cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

cb904
Hooked

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Thank you so much. It was happening all evening so I will provide an update on how things go from now a bit later!

Mevans1
Dabbler

@JonoH wrote:

Is it WOW Classic you're playing? if it is they have been victims of sustained DDOS attacks and I myself have experienced instance not found on both my Plusnet and None Plusnet connections.

Yep it was wow classic I had the issues on last week. Haven't been able to play retail unfortunately due to the lack of people on it at the moment.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@cb904 wrote:

Thank you so much. It was happening all evening so I will provide an update on how things go from now a bit later!

Sounds good. Oh and for the Horde!

Unless you play as the Alliance, in which case I’ll grudgingly replace the word Horde with Alliance. Cheesy Fingers crossed things have gone well though!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Mevans1 wrote:

Yep it was wow classic I had the issues on last week. Haven't been able to play retail unfortunately due to the lack of people on it at the moment.

Are retail populations really that bad?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mevans1
Dabbler

@JonoH put it this way...on retail im in a guild of 979 people, currently there are 2 other people online Sad

JonoH
Hero

Cripes! I don't play retail, but I have been surprised with how many people are playing Classic currently.

Jono H
cb904
Hooked

It seems the static IP has solved the problem for me. I have been running instances none stop (constant loading screens) and have not had a single freeze/disconnect/world server error since. The hour before you guys did the IP change I was running into those issues on about 2/3 of loading screens. 

As soon as you made the change for me it has not happened a single time! Thumbs_Up

I understand a static IP may not be the permanent fix you can offer and I'm happy to help you diagnose further if there is anything I can do on my end. 

I don't normally associate with Horde.. but you guys OK Grin 

iosifs

Hi, I can confirm that this is an issue for Classic as well, it's been driving me nuts.

This also has nothing to do with the DDoS - I've observed it regularly before, during, and after the attacks.

I went through the entire thread and it seems that a static IP would fix this - can I get one as well? Will this show up on our bill? It's not really about the £5, but I'd have to explain it to our landlord etc. Roll_eyes

For what it's worth, I think this behaviour is completely unacceptable on Blizzard's part. The game should (and mostly is) be resilient even to 2-3 sec complete outages; some packet loss shouldn't throw you off the flight path midway, it's completely game braking Cry.

Thanks for helping with this!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@cb904 wrote:

It seems the static IP has solved the problem for me. I have been running instances none stop (constant loading screens) and have not had a single freeze/disconnect/world server error since. The hour before you guys did the IP change I was running into those issues on about 2/3 of loading screens. 

As soon as you made the change for me it has not happened a single time! Thumbs_Up

Awesomeness, it's good to see that you've been able to play normally since having a static IP. Thumbs_Up

I understand a static IP may not be the permanent fix you can offer and I'm happy to help you diagnose further if there is anything I can do on my end. 

Thanks for being our guinea pig, we'll be in touch soon to get started if we need to.

I don't normally associate with Horde.. but you guys OK Grin 

Lok'tar ogar!

@iosifs Sorry to see you're having issues too Sad Log into your account then go Here to add a static IP on. Once it's added you'll need to reboot your router/disconnect your connection for it to take effect. While this will add a one off charge of £5 onto the next bill, if you don't want to keep the static IP indefinitely I'd be happy to add a credit of £5 to negate it. I'll then remove the static IP along with the free ones we've added once we're sure that we're not the cause for the issue. 

Let us know how it goes, it's not a guaranteed fix as there may be other causes but if it doesn't fix the problem and you don't want to keep the static I'll get the credit added and the IP removed. Fingers crossed it improves things though!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

For me it's beginning again...

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 15.13.35.png

Looking forward to playing some classic

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero

I hope you chose Shazzrah @Gandalf 

Jono H
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@JonoH Unfortunately I had a momentary lapse of judgement and went for a non-pvp realm Mirage Raceway. Currently level 8 Tauren Hunter, my plan was to transfer to a pvp realm when I'm high enough. Tongue Reading up, don't think it's possible to go from normal/pve to pvp but the other way round seems do-able. Sad Ah well. Might make an alt character on Shazzrah.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mevans1
Dabbler

@Gandalf Nothing wrong with mirage raceway...unless you're horde Tongue

JonoH
Hero

When you do let me know your char name and leveling zones Tongue 

@Gandalf wrote:

. Might make an alt character on Shazzrah.

Jono H
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Mevans1 wrote:

@Gandalf Nothing wrong with mirage raceway...unless you're horde Tongue

Cheesy

@JonoH wrote:

When you do let me know your char name and leveling zones Tongue 

Yup will do.

Watching the The Two Towers while levelling up, this is what days off are made for.

IMG_1557.jpeg

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet