Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

@Mevans1 Hey.

We did some network maintenance on Tuesday evening after seeing a potential issue.  Were you playing WoW last night or today?  Have you seen any improvement? 

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mevans1
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.

I was on last night and this afternoon and I don’t think it’s done it at all although I can have good days and bad days. I will let you know if it does happen again though.

My username is [Removed] and my mums is [Removed] (sorry if these names aren’t supposed to go here)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Mevans1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I was on last night and this afternoon and I don’t think it’s done it at all although I can have good days and bad days. I will let you know if it does happen again though.

How is the gaming in the last week?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mevans1
Dabbler

Hey, 

I haven't had the instance not found issue or being kicked off flight paths at all since whenever the maintenance was. I have had issues with loading into dungeons a couple of times but I don't think that's an internet, I think that's a blizzard problem with the crazy amount of people playing classic that they weren't prepared for.

Anyway fingers crossed! Thumbs_Up

Mevans1
Dabbler

Hey me again. Issue is not resolved.

Have just had the flight path drop me twice now in a matter of minutes then it completely crashed (wont let me cast anything) on classic.

Obviously I didn't mind so much on retail wow because flightpaths cost nothing but its kind of annoying when I've only got 10 silver and it costs 1 silver every time to get to where I need to be...

Please help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Mevans1 Hey, I'm sorry for the delayed response and to see you're still experiencing issues with this. Line tests aren't showing anything wrong with the line so I've added a static IP on temporarily to try to narrow down the cause for the issue. When you're next playing WoW could you let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mov
Grafter

Not checked in on this thread much as the original issues I described have subsided. To be honest I have nocreally been playing WoW lately.

However, I have been playing WoW classic across the last week. Typically I play about 8pm to 10pm with some deviation.

With the exception of last night which was largely trouble free I have been seeing ftequent random connection drops. Why might this be happening?

In general i have never found this plusnet connection to be very robust. Even standing right next to the router.
cb904
Hooked

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same issues as other users in this thread. It has been on-going and I have exhausted Blizzard Tech Support trying to get it resolved. I'd be interested in trying a static IP address as well to see if it improves the situation. 

Would the static IP impact other users on the network? 

Mevans1
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

@Mevans1 Hey, I'm sorry for the delayed response and to see you're still experiencing issues with this. Line tests aren't showing anything wrong with the line so I've added a static IP on temporarily to try to narrow down the cause for the issue. When you're next playing WoW could you let us know how it goes?

Hi Gandalf.

Myself and the boyfriend were playing classic Friday night and Saturday night on my laptop and pc at mine and neither of us experienced the issue (did dungeons, flight paths etc. pretty much anything that would trigger it before). I'll let you know if it does happen again though

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @mov thanks for the post back and I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. Line tests are showing a potential external fault which is likely going to be the cause for that so I've reported this through to our suppliers and we've been given an estimated response time of by 11/09/19 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further.

Let us know how it goes over the next few days.

Hi @cb904 thanks for getting in touch via our community forums.

I think I've found your account from the IP address you last used to log in here but I can't be sure it's the right account. Could you send me a PM with your account username and I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Would the static IP impact other users on the network? 

No it wouldn't.

Hi @Mevans1 It's good to see that the problem has gone away now. Would you be happy to do some testing for us, I'd like to remove the static IP and see if you're still having issues?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cb904
Hooked

Hi Gandalf, thanks for your message and clarifications. I have sent you a PM with those details. 

Mevans1
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi @Mevans1 It's good to see that the problem has gone away now. Would you be happy to do some testing for us, I'd like to remove the static IP and see if you're still having issues?

Hey,

That's totally fine. i'll happily be a guinea pig Smiley

On a side note. Other people in game have been having issues with the irritating "instance not found" message and others have said blizzard is a target for ddos attacks at the moment and that may be why so many people are suddenly having this issue. Blizzard did put a blue post up about it a few days ago I think but I didn't have time to read it. I have no idea what that means but thought i'd let you know incase you hadn't seen it. 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Mevans1 wrote:

Hey,

That's totally fine. i'll happily be a guinea pig Smiley

Excellent, one of the team will be in touch shortly to get things started. 

On a side note. Other people in game have been having issues with the irritating "instance not found" message and others have said blizzard is a target for ddos attacks at the moment and that may be why so many people are suddenly having this issue. Blizzard did put a blue post up about it a few days ago I think but I didn't have time to read it. I have no idea what that means but thought i'd let you know incase you hadn't seen it. 

Is it WOW Classic you're playing? if it is they have been victims of sustained DDOS attacks and I myself have experienced instance not found on both my Plusnet and None Plusnet connections.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
cb904
Hooked

Just in case my problem is overlooked due to the DDOS attacks I'd like to add some more info - I have been experiencing this issue since we rejoined plus-net. It has been a few months now with the issue in Retail WoW and I've had the issue in Classic WoW since the game launched the other week. While the DDOS attacks may have caused this issue for people it has been an on-going thing for me for a very long time. 

All 4 of the points made in this original post are experienced by me every day I play. It's certainly a pain! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya @cb904 Thanks for the username via private message. Our tests are showing your line is spot on perfect, so I've added a static IP onto your account now and momentarily dropped your connection to apply it. Fingers crossed that fixes things for you but we'd love to know how it goes as this shouldn't be a permanent solution.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet