Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer in

Redviper
Grafter

Transfer in

Hi
im trying to transfer in my domain, but when filling in the form selecting "individual" i keep getting the error message
"There's a problem with your details
Please enter a name or company name as the registrant"
i dont have a company name - so when i put anything in, it still wont let me through, giving the same message there are no other required fields to fill in
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
danep
Grafter

Re: Transfer in

Hi
Same here. I fill everything in and now I get the same damn message. This is a real pain as now my email is in limbo between two hosts and Plusnet are not answering the query by the usual support ticket methods. It's been a couple of days now since I raised it. How do we solve this?
Regards
Dane
danep
Grafter

Should add that in my case I actually have a company name and it still brings up the error message...grrrrr..
danep
Grafter

Hi Guys
You wont believe the crap I am going through with Plusnet and 123-reg. I don't who is worse, no customer care sense from either of them. My ips tags and name servers have been changed to Plusnet when I tried to transfer the domain to them. Plusnet will not accept it because it is a business Domain and I don't have a business account. I said fine. Then I went back to 123-reg and told them to take the domain back to their servers. They said they did, but they didnt. Then they said go back and ask  Plusnet as they now have the domain. Which of course they do, but they wont accept it. So now I have no domain as it's limbo between these two complete nonce's. I don't think I could have made this up if I tried. I have now asked Plusnet to temporarily accept the Domain so it can be immediately sent back to 123-REg, but I don't hold out much hope of that happening as they just don't seem to understand whats going on. So now for a week I have no website and no email. What a laugh! Lucky I have backup providers for email. Can anyone at Plusnet sort this out or will I will going around in circles for the next week?Huh
Regards
Dane
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Redviper
Hi
im trying to transfer in my domain, but when filling in the form selecting "individual" i keep getting the error message
"There's a problem with your details
Please enter a name or company name as the registrant"
i dont have a company name - so when i put anything in, it still wont let me through, giving the same message there are no other required fields to fill in
Thanks

Have you requested your current registrar to change the IPSTAG to PN ones? If not this may be the reason that it's failing, info here Are you aware that if you fully transfer the domain the cost of renewing a .uk is £54 compare with the average cost by others of £6?
You can request PN to host only and keep the billing etc with your current registrar. I supplied the info in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76357.msg612902.html#msg612902
danep
Grafter

Hi Itsme,
Yes, I know all that. I just wanted them to host it for email etc. anyway, Plusnet have agreed to accept the Domain and have actually said it's done and I just need to consult my domain list!. Unfortunately this was too good to be true as the domain is still not there several hours after their email. Oh well, we can but continue to hope.
Regards
Dane
itsme
Grafter

@danep
The advice was not directed to you but to the OP of the thread which you hijacked. Hence when I replied I quoted the OP.
danep
Grafter

Well, thankfully the saga is nearly over. Plusnet have seen sense and accepted the domain so that it can be transferred out again. Thanks. I cant seem to get it fully over to 123-reg as yet and it's still listed as a domain in my plusnet account but hopefully that will all be sorted in time.
Regards
Dane