cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a forum post

How to make a forum post

How to make a forum post

Forums are really handy and I'm not just saying that because I work in them!  They're a great way of finding some advice or a way of fixing a problem.  With Plusnet, it's an easy way of asking a question and getting some help from other Plusnet customers or a member of staff. 
There's a few really simple rules to make sure that you're getting the most out your forum experience.  Here's a few to think about berfore you make a forum post
- Has anyone else asked a similar question? You can try using the Forum Search feature or just have a look around the forums to see if anyone else has asked a similar question.
- Use a sensible title. If you're starting a new forum thread, make sure your thread title is named so whoever choose to read it, has a rough idea of what sort of category your forum thread will contain.
- DON'T SHOUT! Writing in capital letters is considered as shouting and rude.
- Use quote marks sensibly. If someone else has said something that you'd like to use in a quote, just keep the relevant bits and delete the rest. That makes your post easier to read and understand. 
With those basics in mind, let's get onto how you actually go about making a post.  If it's your first time in a forum, it might not be obviously apparent on how to do so, so let's take it step by step.  Let's consider that I want to make a post asking for advice for moving from Plusnet Premier to Plusnet Unlimited, so a product change question. So let's choose the right forum - Community Support is a good place to ask for product based advice. 

forumpost17

So I've found myself in the Community Support forum and I've checked to see if there's any similar forum posts.  Now I need to start my own forum thread.

forumpost23

Now I've got to the page where I'm able to start writing my post, I need to choose a sensible thread title.  I've chosen "Looking to change from Plusnet Premier to Plusnet Unlimited" because it covers exactly what I'm looking to find out.

forumpost31

Once I've done that, I'll need to write my forum post itself.  Because my topic is fairly straightforward, I don't really need to go into any massive detail, so something like this:

forumpost4

Then all I need to do is to hit the "post" button!  That's pretty much all there is to it!

forumpost52

4 Comments
4 Comments
mnevis
Just browsing

Where do I look on the Plusnet webpage to find out what my Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed is?

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

The forum has changed a lot since the last time I was here and I am still finding my way around. What I find frustrating at the moment though is that when you click the unread posts link, there is no indication of how many pages there are. Used to be numbered at the bottom.

Mark

blah1
Interested

sorry but can't make anything out from the tiny pics - still confused on how to start a thread/topic..

Gilzean10
Hooked

New to forum and find it very unclear how to reply to a post. The tiny advice examples are of no use whatsoever. I want to ask about not having subscription channels for 2 weeks now....cut off by Plusnet for a 2nd time. Took 7 weeks to get them up when I moved,nobody had a clue what to do until a Martin Light did it in 10 mins and was livid nobody had been able to do it previously. Rang multiple times before sucess happened then lo and behold they cut them off...took 3 weeks almost to re-activate them and then 10 days later they were off again. Have spoken multiple times and e-mailed Plusnet with very little success. I have now spoke with Ofcom and my solicitor to take action against Plusnet.....2 weeks and not one call back from any of the TV Team. Only option left is not to pay my bill until the problem is resolved. Btw done resets etc etc etc about 25 times to no avail. Not impressed by the customer service dept it really is inept.