever come across and I want my money back!!! sooner rather than later please

stehooper
Dabbler

So, it says the 9th November on the text so am I to believe that it is a certainty that my service will be live by that date? If not, then what? I will seek cancellation if this is not the case.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry to hear about that @stehooper and the issues that you have had trying to contact us. I can confirm that the service will be going live on the 09/11/2016 and can take up to midnight to complete.

pete284
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I'm having the same problem from PlusNet. Communication saying going live on 10th Nov. Now the 7th Nov and still no news on Router. Spent 20 minutes on the phone only to get through as the "operator" said they couldn't hear me.....not looking promising for the changeover.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @pete284.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had. I understand my colleague has responded to your thread over here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stehooper
Dabbler

So... Just so we're all on the same page with this... My service is going live today with a connection speed between 72-80Mbps, and there will be zero issues... As in, there are currently zero issues on the system.

Thanks.