cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Faults Guide - No Sync (NSC)

A no sync is probably the worst faults you can have, as it is a complete loss of connection. As frustrating as this can be, it can quite easily be the case that your internal equipment could be the sole cause for this fault type. I will go into some detail as to what this fault is and how we look to resolve such issues. If you are reading this and have a no sync fault, it may be worth reading the I have a Fault topic.

What is no sync?

No sync is short for ‘no synchronisation’. This is where the link between your premises and exchange has been lost. The big question is, at which point on the broadband network is the fault? Faults can be caused by your own internal equipment, faulty cabling or exchange equipment. You will notice no sync if your broadband light is either off or flashing on your Technicolor Router.

What causes no sync?

Aside from your own equipment and internal wiring, we would be looking at a broadband network fault. A complete loss of sync could be due to:

• Faulty Exchange equipment
  • Faulty pair on Exchange Side of the network
  • Faulty pair on Distribution Side of the network
  • Faulty Port (Exchange/Cabinet)
  • Underground Cabling
  • High Resistance

There may be other reason for a complete loss of service; however, the above mentioned reasons are the most common that you may come across. If you’re wondering what some of the testing we have done means, please take a look at our Faults Testing guide, this will also explain how we intend on fixing faults based on the information we have collated from our testing.
A no sync fault is relatively straight forward from our stand point – if you are confident, your equipment is not at fault, and the likely outcome will be an engineer visit. An engineer will require access to your premises, so please do be prepared to give your availability to our faults Team for this. Our Faults Team will get in touch with you once an update is available to discuss the next steps to get a no sync issue resolved. Our Faults Team aim to get back in touch within 48-72 hours with an update or to discuss any further action that may be required.

What is a jumpering fault?

A jumpering fault is where you can see your broadband light is on but we are testing your line as ‘no sync’ or if you see the broadband light flashing and we are testing your line ‘In Sync’. Jumpering is how your connection is connected at the exchange, this, from time to time can be done incorrectly and requires an engineer to visit the exchange to resolve. We would expect this type of fault to take between 24-48 hours to resolve after our faults team have completed their initial testing.

0 Thanks
1 Comment
1 Comment
johnrobinson
Grafter
It seems my problem(no broadband or phone) is no synchronisation It says so when I try to connect and the broadband light is constantly flashing.
How do I report it with no phone ?
Thanks
johnnrob1@freenetname.co.uk