Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Activation Date?

wayyoung
Rising Star

No Activation Date?

Hi all,

I was wondering. Is it normal not to be given an date for activation of FTTC services when you put through an upgrade? I got a vague inclination only from the BT DSL Checker about an open order due to close by a certain date, but that's not really an activation date per say. Merely an estimation of when is *should* be activated by.

Any thoughts or have I got it wrong?

26 REPLIES 26
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: No Activation Date?

Hey there. Honestly, you should have received notification after the order was placed. Apologies that this wasn't the case for you. I can confirm the activation date is confirmed with BTW for 27/03/2017.

By the way, happy to see the pcp18 finally activated for FTTC. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

Hey @Anoush! How are you doing?

I thought that was the case, seeing I've been in this position before waiting for a fibre upgrade. So the 27th it is then, thanks.

I've been given a peachy speed estimate so hopefully all that nonsense in January will be well worth it. I'll let you know soon enough 😉

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm all good thanks, you? Aye, the speed estimate looks nice. Fingers crossed in a couple of weeks the previous problems would have been worth it!

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
swebbie

I'm in the same boat.

I ordered an upgrade from broadband to fibre on 19/03/17 and have received zero communication about it.

No email to say I've even requested an upgrade. There is even next to no info in my account as well.

No email to say when the router will be shipped. Doesn't appear to have been yet ?

No email to say when I might be activated. I thought I did see something to say the 25/03/17, but I can't find any reference to it anywhere + that date has already been missed.

So fingers crossed something might happen this week.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Pop your phone number in here and see if there are any open orders in the narrative below the speed estimates.

swebbie

Thank you.

It does suggest there is an open order: 'There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 31-Mar-2017.'

So fingers crossed it will happen.

wayyoung
Rising Star

From experience with my open order due to be completed by 27th March, it actually turned out that this was the expected activation date. So you may have to wait until 31st for that to go live all being well.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@swebbie - your upgrade is committed for the 31st March. I apologise that you haven't received notification of this. You will receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning advising you the product change is complete.

I would expect the actual work to be carried out during normal business hours.

wayyoung
Rising Star

I haven't received any notifications as yet, although the product change does seem to have gone through according to PN Portal. Nothing from OR though re:engineer working on the line etc, but hopefully I'll see some action from them later today.

wayyoung
Rising Star

I take that back. Just got the email from PN regarding product change. :0-) Damn temperamental iOS mail app!

wayyoung
Rising Star

Well, it's now gone 6PM and no fibre connection. Still got a line sync on ADSL2+ but no PPP connection now 😞

BT DSL checker does not show open order info anymore suggesting something has changed somewhere.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm, I'm testing your line as fibre and the order completed this morning. The circuit is out of sync though. Are you using a Hub One?
wayyoung
Rising Star

No Hub One. Got a TP link w9980 direct into master socket. Will reconfigure for fibre and see what we get.
wayyoung
Rising Star

PN Hub 1 now connected directly into test socket. Router has had factory reset. User/pass entered and it is defaulting to ADSL 2+ still.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed image at ops request