cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclear contract: Line Rental included?

FIXED
b1234

Unclear contract: Line Rental included?

Hi! Yesterday I called customer service and, after speaking to two different agents and being on the call for around 25 minutes, I managed to renew my contract. I asked several times if Line Rental was included and the agent gave me the impression it was. The audio quality of this agent was poor and I asked him to repeat and he said I would be paying 15.99 for everything.

However, to my surprise, when I got the summary of the new contract, this is what appears:

Unlimited Fibre Broadband: £12.00 per month for 24 months and then £15.99 thereafter
Line rental: £197.88 Annually Once the Line Rental Saver expires your line rental will be £19.99 per month unless you renew it.
Line Only call plan: £0.00 per month
Caller Display is provided free
Total: £12.00 per month for 24 months on a new 24-month contract then £15.99 per month thereafter

Is the Line Rental then included? To me, it is not according to what it is written here. This is very misleading. I contacted customer service opening a question, but no reply and I only have 14 days to cancel. Online I had a much better option for half the price is Line Rental is not included.

Today I called customer service again and after being waiting for 20 minutes without any agent taking the call I decided to hang up- such a waste of time and money! I have already paid 2 pounds for today and 2.50 for yesterday. 

I want to cancel the offer if Line Rental is not included, but I cannot do this and no one is answering to my queries. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Unclear contract: Line Rental included?

Fix

@b1234 

I would say that looking at those prices, line rental is not included in the Unlimited Broadband prices. They appear to be offering a £3.99 discount on the broadband for the 24 month duration of the contract and then it reverts to the current standard monthly rate.

The Line Rental Saver rate of £197.88 quoted is the rate that was applicable before the price increase in December 2019 (the current rate, unless you can invoke an LRS renewal at the old rate under the fixed price contract rules (i.e renewal of LRS whilst a fixed price contract that was started before 3 December 2019 is still extant), is £209.88. The quoted monthly line rental of £19.99 is the current monthly rate. Those seem contradictory,

b1234

The issue I am facing is that I asked the agent several times and he said my total bill per month would be at 12.99, which is misleading if I need to include the almost 20 pounds per month of the Line Rental. I asked several times because I needed to know in order to choose this or the offer given online of the same Unlimited Broadband for 7.50 a month in an 18-month contract. 

This is a very upsetting situation, also considering they are not taking calls after a 20 minute wait....

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi@b1234 

Is the offer of "Unlimited Broadband for 7.50 a month" with Plusnet

Dave

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I@b1234 

I think that it's a matter of interpretation. The total that you will be paying is £12.99 assuming that, as the agents message does, that you currently have LRS running.  I assume that you currently have LRS? I do not think that there is any possibility of Plusnet offering fibre and line rental for £12.99. If a deal looks to be too good to be true then.....

You would have been better off going for the £7.50 deal. Remember that you have 14 days to cancel so all is not lost.

I would remove the Fixed flag to assist attracting the attention of a Plusnet staffer who might be able to request an agent to ring you to sort this out.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Today I called customer service again and after being waiting for 20 minutes without any agent taking the call I decided to hang up- such a waste of time and money! I have already paid 2 pounds for today and 2.50 for yesterday.

Calls to customer service are free , its an 0800 number

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @b1234, it looks like a colleague of mine has already clarified this by ticket on the account. Let us know if you need any further information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team