cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Pro

rena
Grafter

Plusnet Pro

Does anyone have experience of Plusnet Pro, and if so could you please tell me your opinion on it?  My son often plays PS3 and I was wondering would it make any difference to his experience, and also would it make any difference to my daughter who plays on her laptop with Smallworlds? thanks
13 REPLIES 13
StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Pro

I've got PRO with my fibre line.....
Its hard to say if it makes a difference, but for my peace of mind, i know i am getting my full speed....
At the same time, game updates (Steam in my case) downloads at full speed, as opposed to capped at 2mb (Fibre Value).....
ste1979
Dabbler

hi
am on plusnet pro & to be honest i thought aol broadband was better for gameing, plusnet pro is suppose to be for gameing, but since i changed to plusnet,
ive had nothing but problems when playing cod black ops pc game or any other game, mainly lagging, also the pro bundle is suppose to have low ping & latency & interleaving is suppose to be turned off,
what aload off rubbish that is, my ping/latency is all over the place & interleaving is turned on apparently so ive been told by plusnet,
this makes me wonder why am paying extra for the pro service if plusnet carnt be arsed to provide it...what a con... also ive only been with plusnet for 2-3weeks now & i also went over my 60gb useage within about aweek & half, that was mainly playing games online, now am being charged an extra £5 per day or every otherday for every 5gb i use, so i will end up paying an extra £25-50more each month, than what i should be paying for broadband, my bill next month will prob be £50-75 just for broadband...its getting ridiculous & very exspensive,
all in all, am going back to aol broadband on the 3rd november....what more can i say.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gpu-reballer,
I can see from your account that there are some issue to placing an order regarding interleaving. However, at this time it is currently off. I notice there are errors on the line and this won't be helping matters. Are you using any extension cables/sockets for your router connection? How is your kit set up?
As for your usage, you may be downloading games/patches/updates which tend to be rather large. I doubt that gaming itself would use the usage that quickly. If your usage is mainly downloading games/patches/updates then you could do this between Midnight and 8am, when usage is not counted against your monthly allowance.
Jojo Smiley
ste1979
Dabbler

sorry but am getting emails from your customer service saying interleaving carnt be turned off, (that tells me its on)  now your saying its off,
so is it on or off,
also i work, i cant stay up till midnite to play games or download, what kind of reply is that.... what i can do is go back to aol broadband, & play online games & download allday long
& not get ripped off by plusnet, no problems at all with aol broadband & there supposed to be rubbish.
also i put a request in to move to aol again & plusnet canceled that request after me telling them to keep it open till the issue gets resolved, so why did you cancel.
i did email you again telling you to keep it open.
also you are chargeing me extra £5perday over my useage, so you do the math & you tell me if you would stay with plusnet & pay what i have to pay.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: gpu
also i put a request in to move to aol again & plusnet canceled that request after me telling them to keep it open till the issue gets resolved, so why did you cancel.
i did email you again telling you to keep it open.

Just had a quick look and it has been cancelled because we can't place the interleaving change with an open cease on the line.    Someone should have talked to you about that before doing it.
Re-the charging, I've added a discount on to your next bill as a goodwill gesture.  Lets see if we can get this working for you!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
ste1979
Dabbler

Just had a quick look and it has been cancelled because we can't place the interleaving change with an open cease on the line.    Someone should have talked to you about that before doing it.
Re-the charging, I've added a discount on to your next bill as a goodwill gesture.  Lets see if we can get this working for you!

i dont want to sound rude, but that still isnt going to take away the fact that am paying £5+ perday because ive gone over the 60gb usage within aweek & half of you connecting me, so my bill on the 10th november will be about £100+ just for broadband...thats just silly money for broadband only
& no one asked me if i would like to cancel the order, plusnet just done it, so now i will have to place that order again with aol.
its not upto plusnet to cancel the order if i say keep it open then you cant cancel that order, why i moved from aol to plusnet i dont know.
dick:quote
rena
Grafter

What is interleaving, ping and latency?Huh
harps1h
Grafter

Quote from: gpu
also ive only been with plusnet for 2-3weeks now & i also went over my 60gb useage within about aweek & half, that was mainly playing games online,

either you have a very understanding wife or you have no life! 60 GB in 1 1/2 weeks. I play online every night and I wouldn't use that
ste1979
Dabbler

i play black ops for about hour-hour & half every nite, but there is 3 computers in our house, so that might explane the 60gb usage going so fast,
what everyone else in my house downloads or does with there computers i dont know?
i work all day so its not used then, i come home at 6-7pm so i dont use my pc till then,
its just strange that its gone so fast, when i dont really use it that much, i am a computer tech by trade, so i mainly go on the internet at work & do what i have to do there.
also to rena..... ping/latency is something that should be lowered by turning interleaving off, by turning interleaving off, it lowers the ping  & you should be able to play games
without lag or less lag.
rena
Grafter

Joanne, as a matter of interest could you please tell me if I have interleaving on or off? thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rena,
your interleaving is current'y showing as fast path (off).
Jojo Smiley
mikeyriot
Grafter

If I were you I'd start pointing fingers at the other people in your house. There is absolutely no-way you could use up all that data soley on gaming, unless like mentioned your downloading patches all the time.
Whats more likely is whilst your trying to game on your pc, the other two computers are being used to stream which would account for a) the high latency and b) the high usage
And, staying on topic Rena, if the pro add-on is only wanted for gaming theres not much point as its already prioritsed (except for game updates or downloading games, this is where you would notice the difference and maybe on the odd multiplayer that doesnt get classified correctly straight away, but PN are usualyy good at doing this before release)
harps1h
Grafter

you could always place the other routers outside the address range thus denying access and see how the usage is then. After that put one computer on at a time to see where your usage is bleeding from. Also as a matter of interest how secure is your network? I understand you are a techy but all of us seldom practice what we preach