cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Desatanus

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

thanks for the reply Gandalf - this morning WoW is behaving as normal but internet access seems really slow - accessing forum is very laggy but at least  - WoW is playing ok at the moment - so I'll see how it goes - cheers

Desatanus

ps - checked my account details and I'm on a dynamic ip address - but I'm pretty sure I've been paying for the extra £5 for some time now for a static ip - can you check my account and make sure that the extra £5 I pay is for that service and either refund me since it was changed or put me back on a static ip (or let me know what the extra £5 is for). Cheers

Mackem1973
Grafter

Untitled.jpg Internet went weird again  5 mins ago strange as i was watching netflix and on skype at the time and neither of them dropped  just wow and couldnt get on to other sites such as FB or my E-mails and i cant be doing this 2-3 times everyday

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Gary. How are things since Saturday? I think it's a known issue that these forums can be a bit sluggish occasionally.

We also charge a one off fee of £5 for a static IP.

When the this problem was resolved, I did a clean up removing all static IPs we added because of this, refunding the £5 back if it was taken. There's always a possibility of human error that I missed something, can you confirm that we've charged you for a static IP on an invoice and we've not refunded it back to your bank account? You can check your bills from Here.

@Mackem1973, as you seem to be experiencing issues with more than just world of warcraft, I asked our mods to move a few of the posts you've made to a new thread which can be found Here. I'd suggest keeping to one topic as opposed to cross posting across various threads as it helps keep all information in one place rather than having to piece things together.

I believe one of my colleague has asked you to try a wired connection as opposed to WiFi, I understand this may be inconvenient but it's simply to narrow down where the problem may lie. 

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
heliana

Hi, my partner and I have been experiencing the problems raised in the first post in this thread recently.

I've skim read the other posts and I just called to request a static ip as that seemed to fix the problem. Fingers crossed it'll fix it for us this time as it's very frustrating. Were there any other solutions that people were aware of or should the static ip fix it for us?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @heliana 

I’m sorry to see you’re experiencing connection problems while playing world of warcraft.

The problem discussed here was resolved a year ago and at the time the only workaround was to add a static IP before the issue was fixed. 

I’d be interested to know if adding a static IP onto your account resolves the issue you’re experiencing, can you let me know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
heliana

Thanks, just thought I'd post on here in case anyone else had the same issues at the moment.

None of our friends do and they're with different internet providers.

I was told it may take up to 24hrs for the static IP work so I'll give it a couple of days and let you know if it's sorted. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @heliana 

It's actually instant when a static IP is added onto an account, but you'll need to disconnect your connection for it to be applied. If you can reboot your router your connection will then route across our network with a static IP.

Let me know how things go.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
heliana

Hey, fingers crossed it’s looking good so far. Lucky we found the post as we had no idea why it wasn’t working.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@heliana cheers for confirming that did the trick. Thumbs_Up Ideally this shouldn’t be a fix but a workaround, are you happy to do a little testing for me? I’d like to remove the static IP and see if you’re still having issues. Happy to get you back onto a static if you are though.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@heliana Just looking at your line, you're getting a lot of disconnections.  Are you seeing issues with other internet usage?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@heliana On the back of what @Kelly has said I've tested your line and we can see your connection is frequently dropping as shown below.

image15662030789660

This caused your speeds to be restricted by the Dynamic Line Management (DLM for short) at the exchange to try and stabilise your connection which won't be helping matters either. In addition, it appears your line also has a number of errors which will make your connection and ping time worse.

Can you go through the steps shown here and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
heliana

Yeah we do get a lot of disconnects. All the cables seem fine. We have the router plugged into the master socket. We don't have a phone connected so we can't listen to the dial tone. Not sure if there's anything else we can try?

Mevans1
Dabbler

Hi, sorry to reply directly to your message. Cant figure out how to reply to thread or if its closed.

I started having this issue about a month ago (Issues with teleporting, flight paths, dungeons, "instance not found" etc) have flagged the issue up with blizzard but got the typical response from them. Brought a brand new laptop thinking it was a hardware issue. Oops should've done my research first right?

I tried using my phone as a hot spot and It didn't seem to happen despite my best efforts to cause it (but after reading all these posts I know it is completely random). Earlier I took my laptop to my mums and tried on her internet (also with plusnet) and the issue happened at hers aswell. Was there ever a solution apart from static IP? If I pay for static will it stay on until I take it off etc?

It happens on my PC which is on ethernet cable and my laptop which is WIFI. 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Mevans1 wrote:

I started having this issue about a month ago (Issues with teleporting, flight paths, dungeons, "instance not found" etc) have flagged the issue up with blizzard but got the typical response from them. Brought a brand new laptop thinking it was a hardware issue. Oops should've done my research first right?

Sorry that you're having issues, at least you managed to get a shiny new machine Smiley 

I tried using my phone as a hot spot and It didn't seem to happen despite my best efforts to cause it (but after reading all these posts I know it is completely random). Earlier I took my laptop to my mums and tried on her internet (also with plusnet) and the issue happened at hers aswell.

This is interesting, would it be possible to provide @MatthewWheeler  with the two account usernames please?

I'm not in the office now for a few weeks but I'm sure @MatthewWheeler  will get to the bottom of it. 

Was there ever a solution apart from static IP? If I pay for static will it stay on until I take it off etc?

It happens on my PC which is on ethernet cable and my laptop which is WIFI. 

The static IP routes you across a different path on our network, previously the problems existed with some kit on our network that the static IP's path avoided. We believed that that issue has since been resolved, but if it's rearing it's ugly head again we could really do with getting it sorted and I'll personally thank you for bringing it to our attention ion as I'll be spending quite a bit of my own time in classic from the 27th Smiley 

Once we've done some tests we can give you a static unit the issue is resolved 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager