cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Kaput!

Bluesplayer
Grafter

Phone Kaput!

Raised a ticket after chatting to Lisa.  No mention if she detected any problems just the pat answer of watch the video etc.
Can anyone do some testing so at least I can have some feedback?

Broadband is losing con too at times.
dick:green Full telephone number removed from a public forum.
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Phone Kaput!

Our tests are showing what's known as a loop condition fault which could indicate faulty internal wiring or a faulty faceplate.
Is it possible for you to connect the phone to the test socket?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bluesplayer
Grafter

I currently have the phone connected to the test socket.  When I picked it up just now it was emitting a high pitch whine.
The internet is going off and on too.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Ah okay.
In that case we'll need to book a appointment.
I'll respond to the ticket you have open.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Only now has my issue been resolved!
I have been pulling my hair out over this but on accessing my members section and seeing the efforts made by Plusnet I feel somewhat relieved - in other words I still think you are offering a good service but ...
I now have a major gripe in that the 1st engineer caused my broadband to be totally disconnected - as in didn't reconnected the necessary wires!
I will take some responsibility for the protracted length of time it has taken to fix my phone and broadband problem owing to using a CALL BLOCKER device that cuts off with-held numbers (so I might have well missed calls) but even so shouldn't you be aware that such things are in use now?  Also the 1st engineer caused a major problem and then the 2nd engineer failed to visit. 
Here is my response to my ticket ...
My broadband has been reconnected.  Apparently the first engineer disconnected my Fibre wires and didn't reconnect them (2nd engineer report).  I really think I need compensation for this as I have lost nearly 2 weeks wages as a result along with considerable damage to my online presence and reputation.
I can see Plusnet have tried their best to resolve this issue and my having a call blocker (not answering with-held numbers gadget) has compounded the issue, never-the-less this doesn't negate the poor workmanship of the 1st engineer that resulted in a complete loss of service.

I really think I need to be compensated by someone - Openreach?