cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet Fibre

nick1979
Dabbler

Re: New Plusnet Fibre

One is a business line (I doubt it is a lucrative one as the business is a one man business), one is not.
I would consider Plusnet actually talking to me being an achievement let alone Openreach moving the line, I was told on the 4th December it would be chargeable to move the line and regardless of who pays nobody has told me how much, and the last update on the ticket was last Wednesday.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
I see one of my colleagues has queries the costs and if the line has been surveyed for this work, we'll chase for updates on that and get back to you when we have more information. Sorry this has taken so long to get a response but we'll be in touch asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nick1979
Dabbler

As I had heard nothing from anybody at Plusnet I phoned again.  On the 4/12/14 Plusnet decided moving my line would be chargeable and I would have to pay. The first mention on the ticket of them asking Openreach for a cost is 6/12/14.  The latest is that I have now got to approach Openreach for a cost, so nearly two weeks wasted. I wonder how long it would have taken Plusnet to tell me this had I not phoned. Oh how I wish I had stayed with BT!!   My advice to anybody from now on will be to have your first fibre contract with BT.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Who told you that you should contact Openreach, because that is wrong? They do not deal with end users, i.e. the general public. It really is up to PlusNet to sort this out and they are not making much progress by the sound of it. It is unusual for them to re-route a line but it can be done. Hope you can get it sorted. Sad
nick1979
Dabbler

@realalemadrid. Plusnet told me to contact openreach they even gave me the the email address. I have emailed and not had a reply. I get the impression plusnet have given up with this.  I am going to try to speak to BT and go back to them if they can guarantee a reasonable connection speed with fibre.
chrcoluk
Grafter

I am amazed plusnet have even said they will try to find a cost, please keep us updated if a cost is quoted to you.
nick1979
Dabbler

Hello
I did not get a reply to the email I sent Openreach re costs of moving cabinets.
Plusnet have agreed to let me out of my contract.
I have spoken to BT and told them the whole story. They said they will get my fibre working if I transfer to them, I have ordered from them on that basis. We will see.  I will post the result either way.
My changeover date is 8/1/15.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Will be REALLY interested to hear how you get on. In theory it should not be possible for BT Broadband to get a better service from openreach than plusnet can. It does depend though on how well plusnet manage their suppliers.