Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dlm reset please

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

dlm reset please

i know plusnet can reset dlm now so is it possible to reset mine as im stuck on 64 meg now and please dont say its in the limits of what bt say as i know this already

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number: +081441+NQ54605283
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated 11/12/17
4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:00:13
6. Data rate: 20000 / 64070
7. Maximum data rate: 20499 / 75431
8. Noise margin: 6.2 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation: 17.0 / 13.8
10. Signal attenuation:

16.9 / 13.8

15 REPLIES 15
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: dlm reset please

Plusnet can not reset DLM  what they can do is request to BTW that DLM be reset if your on a Banded line that DLM hasn't removed on it's own accord after a length of time.

They will not do a request just because your speed is lower than it was, you will have to find out why that is and if it is a banded line then wait to see if DLM removes it, if it doesn't then you can ask Plusnet for the request.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Given that your router has only been online for 13 seconds, I would be more inclined to work out why, and how often it is resetting. Once you have a stable line would be the time to ask for a DLM reset.

Terranova667
Pro

I see in a thread further down titled cable length that the OP had been messing around with cables which seems to have caused DLM to intervene, don't mess with stuff unless it's necessary, if you really need to at least give it a couple of hours between changing them other wise DLM sees this as a Line stability issue and will lower the speeds which it looks like it has done.

leave well alone and the speeds should increase back up, how long it will take is up to DLM but it can in some cases take weeks, lesson learned i hope.

iangilf
Rising Star

Yeah your very helpful aren't you it wasn't messing with cable lengths it was a change of cable and was changed twice one change to the 10 meter and then back to the shorter cable why should that cause dlm to make these changes it shouldn't do its not like I was constantly doing it I've asked for a dlm reset to someone from plusnet so it's up to them if they can get it done as there's always been a problem with this line if u look back thew my posts not just the cable length one that u just pick on
iangilf
Rising Star

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

As this will be available from 19 February, rather than using the forum why don't you raise a question directly with Plusnet? That way you will get a definite response right from the horses mouth.Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately a DLM reset won't help you as your speeds aren't being capped as shown below

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 63.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 348.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-02-01T14:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 63.8 Mbps 74.7 Mbps 70.2 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 19.9 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 19.9 Mbps
Up Time 441.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 898.5 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-02-14T13:33:23.987+00:00 2018-02-14T13:48:23.987+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
iangilf
Rising Star

lol this place sucks dlm has altered my line due to cable change and then put it back check back on my stats of my line u can see i sync higher in previous posts so yes dlm has capped my line and a reset would improve it so why do u say dlm wouldnt do anything lol

and this place is for help ?

really lol

Terranova667
Pro

@iangilf wrote:
Yeah your very helpful aren't you it wasn't messing with cable lengths it was a change of cable and was changed twice one change to the 10 meter and then back to the shorter cable why should that cause dlm to make these changes it shouldn't do its not like I was constantly doing it I've asked for a dlm reset to someone from plusnet so it's up to them if they can get it done as there's always been a problem with this line if u look back thew my posts not just the cable length one that u just pick on

I chose the cable thread because it was the reason for your loss of speed none of your other threads pointed to the reason in this case

Why would it cause DLM to do what it did because changing the cable causes the modem to loose sync with the fibre cab DLM sees this and monitors the line, Had you did the change and left it alone for a day or so DLM would have been ok with that but my guess is you didn't you looked at the stats saw there was no difference then changed it back again in a space of a few minutes am i right ?

If so changing it back again caused another loss of Sync with the fibre cab, DLM doesn't know what your doing it only sees the drops so it intervenes thinking there is a stability issue with the line so drops the speed down, less speed equals more stability.

Your line is not capped / banded the GEA test Matt posted shows a 0.128M-80M Downstream profile that's the max if it were banded ie capped it would say something like 0.128M-75,  the speed has simply been reduced leave the modem, cables everything else alone and the speed will return how long is up to DLM to choose there is no reason for a DLM reset in this case. 

iangilf
Rising Star

ok but dlm is way too sensitive

yeah changed cable back

thanks

iangilf
Rising Star

so when dlm changes the line does the router drop off and come back on itself or do u have to take the gamble and turn it off and try your luck?

thanks

Terranova667
Pro

Yes sadly DLM can be a little too sensitive at times, what's most annoying is it can reduce the speed very quickly but it takes it's time giving it back, it's one of the most complained about things DLM gets.

the speed should return automatically, normally it can take 3-5 days but it's not unheard of for it to take a couple of weeks or more, I would wait a couple of weeks at most, if it didn't happen automatticly you can try a manual reboot just the once though, and if still nothing has changed report back and plusnet can take a look to see what's up.

iangilf
Rising Star

cheers mate

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@Terranova667

I thought @iangilf's speed had gone down prior to changing cables. The drop in speed may be nothing to do with the DLM. Therefore resetting the DLM will achieve nothing, at least in the long-term.

Previous thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/line-check-please/td-p/1498742