cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and no mobile data.

Shazandcolin

New customer and no mobile data.

Since joining Plusnet yesterday I have had no mobile data and my device says “PDP Authentication error”. Called only to find out this is affecting a lot. Now could be waiting upto 5 days , ridiculous and now looking for a better provider.
3 REPLIES 3
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: New customer and no mobile data.

Hi there @Shazandcolin thank you for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

There are a few troubleshooting steps we can try to get this working again for you!

Firstly, we'll need you to reset your network settings.

You can do this by going to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Please restart your phone once this is done and see if you're able to use your data!

If you are still unable to use your data after this, it would be really helpful if you can try the SIM in another handset!

Thank you

-Oli

Shazandcolin

Hi we have done all that and now had another sim but still the same issue.  I have now closed my account and will be changing to Vodafone.  The last straw was when i was told that i had to keep records over 48 hours and send in data.  

Goodbye and next i will be cancelling my broadband as that to has had issues since joining

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Shazandcolin,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your data. I completely understand your frustrations with this but as part of the troubleshooting steps, we would require examples for further investigation. 

We certainly don't want to see you go, if you could please send the following information to me via Private Message, I'll get this sent across to our Operations Team:

• A list of all the troubleshooting steps tried
  • Which carrier setting is stored on the handset
  • Plusnet mobile number
  • Plusnet account number
  • Latest version of your IOS/Android software 

Thanks, 

- Rebeka