This guide shows you how to use the Microsoft Outlook Express Message Rules to deal with messages tagged as spam by the Plusnet spam filter. Note: The information below only applies if you are still receiving messages which Plusnet mark as [-SPAM-] into your Inbox. You can check if this is the case by looking at the 'Spam' tab in Manage My Mail. 1. Run Microsoft Outlook Express and select the Message Rules/Mail option:
2. See the options below the image to create your message rule:
1. Click Where the Subject line contains specific words 2. Click Move it to the specified folder 3. Click contains specific words
3. Enter the phrase [-SPAM-], click Add and then click OK:
4. Now click specified:
5. In the example below we are creating a new folder called Spam Folder which is located in the Inbox folder. Firstly click the New Folder button:
6. Enter the folder name and click OK:
7. Once you have created the folder, confirm this is the one you want the spam emails to be delivered to and click OK:
8. Enter a name for the spam rule you have created. Now click OK:
9. You have now completed adding this rule. If you want to run the rule against your existing Inbox contents, click Apply Now. Once you have done, click the OK button.
10. You'll now be send back to the main window for Outlook Express.