cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii Video cable

Grff
Grafter

Wii Video cable

Anyone any idea what kind of video cable comes with a Wii?  Is just a standard AV cable?
Is so, is it worth 'upgrading' it with a component cable? Or is the resolution that low i'd not notice?
Ta
Griff
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Wii Video cable

A standard scart cable comes with it.
You do notice a big difference with a component cable, well worth a tenner.
Will Moderate For Thanks
scootie
Grafter

do they not have a hdmi connection, i picked my hdmi cable up for i think 7 quid at game last year. was pretty empressed as i have to buy everything twice  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm not sure if it's completely relevant to this thread but...
My kids want a Wii for christmas (We already have an XBox360).
I love the graphics on the 360 (HD component cable supplied to a decent 1080 TV),
How do the Wii graphics compare and, do I need to by an additional cable (what type?) to get the best quality?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 101

Wii isn't Hi-Def but Enhanced Def and outputs at 480p.
The graphics won't be as good as your 360 (and thus nowhere near as good as a PS3 looks Roll eyes ) , but it's more about the interaction and gameplay than the graphics.
Will Moderate For Thanks
scootie
Grafter

agree with adiewoo, the wii is all about the co op family play and graphics arnt the number 1 concern for this, where the xbox and ps3 are for your solo hardcore gamers (thoe i dont know why some of them choice to use the ps3, may be these ps3 things are just for back up when there xbox breaks  thoe i would be more tempted to have a DS as back up  Tongue )
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Thanks guys Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.