Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining plusnet

FIXED
Brian28
Hooked

Joining plusnet

Joined plusnet as moving into another flat. As line disconnected need engineer £49.99. Chose visit for my day off 12/6, plusnet took £100 and I thought all good. After payment got told the connection changed to 13/6, no good to me. So changed it to 20/6 ( next day off ). I am still being told everything set for 13/6, a fine of £60 odd if not there which I can't be, also no definate confirmation for the 20/6!!!. Not the best of starts, I hope I am not paying the monthly fee until broadband actually happens.
12 REPLIES 12
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Joining plusnet

Welcome to the community forums @Brian28.

I've had a look over your orders and our suppliers seem to have advised that they should be able to complete the installation without an engineer accessing the property.

However I'm afraid that the request to delay the activation to the 20th did go through on the broadband side of things, so although the phone line should activate on the 13th, the broadband isn't expected to be online until the 20th.

Although the notification came through from our suppliers around 1 minute before the first advisor tried to change the date (So it's likely they already had the order open and had not seen the update come through) I am sorry to see how this has been handled by other advisors following this and have passed feedback on to the relevant people.

The initial fees cover the cost of the the first month of service from when it activates, so ultimately you should end up only paying for the time the service is actually active.

I hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Brian28
Hooked

Well I have just had e mail and a text from yourselves saying my order has been delayed, but no reason as to why. I hope I am not going to be knocked back again as I can't afford to lose more work because you can't do as you say you will. I therefore expect everything to be sorted on Tues 20/06 thank you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've just called our suppliers to confirm. The appointment is all booked in for 20th June between 8am and 1pm.

As usual, it can take anytime up to midnight for the services to go live.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Brian28
Hooked

Well I have had to, again, book an engineer to come here, so do I or do I not have to be here, if not why did I have to pay £49.99 ?, also lose a days work !! If, as you say, I don't have to when do I get a refund ?? I still don't understand your system it appears bizarre at best
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As per my previous reply,

@Gandalf wrote:

The appointment is all booked in for 20th June between 8am and 1pm.

The engineer will need access to your property to complete the work.

As such, the line installation fee is applicable.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Brian28
Hooked

Hello HARRY B will you tell me why when you say no engineer required to be on property Gandolf says one is ??. Not overly happy with all this will I ever get any truth ?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Brian28, sorry to see your order has gone back to needing an appointment, however the information we have provided you has been correct and truthful based of off the information we had from our suppliers at the time.

On 02/06/17 11:54:08, our suppliers notified us that an appointment was not required on the order.

On 13/06/17 15:03:10, our suppliers notified us of a delay on the order and advised that we needed to re-book an appointment.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, however we have simply provided updates that we have received from our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Brian28
Hooked

Well engineer came and set it up this morning great, as yet no Wi-Fi so guessing I will have to wait until midnight, don't understand lights on on router compared to what manual says, have a long orange strip light and a small red light under it. Will see what happens tomorrow !!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

It looks like your account hasn't activated automatically yet following order completion, I've pushed this through manually now. Can you let us know how you get on?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Brian28
Hooked

Hi Yes got WI-FI, will try and plug into internet tv tomorrow and see how that goes. Looking at getting your tv box do I need aerial or is it through broadband/WI-FI do you know ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Brian, you need an aerial for the freeview channels, catch up is over the broadband (not wifi, it needs to be ethernet cable to the box).

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @Gandalf as per message #10.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still