Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Speed down from a stable 80/20 to an IP Profile change of 49/11

Yes?
jsamuel
Grafter

This is an ECI /r modem, I've been rebooting it alot the past few weeks since I've been playing around with new firmware, I released this for others on Kitz under the hardware section.
I know this is due to this and the profile is "stuck"
Anotherone
Champion

I'm afraid (without me or someone else going digging - I've other things I'd like to get on with) that tells no-one about the firmware, there's no information that indicates one way or other that this issue won't happen again, yet you expect Plusnet (and perhaps the community to help justify a case) to act outside of the normal rules and get a reset for your connection. Other than the right Plusnet person having an echat with whoever that can reset the profile and them taking "justifiable" pity on you, any other approach will cost money - are you willing to pay for an engineer?
jsamuel
Grafter

I know this is a community forum but I was advised to post here so what's left of PN support could reply, since their normal ticket system has been taken out of service. I didn't ask for any help, or to diagnose why the profile changed. I've simply asked for a reset, which others have asked for on this same forum and had done successfully. The cause of the issue is quite obvious and not a fault as such, unless you take into the account of DLM not detecting reboots and manual resyncs being a fault.
jsamuel
Grafter

Where are the CRT anyway? I see recent replies in other threads, but not this one. Sad
AndyH
Grafter

The issue is that there is no official process, other than reporting it as a fault, to get DLM reset.
You could also just wait for the banding to be removed.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: jsamuel
Where are the CRT anyway? I see recent replies in other threads, but not this one. Sad

I'm afraid that with the limited number of staff allocated to cover the "social media" channels you could wait a while. Unfortunately yours isn't the only thread to go (a long time) without any CRT attention. Hopefully one of the more Tech members of the team will see this and take pity on you, otherwise it'll be a case of waiting as AndyH has said.
chrcoluk
Grafter

by access I meant physical access.
jsamuel you have 2 choices really.
1 - wait it out for DLM to recover by itself.
2 - follow the support process for an engineer.
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry, don't agree with 2, who's going to pay?
jsamuel
Grafter

I don't expect pity, I just expect what I'm paying for Smiley
And, I pay. What do I pay line rental for if I can't even get it maintained?
with the recent extra charges, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this.
I also don't see why my line should suffer all over a few CPE reboots. DLM should be able to detect the difference between LOP and a fault.
I find it equally distasteful that I have to jump through some rude forum users just to get some support.
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry not being rude, but you fiddle with your connection, use a modem that wasn't supplied by OR or has been tampered with to unlock it (if I've understood correctly) and cause DLM to band your connection. Now you expect something to be done about it at Plusnet's expense (which I will point out ultimately reflects in the charges we all pay). An eChat will be the minimal cost, but to follow an unofficial process does require someone to take pity on the fact that you tampered and messed up, albeit through lack of awareness. I don't have any objection to the latter, we all make mistakes, you just have to be a bit more patient and not make unreasonable demands as a result of your errors.
DLM should be able to detect the difference between LOP and a fault.

It can, as AndyH has already pointed out.
I find it equally distasteful that I have to jump through some rude forum users just to get some support.

I think I've addressed that, and I do sympathise  Wink
jsamuel
Grafter

The "tampered with" modem (as you call it) has nothing to do with this, but you probably know that already. You appear to make arguments wherever possible, even if they don't make sense, looking at your posts to other users.
I'm not responsible for DLM's broken ways, so I don't see how I've "messed up".
Would you please refrain from replying to my topic if you have nothing useful/helpful to say.
Anotherone
Champion

I'm just making what I perceive to be reasonable comment, and earlier a correction to information. It maybe your opinion DLM is broken, many of us don't like the way it works on occasion, but that's another matter. I'll leave you to the current vagaries of this forum.
jsamuel
Grafter

It seems the ticket bot is sending an engineer out on Wednesday, but whether or not it attached the notes for the engineer to see, who knows. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
n.b; I'll be leaving the "tampered with" modem in place for the engineer to see, because he probably will in the end find a fault on the line. There's been some weird ES/SES counts on startup, always the same amount, since the line was setup so it might not be my fault afterall, I just happened to speed up the DLM process.
ES: 0 — 448
SES: 0 — 207
Anotherone
Champion

Point taken, I hope it's not the firmware though Wink is it astrokids?
Even with notes sent to OR, they don't always get to the engineer, best to have some suitable ones ready for him/her.