cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone transfer

petehawdon
Dabbler

Phone transfer

So I received this email earlier this evening. I had signed up for Plusnet Broadband and Home phone. My BB activation was due to be around 26th June but was delayed. Eventually activated around start of August. I expected phone to transfer from EE shortly after but the first I hear is that I'm being transferred AWAY from Plusnet! Weird.... Can someone from Plusnet have a look at what's going on here? I will call tomorrow but wanted someone to get onto it as I don't want to lose BB.

Hello pete,
Account username: petehawdon
Phone number affected: xxx
We just wanted to remind you that another service provider has notified us that you're moving your phone line and call plan to them. We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us but before your phone service moves there are some things you need to consider.

• When you leave Plusnet
There'll be a final bill of the charges you need to pay. These depend on how many services you have with us and will include charges up to and including the date you leave, on top of your line rental.

• Charged for ending your contract early
If you're moving before the end of your contract, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months.

• Loss of other services
Because you're moving providers you'll lose your Plusnet Broadband and email address if you have one and potentially other services you have with us such as caller display, call barring and voicemail.

Your phone service will move on 02/09/2014, unless you've asked for a later date or you've already cancelled your order. If you do change your mind and wish to cancel the move, please try and contact us at least 3 working days before this is due to happen so we have enough time to stop the order for you.
13 REPLIES 13
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Phone transfer

Weird, looks like "slamming" but is more likely an admin mess-up at EE.
Who supplies your phone service at present?
Either way, best to phone PN ASAP to see what they are aware of.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Failing that the Plusnet Customer Relations Team should pick this up tomorrow and check it out.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
petehawdon
Dabbler

EE supply at the moment. I'm fully expecting it to be some admin balls up but after waiting 3 years for cabinet activation I don't want to lose service after only a few weeks!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi petehawdon,
I'll give you a call shortly to discuss this further. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
petehawdon
Dabbler

Can you call my mobile please
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just tried to call but there was no answer.
Let me know when you're free and I'll get back in touch.
petehawdon
Dabbler

Anytime now - thanks
petehawdon
Dabbler

If anyone is interested in what was going on here...
Ordered BB + Phone
Original activation date 26th June
BB delayed
Phone order delayed due to BB activation delay.
BB activated on the 11th August
Cease phone line notification 27th August (from Plusnet..)
Broadband Cease notification (!)
Phone stops working for 24/48 hours or so.
Phone starts working again Friday 29th August.
Warned that Plusnet may not be able to cancel Broadband cease with BT Wholesale (oh just great..)
Monday 1st September - informed by Plusnet that BT Wholsale can't stop cease order on FTTC. (Really? Just don't do it it can't be that inflexible surely)
Informed FTTC will need to be re-ordered after it has ceased and I will be without BB for 24-48 hours. Mint.
What a really really poor system.
Mildly raging.
petehawdon
Dabbler

I can't believe this isn't resolved yet. Sad
Linn Karstrom has been pretty good keeping me informed as to what is going on. She goes on leave and it falls to pieces.
Plusnet - Do you not have any process in place to handover open issues from one person to another when people are on leave?
Linn assurred me that she or someone else would ring BT to expedite my FTTC reorder but I have no idea if this has happened as the communication from Plusnet has ended with Linn's absence.
Come on Plusnet sort it out!!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Pete,
I've been trying to call you this morning quite a few times but I seem to be getting "The mobile number you have called is currently unavailable. Please try again later".
In hindsight, I probably should have updated the ticket so my apologies for not doing so.
The new order still isn't accepted on our suppliers systems which is in turn stopping us from expediting your order. A massive kick in the teeth for ourselves as well as you as the ball is in someone else's court at the moment.
I've been told that I should have an update in just over an hour so I will try and catch you again at 1.45.
Really sorry for the inconvenience.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
petehawdon
Dabbler

Thanks Matty
I have a missed call at 12:22 - I assume that was you.
Any update is welcome.
petehawdon
Dabbler

It transpires that adding a comment to an open question sends that question to the back of the queue.
Wow. Nice system.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi petehawdon,
I tried calling you this morning but it wouldn't connect again. I've left you a ticket update on ticket: 90710413
Sorry for the delay.
Regards,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet