cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support by E-Mail

RobL

Support by E-Mail

I know this is not a unique problem but how do I get support by E-mail?

I'm out of Europe at the moment and 8 hours time zones away, this means my working hours and those of Plusnet rarely overlap. I've tried 'Chat' but get no response.

I just need an e-mail contact and it can all be fixed in a very brief communication, or a ticket could be opened and I can resolve the issue via that means. I can't initiate a phone call because of the cost/time difference.

Thanks for any help,

Robert

17 REPLIES 17
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Support by E-Mail

To my knowledge we only have two options, Telephone or Chat but Support is not 24 Hrs

You could try sending one of the Admin/Moderators a private message via one of their profile pages. If you sent it now they'll probably reply later today.

I found the guy below pretty helpful but whether he works weekends I wouldn't like to say.

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14

Best of luck!

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@RobL

Robert might I also suggest you add your criticism here Reaching staff via email

It's an old post but I've just mentioned the difficulties you're having to try and raise more awareness. I wasn't certain that email support didn't exist but like you I've often needed to chat and never been able to find out an email address.

Adding your own comments and dissatisfaction's might at least get the ball rolling, maybe not now but for a future time when you might need that option. It beggars belief that email doesn't exist, it flipping well should!!! Ticked_off

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @RobL

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to get in touch with us via phone/web chat.

As it stands there isn't an email contact I'm afraid however is there anything I can help with on here?

Feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you on Monday when I'm back in the office.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Anoush Your admission that Plusnet misleads customers is revealing...

Why do I say that?  because you have just said  "As it stands there isn't an email contact I'm afraid"

( what are you afraid of? ? ?  )  

This was brought up on a thread, which I can`t find at present, that I started some time ago, and it was regarding "Live Chat" survey questions & answers..

One of the questions on the survey says ( something like )...  If you had not been able to contact us by chat, what would you have done..

answers such as.. used the telephone... write a letter...  Contact by Email...

it was mentioned back then , that there is no email address or option to contact PlusNet via email.. and that there never had been...

So.. why was it put on this new forum survey ????  misleading PlusNet customers  ?

why is it still an option listed on the survey ????  misleading PlusNet customers  ?

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@shutter

Couldn't agree more there fella...

On the other hand ( I like to see both sides of the argument) maybe it's a question in the survey to see if adding email support is warranted? Of course as customers we all know the answer to that question.., of course it's warranted!! None of us would be asking about it otherwise.

I have to pity poor @RobL stuck overseas, Plusnet certainly aint doing him proud.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@shutter - I just advised there is currently no email contact. That's not to say we won't consider it, nor is it confirming we have plans to offer this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Anoush  The point being made..... is that ... the O.P. on this thread, could use an Email conact...

The second point, which I raised in another thread, on the subject,... is that as you have just said, and also was said in the thread I started.. there has never been an email contact...  

my point was ... if there has never been an email contact... and there is unlikely to be one in the future... ( for reason of spam and scam type emails, or even malicious software emails to bring the servers down)...

Why...is it put as an option, as a likely course of action if Live Chat had not worked,...  on the Live Chat.... and after my thread, no action has been taken to remove it as an option, as it is still there..

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Anoush

How would we know if Plusnet were to consider it? Would you survey users and ask if they wanted that service? Personally in the interest of serving your customers to the best of your abilities I'd like to see this subject given greater consideration. Being tucked away in these forums won't give you the full picture as to whether it's needed or even wanted by your customers. Most likely those people that want to get in touch by email and discover they can't go away again feeling let down or unhappy, I know I did.

Room for thought perhaps? Wink

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

In this instance, email contact would not help the OP with their query.

I appreciate the feedback, though we are promoting the use of web chat to resolve online queries with an immediate response.

The option to raise a fault ticket is still there for any problems with broadband/phone.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Anoush

Not wishing to labour the point but how can you say that with any degree of certainty? Have you spoken with @RobL personally? He certainly hasn't joined in any further discussions in this thread since his original post.

Any chance of answering my questions in my last post?

Actually promoting web chat is not going to resolve the absence of an email address where people can contact you, people will still come looking. I've never known any website not have that facility. As for resolving online enquiries with an immediate response, it's a nice idea but what about those people who work nights? How do they contact you when all forms of communication are closed for the day?  

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I just don't think PN have thought this through very well.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

He has PMed me. Honestly, I'm not comfortable in discussing the contents of a private message here unless the poster brings it up.

I appreciate the inconvenience to some customers of support not being open 24/7 anymore and I apologise for that.

The business support line is still open 24/7, and residential support 14.5 hours a day 7 days a week.
RobL

Hi Anoush,

Thank you for your PM response. I can see that you are bound by your companies rules but the suggestions are simply not practical.

Call a UK 0800 number from SE Asia is probably not going to work and would doubtless be an expensive way of listening to 'hold' music.

I have spent the last 70 minutes (starting 07.30 UK time) trying to start a chat conversation but every time it says no agent is available. As far as I can see there is no evidence of a chat service existing; I tried the other day with a similar lack of response.

I shall keep trying but each attempt is another score against PlusNet and aonther reason to find another ISP.

Robert.

RobL

I just got through on Chat! It took 80 minutes of continually trying.

Then I was told that I needed the options team who don't start chat until 09.00 UK time!!

PlusNet really don't want to keep customers do they????

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@Anoush

I see you avoided answering my questions again for a second time! Will you answer them please?

Here they are again..., the questions relate to your comments in your second post down (email option)

1. How would we know if Plusnet were to consider it?
  2. Would you survey users and ask if they wanted that service?